Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Resident Evil 5 is made for a racist?  (Read 13468 times)

Resident Evil 5 is made for a racist?
« on: June 04, 2008, 09:20:52 am »
You hear nobody crying when we a game is filled with white people that you can kill by shooting, blowing them up etc, but if the game features black people people start calling it a racist game.

Opinions?
Re: Resident Evil 5 is made for a racist?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 09:54:24 am »
People are idiots.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 10:40:05 am »
LOL

Resident Evil is made by !@#$% JAPAN.
People who complain here in the States and abroad about racism in RE5, HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH THEIR TIME EXCEPT LOOK LIKE ASSHOLES WHO HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN COMPLAIN.

lol

"You are shooting black guys....game must be racist."

Wow, what real !@#$% intelligent logic there.

So, it's okay for Carl and gang(San Andreas) to go around and do whatever the hell they want and portray the blacks as gettho mutha fuckas who are all punks and thugs.

Where is the racism there?  It's reverse racism but it's still racism.

H_B, it just boils down to people who will never stop complaining that they are "oppressed".
I say we just take 'em all out back and give 'em all a whippin'...lol
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 01:56:03 pm »
  • Minalien
Giving attention to the people who call racism on every bit of entertainment released simply serves to further what they want (attention and a grasp at !@#$% something up)
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 08:31:02 pm »
There are white people in RE5

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 08:36:14 pm »
  • Things to see and people to do.
By that logic, RE4 should be considered racist since the enemies are mostly Spanish.

Seriously, people are idiots. Don't let them tell you otherwise.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 08:36:38 pm »
  • :'O
Why the !@#$% does it matter its a game, the last one made fun of people from Spain (Spaniards I guess), previous ones made fun of white people. Now its GOTTA be racist because its black people. You do know that Africa is actually filled with tons of white people. It is still predominately black in most villages.

What I really hate is when something involves a black person how some of them automatically assume it is because they are black. Like everything has to revolve around the color of their skin, when its actually just because they act like plain dumb asses and give a bad name to their race.
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 09:07:41 pm »
  • :D
Why the !@#$% does it matter its a game, the last one made fun of people from Spain (Spaniards I guess), previous ones made fun of white people. Now its GOTTA be racist because its black people. You do know that Africa is actually filled with tons of white people. It is still predominately black in most villages.

What I really hate is when something involves a black person how some of them automatically assume it is because they are black. Like everything has to revolve around the color of their skin, when its actually just because they act like plain dumb asses and give a bad name to their race.

What I really hate is when white people complain about black people complaining.  They act like plain dumb asses and give a bad name to our race.

NOTE:  I'm not saying that RE5 is racist at all, but I can certainly understand why one might think so.  You are some whitey who goes into a village of exclusively black people, and you kill them ALL. 

Also: consider history before you spout things out.  Just fifty years ago black people couldn't even go to the same schools as white people (in the US).  Those people are still alive:  Just because you choose to ignore race does not mean that issues of race are gone.  Racism IS an issue, and our (american) past defines the present.  Also note: We haven't had major race issues with the Spanish-- why would anybody associate that with race?  There are constant issues about race surrounding white vs. black, it's completely logical to associate this game with that, conciously or unconciously.

In RE5, every enemy we have seen so far is black.  They aren't human, they're portrayed as animals that have to be put down-- and keep in mind these are impoverished people.  It's basically: Well armed perfectly toned white man killing thousands of poor black people, acting like they are not human.

You guys see how it could be racist, but you white people love to pretend that racism doesn't exist.  People are going to be offended by this, whether it was intentional or not, so just get over it.  Stop being ignorant little complainers and shut your mouths for a minute.

EDIT: And again, to clarify: I don't think RE5 is racist.  But it's easily interpretable that way, that's all I'm saying.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 09:11:06 pm by a Hint of Lime »
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 09:30:33 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
I hate how people jump to assumptions like this. If the aim was to kill them BECAUSE they were black, then they'd have a point. People who complain are making matters worse by focusing on the fact that theyre black, instead of just thinking of them as people.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 02:56:21 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
I hate how people jump to assumptions like this. If the aim was to kill them BECAUSE they were black, then they'd have a point. People who complain are making matters worse by focusing on the fact that theyre black, instead of just thinking of them as people.

