Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: I got a X-Box 360  (Read 5495 times)

Re: I got a X-Box 360
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2009, 07:51:00 pm »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
I'll give you some thoughts on my current 360 collection at school, this doesn't include what I have at home :P

Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball (XBOX) - Doesn't play on 360, was a gag purchase. Sits on my shelf and collects dust.
Fable: The Lost Chapters (XBOX) - Haven't really played it much. It runs at a slow choppy framerate on 360 (And maybe on XBOX?) And it really isn't that good. I've heard Fable II is much improved though, it might be worth checking out if there's a demo on the marketplace.
Ninja Gaiden (XBOX) - Yeah, the original. Black is on the marketplace and II is $10 at Best Buy, I hear it applies online. I highly recommend you get a copy of II and if possible 1200 MS poins and Black. The game is hard, but its an amazing DMC-ish beat em up, with ninjas. Nothing is more satisfying than throwing shurikens at the badguys.
Call of Duty 4 - Great online shooter, superb campaign, if you're into FPS at all, I recommend it.
Condemned 2: Bloodshot - Have yet to play this one. Its $10 at Best Buy and I hear its good.
Dead Rising - This game is a masterpiece, and it'll run you $30. You do nothing but chop up zombies in a shopping mall with insane weapons, ranging from squirt guns to MegaMan's buster arm to Fender Strats. If there's one game on the 360 you need to own, this is it. And the Wii port won't be nearly as good, because a lot of this game's magic comes from there being hordes of zombies.
Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires - My roommate buy this for $12 used, and he's the only one that plays it. Repetitive music, lots of button mashing. Think KH but with Chinese and not nearly as fun. I don't recommend this one.
Gears of War 2 - Blood, guts, chainsaws, aliens. What's not to like? If you don't know whether or not you like Gears of War, check out some videos online. Think a fast paced RE4 with enough ammo, and you pretty much have it.
Grand Theft Auto IV - They redid the engine from 3, and it has about the same amount of content as 3. Some people don't like it because it doesn't have all the SA content, but I personally love it. It has online multiplayer where you can just screw around in the city, the competitive multiplayer sucks.
Lego Indiana Jones - Came with 360, haven't played it. I bet you have this one already.
Kung Fu Panda - Same Same
Mass Effect - I haven't played this yet. I hear its KOTOR on roids. Got it for $20 from Best Buy.
Rock Band - Probably the second greatest guitar hero game ever made. I don't need to explain this one. More DLC than GH, four instruments, song difficulty's about the same as of world tour. Its a matter of preference.
Rock Band 2 - The best one, and the sequel to RB.
Rock Band ACDC - $40 at Walmart, not worth the money, BUT ACDC :(
Sonic Unleashed - Underrated game, when this drops in price pick it up. Sonic stages are fast paced onrails-ish and the Werehog stages are tolerable.

I don't feel like typing anymore, sorry D:
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited

Weapon Master

りしゅ にっぽん わたし です。
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2009, 09:03:27 pm »
Dynasty Warriors 6 for 360 is epic, btw, dynasty warrior games are the most fun when with friends, though tis one of those, you either hate it or love it games

Bioshock:  Awesome game, you will have alot of fun with it, it lacks multiplayer, and the replay value isnt to high, but a fun game nonetheless

Ninja Gaiden 2: awesome game, but a little on the hard side, i havent been able to beat it, but then again, maybe i just suck at it, im not to good with those type games, (GoW, DmC) but fun as hell nonetheless

Oblivion: you will not be able to put it down, i have yet to get all the achievments, the same goes for Fallout 3, only Oblivion, is MUCH MUCH longer then fallout 3

Tales of Vesperia:  Awesome action RPG, think kingdom hearts, but in a 'fighter' style, and actually need to have stratedgy to win. unlike KH where you just smash X.

Armored Core 4: awesome game, but pretty damn hard for new players, the custimization on the Mechs is incredible, the graphics are top notch, youll want to own it just for the artistic style of it.

