Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ocarina of Time 3D  (Read 4886 times)

Re: Ocarina of Time 3D
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 12:45:18 pm »
3D mode is awesome (as long as you don't feel a little under the weather, it is not for those already-have-a-headache-gaming sessions.)
It looks very pretty and lively, and as has already been stated, if you go for a while with 3D, and then swithch it off, the differnce is really surprising.

Also: I've found the sinking lure in the fishing pond, I walked around a lot on the log where the big fish is. Young Link, mode.

A WEIRD WEIRD side effect is that I've started to dream about switching between 2D to 3D, it's like my sensory input has learnt a new way of experiencing things, so I dream of things switching from a stable flat surface to being layered in depths. (I dreamt of reading a newspaper, the photos, text and headlines got all layered and 3D-like when I switched in my dream) So I think being able to get used to having 3D available is a cool thing that might change some things in the way we percieve eye-input and sights. Truly odd.
- Viewing at the moment: Project Runway [TV-series].
- Reading at the moment: Kuragehime [manga], Uncanny X-men issues 37 - 66 [comics].
- Listening to at the moment:
- Playing at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN], FFCC: Ring of Fates [NDS].
- Let's Play in-the-making at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN]
- Studying at the moment: University course "French, Preparatory Course" for a re-examination on subcourse "Grammar and Translation" in August, University course "Basic Course in the Humanities" for a re-examination on subcourse "The Concept of Culture" in August.
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2011, 06:31:09 am »
Damnit you guys! I was trying to save money and now I'm going to have to go buy a 3DS and this game :P Just people recounting OOT moments is driving me nuts. Maybe I'll just go play my n64 cart :P Try to get my fix that way... but... redone graphics in 3D... hmmm Walmart is still open...
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
  • Fictitious Spoon Productions

Arcaith

Landscape Police
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2011, 10:49:20 am »
  • *ding*
Still six days until I can get my copy here D: I am -unbelievably- jealous right now.
*MooN*
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2011, 05:25:41 pm »
Don't be, make it your own experience. No pressure. Since I've been sick, I haven't gotten farther than Goron City despite getting the game on the 17th, so... it's not a race ^_^

Something that is ultra awesome though: The added details in all the houses. All I'm saying is: Carpenters house in Kakariko. So cool.
- Reading at the moment: Kuragehime [manga], Uncanny X-men issues 37 - 66 [comics].
- Playing at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN], FFCC: Ring of Fates [NDS].
- Let's Play in-the-making at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN]
- Studying at the moment: University course "French, Preparatory Course" for a re-examination on subcourse "Grammar and Translation" in August, University course "Basic Course in the Humanities" for a re-examination on subcourse "The Concept of Culture" in August.

DeathTailsz

Wanderer
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2011, 05:27:49 pm »
  • Angelic Hymn
It looks very pretty and lively, and as has already been stated, if you go for a while with 3D, and then swithch it off, the differnce is really surprising.

I can imagine the flying glowing worm particles in the Kokiri Forest flying out of the screen.

"More like Stupei Ace Defective!" - Yukari - Persona 3
  • StarFox 2D
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2011, 07:26:28 pm »
haha, I thought they'd hit me in my eyes!
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2011, 07:37:15 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
Nyuuuuuuu~ I wanna this game badly >__<
Quick, donate me 300€ so I can buy 3DS and OoT3D!
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2011, 06:57:04 am »
  • 笑い男

I can imagine the flying glowing worm particles in the Kokiri Forest flying out of the screen.

It's not the flying out the screen 3D effect that makes you go "wow!" until you get bored of its gimmicky-ness.
All it does it add another dimension to the view. The screen now has depth, not just height and width.
3D isn't just some WOW! ITS JUMPING OUT AT ME! thing, it's just another dimension that we're all very used to viewing in real life with our two eyes, but something that's never really been in games until now, because of screens being 2D.
It's not amazing instantaneously, but after playing with it on, it's very hard to go back to having it off. It does add a lot to the game without it getting in the way, which is perfect.
It's very much like the DS's dual screens/touch screen. First seen as a gimmick, first used as a gimmick, but eventually brought naturally into games that use it very well, so well that you forget that its "WOW! TWO SCREENS! AND I CAN TOUCH ONE TO CONTROL IT!" and just use it, naturally.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 07:00:03 am by hawthorneluke »

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2011, 06:04:17 am »
So I now have less money and a 3DS and OOT... I REGRET NOTHING!! :P While we're on the subject, have any decent 3DS games been released other then OOT 3D?
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
  • Fictitious Spoon Productions
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2011, 08:21:36 am »
  • 笑い男

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2011, 04:46:56 pm »
  • odens knop
Oh well it's good whilst it last. Still at least I'm the first on this forum to beat Ocarina of Time 3D's original quest :P
I beat the original quest the same day I got the game. I got it at opening hours and beat it before I went to bed.  ;)
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2011, 08:35:14 pm »
Oh well it's good whilst it last. Still at least I'm the first on this forum to beat Ocarina of Time 3D's original quest :P
I beat the original quest the same day I got the game. I got it at opening hours and beat it before I went to bed.  ;)
You jammy son of a !@#$% :P

Well done btw lol
  • Phoenix Heart

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2011, 07:13:19 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
If you have link stand around for a bit, watch him. He'll do the Wave xD
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 64 queries.