Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: World of Hyrule [Online]  (Read 12552 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: World of Hyrule [Online]
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2008, 12:57:09 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

If it's an educational project, you've got backing.

Fair use is for personal use, not for distribution.

Kreator

World of Hyrule Dev
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2008, 12:53:06 am »
Updated first post.  :)
  • World of Hyrule
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2008, 01:02:54 am »
  • The devil in the mirror.
SWEET! I can't wait for more updates :D The graphics looks really good. is it ALL custom?
Working on my Masters Degree in Computer Science.
Hey look, Zelda Coop....later.
Proud user of C++ for 9 years, and counting!

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2008, 06:31:53 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
That character creation ability looks so fuggin sweet!!!!
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART

Kreator

World of Hyrule Dev
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2008, 11:29:20 pm »
SWEET! I can't wait for more updates :D The graphics looks really good. is it ALL custom?
Everything custom 100% from scratch (all sprites, tiles, etc), except for that sheikah image on the character selection window. It was free to use though, and we edited it a bit in Photoshop.  XD

Thanks for the support guys
  • World of Hyrule
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2008, 01:36:03 am »
  • Credits to BaB
Very nice project! Keep up the good work guys. Hehe it's nice to see that my rips are put to good use! (Yes the Sheikah image is one of my rips :D)

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2008, 03:21:08 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Pretty interesting! I'm kinda lookin' forward to seein' where you're going with this :) Keep it up!
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2008, 08:59:26 am »
Character creation screen looks pretty.

Lookin' forward to this.
the a o d c
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2008, 06:05:43 pm »
It's looking great! can't wait for a demo.

Kreator

World of Hyrule Dev
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2009, 12:16:46 am »
Thanks for the support guys
  • World of Hyrule

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2009, 11:00:28 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Character creation screen looks pretty.

Lookin' forward to this.
Jealous much, Aaron :P?

The game looks dandy. I love that sort of bigger ALttP style you've got going. Don't mind all the legal comments, I'm sure it was just making conversation, rather than putting down your project.

No complaints about anything I've seen though. Cannot wait to see more.

Hoffy.

Kreator

World of Hyrule Dev
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2009, 12:19:28 pm »
Alpha Test - v0.1

Estimated Release- Late January - Early February

Alpha Test V0.1 is closed testing, and will only be open to a selected amount of active forum members on our forum. We encourage you to register on our forum! We will have an open-alpha testing eventually, after we have a decent amount of content to show off.

Preword- It is important that you guys understand that the client you will be testing will be very standard. It majorly consists of the entire backbone of the engine, featuring all the basics you may not appreciate such as movement, chatting, attacking, and so forth. Do know though, that although very little Zelda-style features and content have been implemented, we have progressed far. Remember, everything is form scratch. The engine, the graphics, and many other aspects

What will be featured?
Seamless maps- The entire overworld is seamless, and only loads once, upon running the game. However, do know that we will restrict exploration to only Kakariko Village and the Graveyard.
Pixel Movement- You are not restricted to any sort of tile movement, and can move diagonally as well.
Basic GUI- Although not final, an earlier version of the GUI is previewed in the game, so you can navigate through and test interfaces such as equips, character statistics, party menu, and such.
Combat- There will be basic attacking, as well as PK-ing available for the time being, for something to do.
Item Customization- To show off one of our own special features as an extra touch, we will let you test our item sockets feature, where you may socket special items in your weapons and armor to increase attributes.

What will not be featured?
Underworld maps- For the time being, there will be no interior or underworld maps, therefore you will not be able to enter houses. Different map overlays and transitions are currently undergoing discussion as to how we will finalize them.
Npcs- NPC formatting is currently undergoing a remake, and therefore there may not be any NPCs in game
Character Creation- Character creation and such have not been completed, and therefore will be left out of the testing client. You will only test as a standard bald male Hylian.
Majority of ALL zelda-style features planned- As we have been focusing on the backbone of the engine- we have not yet worked on much else. So even simple features such as cuttable shrubs, are incomplete.