Mirrors Edge: a Parqor game,action platformer, think Sonic, only actually successful on the 360.

Burnout Paradise: Action racing game, the game is full free run, as say GTA or SKATE, you start races or crash sessions by pulling up to red lights and revving your engine, its has had many patches for free, motercycles, and coming up futuristic cars and special cars such as the Echo1.

Lost Odyseey: A mucb better then normal Jrpg.  This game brings about ALOT of difficulty, but the story, imo is awesome, and you will love Jansan's personality.

Blue Dragon: another Jrpg, not sure if its based on the anime or the other way around, but pretty damn awesome, and the boss music is Eternity by Ian Gillen, which is Epic.

Left4Dead: Best played with friends, goes 2 player coop on same screen, and 4 player coop online, this game will freak you out, and scare the hell out of you, the game's creatures are all randomized, so expect a new experience everytiem you play, replay value is very high.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 09:10:04 pm by Weapon Master »
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2009, 09:08:10 pm »
  • Oh.
The Orange Box -> Best game collection in the world!

Left 4 Dead -> Best Co-Op game in the world!
Hm.

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2009, 09:39:51 pm »
Xbox 360***

Also, you should check out Gears of War 1 and 2, Call of Duty 4.
:D
  • Likes to Ramble

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2009, 09:46:39 pm »
  • b e p i s
The Orange Box: you're crazy not to buy this...it gives you five incredible games for one low price. The PC version, however, is VASTLY superior. I've played both.

Bioshock: A marvelous game with both a gameplay AND a story that make you really think, a rarity these days.

Fallout 3: One of the most immersive, beautiful games I've ever played. The writing is phenomenal, but the gameplay is rather typical WRPG stuff...might not be something you're into.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2009, 10:32:00 pm »
http://www.gamefaqs.com

Click xboc360 tab, look at top ten games.
That was lazy not to just post the game titles themselves, not to mention there's no doubt Halo 3 is on the top 10, which is imho a crappy game. Just because they're the top 10 "popularity"-wise doesn't mean they're worth spending 40-50 bucks on for everyone.
* DJvenom checks

Yup, Halo 3? Madden NFL '09? Those are MUST-HAVES!

I was at schol and didn't have much time on my hands...anyway, most of those games are top ten for the Live.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2009, 10:44:28 pm »
Yup, Halo 3?

If you had live I'd say yes, its still the most played multiplayer game around. and, Forge is fun as !@#$%.

Weapon Master

りしゅ にっぽん わたし です。
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2009, 10:53:56 pm »
best part of forge= dropping a tank on people
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2009, 11:01:05 pm »
best part of forge= dropping a tank on people

or steal a banshee whilst some pillock's trying to be a 'cool pilot'
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2009, 11:52:20 pm »
  • Kyon-kun, denwa!
I bought GTA4 when i got the system. Also, it was the Holiday Bundle, so I got the Lego Indy/Kung Fu Panda games free. KFP I'm afraid to try, but I really like the Lego Indy game seeing as I have Lego Star Wars 1 and 2 on PS2 and Lego Star Wars: the Complete Collection on Wii. I'll probably eventually buy Lego Batman.

I was going to get Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop on the Wii until I had a 360, now I do, i can get the better version. a Friend of mine told me good things about Mass Effect, so Im prolly gonna get that and Halo 3 for Multiplayer on Live. Also, Ive seen L4D as my brother got it on PC for Christmas. It looks cool, but I might get the PC version instead to play my brother while he's off in California at College.

Im really liking the 360 so far. I hate to say it, but I enjoy the Xbox Live more than the Wii's Online features.

"You gave us up for warcraft!?" -Comrade Kesha

Weapon Master

りしゅ にっぽん わたし です。
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2009, 12:22:07 am »
its a wonder though isnt it, that the 360 is the only system without a web browser....i mean even the DS and PSP have em O.o

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2009, 01:41:12 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
One game that is actually quite fun is Dead Rising you are stuck in a mall full of zombies and can fight them with anything you find in the mall from hedge clippers to a toy sword. Great Fun!!!