Pretty much this. Really, in a video game, it doesn't matter what race a character is. If my reticle turns red when they cross in front of it, they have to die.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 03:08:25 am »
Here is a video about it. Made by Game Overthinker.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw8DkSmJDOg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw8DkSmJDOg</a>
  • Likes to Ramble
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 04:17:17 pm »
That's so damn stupid. The game takes place in Africa, duh there will be Black people in the game. What's even more stupid is that the Black people whining about the game are American, whereas the actual Black people in the game are Africans and are completely unrelated to the Blacks in America (besides ancestry).
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 01:44:25 am »
  • :'O
Where is the racism there?  It's reverse racism but it's still racism.
I'm gonna say this once and thats it.
RACISM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH AFRICAN AMERICANS
The word was not made for them, the word is not about them, the word has nothing to do with White people hating them or anybody else for that matter.

Quote from: Wikipedia
Racism, by its simplest definition, is discrimination based on racial group.
It doesn't say "Racism is when people hate on black people"
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 10:41:43 pm »
  • ZFGC Founder
The worst racists are those who see racism in EVERYTHING.
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 08:48:11 am »
The one time I make a long post, nobody replies or counters it :( 

That's so damn stupid. The game takes place in Africa, duh there will be Black people in the game. What's even more stupid is that the Black people whining about the game are American, whereas the actual Black people in the game are Africans and are completely unrelated to the Blacks in America (besides ancestry).
How is focusing on race bad?  They ARE black, there is no reason to ignore that.  They also ARE being discriminated against by a white guy, whether or not it has anything to do with race. Because of US history and the constant racial struggles of white vs. black, what is illogical about seeing a race issue in this game?  It's very blatantly white guy vs. black people in the videos, so the mind can easily associate that with white vs. black.

And there is not a single person in the entire world who can see somebody and think "person" instead of "black person" or "white person."  There is nothing wrong with seeing and accepting race.  Trying to ignore it isn't going to make anything better.

The worst racists are those who see racism in EVERYTHING.
How exactly does seeing racism make you racist?  Explain your logic please.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 09:18:01 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Why is it only racism if the protagonist is white...?

It's kinda funny, really. You kill plenty of white people in GTA SA, but wheres the racism controversy with that?

Also, limey, the point TRM is trying to make is that most people typically see beyond race, but its people who try to push the issue and make it out to be a racist ploy perpetuate the notion of racism in the first place.

I personally didn't pay any attention to the race of the zombies/infected/whatever they are until I saw THIS particular thread. Funny how that works, eh? It's people who exploit something as racist (when it is NOT) that cause an issue most typically.

Also, apparently video games can only take place in white nations if the protagonist is white. ~ALL OTHER ETHNIC AREAS ARE OFF LIMITS GAME DEVELOPERS, OK? HINDER YOUR CREATIVITY FOR THE SAKE OF RACE ACCEPTANCE EVEN IF YOUR CREATIONS INTENT ISN'T TO DEFAME ANOTHER RACE~
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 01:17:35 pm »
  • ZFGC Founder
Also, limey, the point TRM is trying to make is that most people typically see beyond race, but its people who try to push the issue and make it out to be a racist ploy perpetuate the notion of racism in the first place.
He hit the nail on the head.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 03:03:18 pm »
  • :3
When you play a game like RE5- you don't see race, you see a bunch of freaks trying to kill you. If a Chinese guy jumped out of nowhere with his jaw all !@#$% up like theirs, trying to rip your face off, you wouldn't really stop to consider his skin colour, since he's not a person anyway. He's not even real.

And it's funny how there's no giant sexism debates about games.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 02:15:56 am »
When you play a game like RE5- you don't see race, you see a bunch of freaks trying to kill you. If a Chinese guy jumped out of nowhere with his jaw all !@#$% up like theirs, trying to rip your face off, you wouldn't really stop to consider his skin colour, since he's not a person anyway. He's not even real.
Uh... I don't.  When I see the RE5 trailer, I see a white guy killing a !@#$%-ton of black people.  What does that mean? 

Not everybody sees things the same way as you guys, and they aren't racist for having a different view. 

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2008, 02:17:51 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Uh... I don't.  When I see the RE5 trailer, I see a white guy killing a !@#$%-ton of black people.  What does that mean? 

<_< It means you look for that sort of thing when you view trailers. That right there is exactly the point TRM and myself have made o.o The developers didn't intend for it to be racist, but people who look at it and nitpick based on the color of peoples skin turn it into some zealous racism war o.o
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 93 queries.

anything