Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Stupid poll wont go away.

Mods fix poll!!
Leave stupid poll there!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: MC: Majoras Mask  (Read 26517 times)

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
Re: MC: Deku Link
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2010, 09:22:16 pm »
  • .越//
do what you want xD

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2010, 09:45:30 pm »
  • You heard of the thing from the place with stuff?
I like the recolored version! I can't decide what's better, Yue's Deku or ZFGC-style's Deku.
Sorry, I can't think of a more interesting sig. > .>
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2010, 09:50:54 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
... one of them (GUESS WHICH!!!) is the one I really like.

The one with the arrow pointing to it? XD Actually, I like the one on the far right end. Well, I just like it's facial expression (looks really deku-like), but I don't really like the rest of it as much as some of the other ones.

I suggest that you change the facial expression on your edit of Yue's to be more like the far right one, and take out the black like under the bottom of the cap, because it doesn't match the style properly (look at Link's hat for reference). Then it should look brilliant! ^,^

Unrelated to the topic but related to Dark-Hylian's avatar -> I made this happen:

Don't feel like you have to use it if you don't like it. I just wanted to see it without the solid white background myself. I fool around too much. ;)
  • My Music
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2010, 10:09:59 pm »

Speaking of which, were did you get that? Did you make it? It looks like an OoX concept art, but he wasn't in OoX.

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2010, 10:57:31 pm »
Google is my friend, and it's a WW drawing of Maku, I believe, the MM's Zora Guitarist.

I think the one on the far right is my best work, but IMO it looks closer to ALTTP than MC.

FF, I like the new Image, I'm about to change my avvy xD
  • Dawning Hour

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2010, 12:22:51 am »
Spent a while working on the deku sprites, and I've come up with all four facing directions. I don't like the face coloring on the sides quite right, but I think it's pretty good. Scrounged up some MM style MC fairies from somewhere on TSR, recolored, and here we go!

Btw, FF, I like the new avvy a lot =D.

Working on a tileset for North Clock Town currently, looking pretty nice, including the Deku Flower.

Also, Shefali, permission to use the MCed MM emblems that go on the gates to the exits to Clock Town??( The ones attached ).
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2010, 12:28:12 am »
Also, Shefali, permission to use the MCed MM emblems that go on the gates to the exits to Clock Town??( The ones attached ).
Those masks never made sence to me becuase, 1: should they be turned so they match the camra angle, 2: I always though the embelems were crests.

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2010, 12:33:46 am »
Well in a town, you'd simply rotate them 90* degrees, so they'd fit right on the door. I guess they could be called crests, but they're both the same thing really. Anyways, I'm gonna work on the walking animations for the Deku Link, then maybe the spin >.>. Also, should he fire bubbles, for the point of having them go a certain distance and requiring a whole crap load of new sprites, or should he fire a Deku Nut, like a Deku Scrub would?
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2010, 12:59:54 am »
Deku Nuts definitly. Also, a crest is a shield, not a mask..... Then again its Majora's Mask....

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2010, 01:07:28 am »
A crest has nothing to do with a shield. And an emblem has nothing to do with a mask. A crest is the same thing as an insignia, typically a symbol that stands for a rank or office, sometimes a household or bloodline. An emblem is similar, often used to refer to a symbol such as a wax seal or a design on a flag. In this case, it's a design on a shield, so either could be used.

Anywho, Made some crud tastic walking animation sprites, but I think the head needs to bob. Anyone know how Deku Link's head bobs / (anyone want to finish the head bob for me??).

And I think I'm going to use a bubble, but the bubble stays the same size and pops after a few seconds, depending on how long you've "charged it".

Also, what think you fine ZFGC lads and lassies of my quick 15 second Deku Flower??
  • Dawning Hour

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2010, 02:02:23 am »
The latest results of however long that House episode was.

I have yet to animate them, but when they are, it'll probably have Link kick his legs back and forth, and the rotation. Any comments on how they turned out? I'm not too sure about the leaves, but I like the colors on them, I think they fit well. Might post some screenies on how the North Clock town tiles are going. Working on the corners now, they're a bit of a pain, seeing as how most rooms only go two high, and this one's 5 =/.

Edit:

That and... this. I kind of like it, but it's really rough. Used a modified pot top for the holes, and I know, there're only 3 instead of 5.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 02:19:37 am by Dark-Hylian »
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2010, 02:30:41 am »
I like how you did the the Deku Pipes and Deku Float, but I prefer Yue's Deku face and i think you should base the Deku Flower on the spring-flower in OoS.