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2009, 02:28:10 am »
  • Oh.
I bought GTA4 when i got the system. Also, it was the Holiday Bundle, so I got the Lego Indy/Kung Fu Panda games free. KFP I'm afraid to try, but I really like the Lego Indy game seeing as I have Lego Star Wars 1 and 2 on PS2 and Lego Star Wars: the Complete Collection on Wii. I'll probably eventually buy Lego Batman.

I was going to get Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop on the Wii until I had a 360, now I do, i can get the better version. a Friend of mine told me good things about Mass Effect, so Im prolly gonna get that and Halo 3 for Multiplayer on Live. Also, Ive seen L4D as my brother got it on PC for Christmas. It looks cool, but I might get the PC version instead to play my brother while he's off in California at College.

Im really liking the 360 so far. I hate to say it, but I enjoy the Xbox Live more than the Wii's Online features.

Wait wait WAIT..

No, sir, you should have upgraded your PC to unparalleled performance.  Not buy a 360.
Hm.

Weapon Master

りしゅ にっぽん わたし です。
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2009, 02:32:43 am »
One game that is actually quite fun is Dead Rising you are stuck in a mall full of zombies and can fight them with anything you find in the mall from hedge clippers to a toy sword. Great Fun!!!

dont forget ramming zombies with the car ^_^

and megamans blaster!!!
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2009, 06:58:22 am »
I'm also gonna throw in recommendations for Bioshock, Orange Box, Left 4 Dead, and Dead Rising. I forgot about them when I made my last post because I haven't played DR in years, and all the others I have on PC.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2009, 10:28:26 pm »
  • Kyon-kun, denwa!
As a Follow-up:

I had to pay a bunch of bills from my paycheck today, but I did have enough money for a cheap 360 title. I scored Mass Effect for $20. I liked KOTOR, so I think I might like Mass Effect. :)

My next check will probably be spent getting Halo 3, Assassin's parkour, Soul Caliber 4, a new controller, and a couple other 360-related accessories.

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2009, 12:35:06 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.

dont forget ramming zombies with the car ^_^

and megamans blaster!!!

Yes both great times along with many others!! XD

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2009, 01:00:06 am »
My next check will probably be spent getting Halo 3, Assassin's parkour, Soul Caliber 4, a new controller, and a couple other 360-related accessories.

Do yourself a favor: don't buy those games. I can maybe understand Halo 3 if you have a lot of friends you want to play with. Soul Caliber 4 is ok, but if you have any of the other installments you aren't really missing out that much. The one I would recommend least is Assassin's parkour: I just didn't enjoy it that much. Plus, after you beat it there isn't much else to do. If you really want to play it, do yourself a favor and just rent it.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2009, 03:42:56 pm »
  • Kyon-kun, denwa!
Ive played SC4 before and liked it enough, I want my own copy. Plus it'll be great fun with my brothers when they come home from College for the Summer (Same with Halo 3, but I can also enjoy it with Online Multiplayer as well). I also have seen someone play Assassin's parkour and also read good things about it too, so I want to try it out. Besides, AC is a cheaper title now.

Also, Renting titles is out of the question when you live out in the country and the closest Video Store is 45 miles away (which is how Ive accumulated over 30 PS2 games over the years).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 03:45:16 pm by ArcticFerret »

gm112

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2009, 04:42:00 pm »
Ive played SC4 before and liked it enough, I want my own copy. Plus it'll be great fun with my brothers when they come home from College for the Summer (Same with Halo 3, but I can also enjoy it with Online Multiplayer as well). I also have seen someone play Assassin's parkour and also read good things about it too, so I want to try it out. Besides, AC is a cheaper title now.

Also, Renting titles is out of the question when you live out in the country and the closest Video Store is 45 miles away (which is how Ive accumulated over 30 PS2 games over the years).
Halo 3's great. I like it, but it tends to get boring after awhile. You should check out Lost Odyssey.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.271 seconds with 78 queries.