Keep in mind we are still early in development. Do not be disappointed, we have come this far, and will go all the way. We will conclude with every feature we planned. In time, World of Hyrule will arise, and dominate all.
  • World of Hyrule
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2009, 03:58:01 pm »
  • Oh.
Very cool.  Wondering; will combat be realtime?  Doesn't say much about that.  As it says "Seamless world", how will you handle interiors?  Are they actually part of the world, as in you walk into them and you're in, or does it load a separate level?
Hm.

Kreator

World of Hyrule Dev
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2009, 12:47:56 pm »
Of cause combat will be real time.

And interiors is under discussion, as to whether the entire world will be seamless, as to some layers vanish when you enter interiors, or whereas there will be a giant seemless underworld map underneath the overworld. When you go indoors, it fades into a different map.
  • World of Hyrule

sintar

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 01:20:12 am »
Well, seeing as Kreator hasn't updated this thread in a while, I guess I will. (I'm not on the dev team for this game, but I am a fan.)

Video tour of Hyrule Field, the largest area (currently) in the game. Preliminary mapping has just been completed, so do forgive them if it seems plain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3LTBvJKGlQ

Death mountain has also had some mapping done...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs6UxLDa424

Spawn point in Kakariko

Socketed items
http://hyrule.lexipixelgames.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=23

Random screens from the first Alpha: (Note- in the Alpha only the generic character sprite was available, customization has not yet been implemented, thus the identical characters.)

Glitching out of the map >.< (Collision bug, good times. It's been fixed. Not good times. :P )

Logging in

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 02:05:38 am »
  • Oh.
Give the players shadows.  They lack depth.
Hm.
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2009, 06:10:27 pm »
When this game is out, i gonna reach my way to the top, i will conquer the game! o.o
Hope it doesnt get boring when you reach higher level like it did for me in rose online, when i reached level 200 it was like "T____T".
But this is a zelda game so i guess it wont happen this time :P
I love the graphic, the team really got some talents. :]

When are you planning to release the open beta? I dont need an exact time but i want to know when i can expect it to come out. I really wanna try it. Im a ORPG freak. Have played everything from Tibia to runescape to Rose to WoW. I cant even count how many ORPG, MMORPG games ive played so far :p

If you ever need a glitch finder/beta tester/glitch hunter or any such thing as that, give me a call. That is my speciality. I remember the good old days when OoT was new and we was sitting the entire days just to find glitches :-]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 06:26:41 pm by LTGH »

Niamh

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2009, 12:18:23 am »
Actually, I was an Alpha Tester (could barely test thanks to my sucky Windows Vista). The Highest level is 75. The gist of it is to make the fighting more about strategy than leveling up to max out stats. I've seen some crazy glitches like a stair case that makes you float higher than the steps.

From what I can tell (and I'm not positive as I'm not part of the development team) the Beta may open sometime around summer (I live in the Northern hemisphere). If you go to their website an join the forums you may get more information.

sintar

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2009, 01:13:48 am »
If you want to get feedback directly to the development team (such as add shadows) you may want to register on the official forums, otherwise I cannot guarantee that they will see your comment. (I will however, forward that one on, this is for future reference.)

I was also an Alpha tester, and I got to play quite a bit (With Windows Vista... hmm. Nice computer? Luck of the draw?)

Even in the Alpha everything is a lot of fun, the team has some really talented people on it. They also seem really dedicated to actually getting this project out the door, which is always nice.

Kreator

World of Hyrule Dev
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2009, 11:46:40 am »
Sweet thanks Sintar, its hard to keep everything up to date.

Hell, next big update, since your so helpful maybe I will find you a spot to help with non-development tasks, since you offered previously.  :)

In answer to all questions, the game is in very early development, so regarding things like player shadows, they need not be mentioned we have everything planned in a massive game design document. It will all be implemented in time. We just have an important priority list.  ;)
  • World of Hyrule
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 78 queries.