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2010, 02:34:16 am »
A. The face is exactly the same, except recolored, which I said I'd do, so no changing that now =/ (Except the eyes, I changed the colors and added a black patch around the top to make him look sad.)

B. Can I have a picture of the Spring Flower?

C. Also, I maded a bubbly sprite for his magic bubble. Probably will add transparency to it later.
  • Dawning Hour

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2010, 03:26:47 am »
Just spent about 15 minutes working on the tileset for North Clock Town. Thought I'd post a screeny of the progress, and of two sprites I've begun to work on. Can anyone think of who they are?? 10 Kudo points for the answer!!

Also, Chaotic Death... if you ever come on anymore... can I use that scarecrow down there??
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2010, 03:34:40 am »
Can anyone think of who they are?? 10 Kudo points for the answer!!
They are the dancers for the Gorman Circus!

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2010, 03:55:01 am »
Yay. Clap Clap. Some more work on the Tileset, but I'm going to bed soon, Palm Sunday Church tomorrow =/.

As a probably last update for the night, I give you the finest point of North Clock Town area...

BALLOON TINGLE!!

And the MM Balloon that the bomber kid is trying to pop for three days straight.

Oh, and just because I thought it'd be fun, I sprited the Skull Kid without his mask on. Might  use it to sprite a Bo from, looks a lot like one.
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2010, 04:01:11 am »
Yay. Clap Clap. Some more work on the Tileset, but I'm going to bed soon, Palm Sunday Church tomorrow =/.

As a probably last update for the night, I give you the finest point of North Clock Town area...

BALLOON TINGLE!!

And the MM Balloon that the bomber kid is trying to pop for three days straight.

Oh, and just because I thought it'd be fun, I sprited the Skull Kid without his mask on. Might  use it to sprite a Bo from, looks a lot like one.
Make the Majora balloon larger, also, try making a poll and see if FSA tingle or MC tingle is better for the tingle-balloon thing.
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2010, 04:55:25 am »
In Majora's Mask, Tingle never has to move - he just drops straight down from where you popped his balloon, then flies straight back up when you're done with him. The beauty of the MC Tingle sprites is that they have no walking animations or otherwise, so they fit perfectly for a role where he doesn't need to move.

So in my opinion, you should stick with the MC Tingle. And as Random said, the balloons should be the same size.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 04:57:20 am by Nabeshin »
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2010, 06:41:14 am »
  • Young Link IN 3D!
Not sure if it helps but heres the FSA Tingle parts sheet.
working on sprites for my Zelda 1 remake, come see them at
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=38427.0.
My first audio resource is up, http://www.zfgc.com/index.php#?action=resources&sa=view&id=231 , come see it.
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2010, 09:06:08 am »
Spent a while working on the deku sprites, and I've come up with all four facing directions. I don't like the face coloring on the sides quite right, but I think it's pretty good.
The mouth nose of the Deku Link is still wrong, which is very clear from the side view. Take a look at Brown's FSA Deku.

Well in a town, you'd simply rotate them 90* degrees, so they'd fit right on the door.
In a dungeon, I would say you are right. But in towns and the overworld of MC, that is not correct. You can mirror left and right facing, but you can't rotate wall tiles.

Also, should he fire bubbles, for the point of having them go a certain distance and requiring a whole crap load of new sprites, or should he fire a Deku Nut, like a Deku Scrub would?
I have to say it has to be a bubble as well. Nuts are used when Deku Link is flying.

I have yet to animate them, but when they are, it'll probably have Link kick his legs back and forth, and the rotation. Any comments on how they turned out?
I would sprite the propeller leafs separate from deku Link. When making animations you should not only have kicking legs, but also have Link leaning left and right for turning animations. Take a look at MC Link when hovering with Eli.

That and... this. I kind of like it, but it's really rough. Used a modified pot top for the holes, and I know, there're only 3 instead of 5.
I like the Deku Pipes, but maybe the pipes should be a bit higher.

Just spent about 15 minutes working on the tileset for North Clock Town.
I don't think the layout of North Clock Town is right. You are trying to much to recreate it. I think you should take some creative liberties. Like I said earlier, you can't just rotate tiles for the overworld.

And I have to agree with Random. The Majora Balloon should be a bit larger.

But you are doing good work. Keep it up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 81 queries.