Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Paid] Sprite work, Zombies Ate My Neighbors  (Read 3323 times)

[Paid] Sprite work, Zombies Ate My Neighbors
« on: November 05, 2011, 12:44:08 am »
Rules:
-All global rules apply
-Threads aimed at recruiting should be titled in the following format
Hi folks. First, I'm new here, and reallyreally hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting about something NOT related to Zelda! Most active forum I've found on the topic, and I DO love Zelda! It's just for my project, I need a bit of assistance to create a few screenshots and gauge interest on the game I have in mind on developing.

The game is based on the Zombies game, and really the only part I'm worried about now is generating a few screens with two different characters and then building a website around the game, to see what the interest level is from the world of the characters I'll be using in the game. If there is enough I am going to move forward with the game and devoting time on it - and also hiring for a few key positions here. ;-)

What I really need is someone who can manipulate the sprites on some screen grabs, and create custom sprites in appropriate places using characters and picture references we have. I'd assume most of this can be done via Photoshop - which is why I'm here asking, my brother is the artistic one. ;-)

It would REALLY help that if in addition to making some extra money, you also have an interest in the game, the genre, or helping a game in the area out - I think that interest in the game will be a given and regardless, it'll be a fun project on a fun game.

If you're interested in a bit about me, I'm a combat vet in school for marketing. I normally build and flip websites while going to school online and raising my daughter. A newer site I have put up that has some info about me at the bottom is at PRLuv dot com - I'm the guy, sorry. ;-) Monica is just my super cool friend, also a gamer and helping out on this project though.

All the best, (mods, I hope this was cool!)

Thomas
Re: [Paid] Sprite work, Zombies Ate My Neighbors
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 03:32:10 am »
  • Minalien
If you want to gauge interest in a game idea, you're far better off creating a game prototype (there are countless tools available to make this a quick process) than getting people to make mockups and building a website around it. Gamers tend to prefer something that they can experience and interact with, rather than pretty pictures to look at-- especially given the particular stigma associated with mockups within this community's history.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 01:54:25 pm by 美奈の姫 »
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 05:37:44 am »
Hi.

Well, thing is, I have the website and the gamer community already. So I can get the word out to a significant amount of subscribers and visitors about a new game and what it's about, and who the characters are in it. Fans of the characters who hear about the game through this 'preview' placed up won't care about playing it at this point to talk about it - which is why getting a Photoshop guy to mock up a couple pictures so I can measure buzz among the non-gamers I'm targeting...is easier in every single way.

Sure, as a gamer, I'd love to play something. But as a fan of something or someone, when I hear about them possibly being involved in something, depending on how appealing it sounds, I'll be inclined to show my support or lack of in some way. And fans of these two characters are VERY passionate. ;-)

Thanks guys, I'll use Fiverr.
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 05:48:33 am »
Although if the game idea is received favorably I will be back to hire for people to make it happen - the changes required to Zombies would simply be the characters and maybe a few enemy sprites. I know nothing about creating games so that would be something I'd have to hire out for - I don't know if it's simple, or complicated, but I'd have a ceiling of about $2,000 US to make it happen. Very large fan base, no games. Not because of legal action. ;-)

Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 45 queries.