Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tetris (Yep, another tetris game, but this one DOESNT SUCK!!!)  (Read 3099 times)

Pedlya

Pederp
Tetris (Yep, another tetris game, but this one D...
« on: July 25, 2006, 09:22:40 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
I am going to make skins for this that you can all use, but heres the game so far. Please post with your C&C!

Tetris 

Controls:
Arrow keys to move blocks
Space bar to turn the tetromino
P button to pause the game
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 09:25:28 am by Pedlya »
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
Re: Tetris (Yep, another tetris game, but this o...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 09:33:18 am »
nice tetris. i took an attempt at tetris before... and failed miserably T__T
this would be cool if it had an online feature :D and the instant drop thing... and hold :D
^-^
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 09:46:15 am »
nice, i suck at tetris though.

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 09:50:35 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
I was in the top ten for Tetris DS for about a week, which is why I luff tetris so much n____n
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 10:23:08 pm »
  • w00t
Just a few things I noticed while playing:

A few of the tracks seem to play at too loud a volume, making them sound distored and nasty.  I'm not sure if this is something you can fix, but it's worth noting.

Will it be possible to add our own skins and music?  If so, how will this be implemented?  Will you use external resources and allow users to simply add their own skins/music tracks to the folder?  Or will we have to post our skins for inclusion into the official .exe?

The ability to use the Up arrow key to rotate the tetrominos would be awesome.  A way to rotate in the opposite direction would also be appreciated.

Does the difficulty increase at any point?  It should probably speed up at certain scores. 

I believe that the delay between when a block hits the ground and when it is locked in place is a little bit too long.  I was nearing the top of the screen and I got screwed over a few times because I thought that the blocks were locked in place when they were still freely moveable for another half second. 

In addition, I found a bug.  If you hold the Down key while a piece hits the ground, the piece will not get locked into place, and you are free to move it around, sliding it along the ground.  You can even still rotate it a bit if space permits.  This happens when a falling piece hits other pieces already placed as well.

A high score table would be great. 

It's a very good start, and for the most part it's pretty faithful to the original.  It just needs a bit more finetuning.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 10:43:31 pm »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
THANKYOU!!!
I was waiting for someone to finally give me some crit so I can make it better. About the skins and music yes I will have skin packs, and a guideline for you to make your own, also the music is just there till I come out with a music folder you put all your music in. Ill work on the glitches you mentioned, and thankyou for the crit and thankyou for playing.
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 05:26:41 am »
  • MEOW
I'm playing it right now, comments in a sec.

The first time I booted it up I got an error but it played fine the second time.

DAMN THAT DELAYED LANDING!! I've screwed up a few times from that, can't wait til it's fixed. I'd like to pwn some people with high score screenies.

By the way, when and if this gets a high score feature/online competitions, please people.. prepare to be owned.
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 04:28:33 pm »
Nice, I love Tetris! n___n And I love the Mario Paint music! *actually owns and still plays Mario Paint*

But there's something wrong with the pausing. "Unknown variable p".

EDIT: I think the problem is that I used Enter to pause.

EDIT2: Found another bug! If you're holding the Down Arrow when a block hits the bottom, the next block won't come down until you let go.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 04:33:35 pm by Soulja »
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 10:02:53 pm »
  • w00t
EDIT2: Found another bug! If you're holding the Down Arrow when a block hits the bottom, the next block won't come down until you let go.

I actually mentioned that in my post as well:

In addition, I found a bug.  If you hold the Down key while a piece hits the ground, the piece will not get locked into place, and you are free to move it around, sliding it along the ground.  You can even still rotate it a bit if space permits.  This happens when a falling piece hits other pieces already placed as well.

In any case, I have one more suggestion:  I believe that the pieces start off too far to the left.  They should start off in the center of the playing field. 
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 07:58:58 pm »
Good music :)

I think that the speed should increase.

Sol edit: Removed gravedigging post and all posts following which were all references to it. (In other words, topic cleaned.)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 06:03:52 pm by Sol »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.349 seconds with 57 queries.