Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PPages Beta Testing is STILL OPEN  (Read 1844 times)

cpprograms

Banned
PPages Beta Testing is STILL OPEN
« on: June 07, 2008, 09:26:57 am »
Some of you will probably remember a pet project of mine known as Project Pages -- a simple free webhost with a really bad design. Well, it still exists. And a new version is coming. A version people will actually want to use. There are going to be much prettier skins and a lot of new features to boot. It's almost ready for prime time, but I need some serious help testing it. I need to be sure that there are no serious bugs, and the system is very easy to understand for new users.

I am looking for a team of 5 or more people to take a decent chunk of time over the timespan of a week (Starting a week from today -- June 14th) to test out all of the features, and basically do whatever they would do if they intended to actually host a website with the site. It's not an incredibly complex job, but it will help me diffuse some problems with it before I roll it out to the public. The testing will be done in an isolated area away from the main of Project Pages; one that is closed to the public. Anything you post there will be kept there unless you ask me to move it.

Anyone who joins the team and actively tests the site for a decent chunk of time will be offered a free upgrade to a premium account on the site. A premium account currently grants its user 3 major things. The first is no ads. The ads on the site will be replaced with the text of your choosing, (can be blank) and will be labelled with your site's name instead. (Basically a persistant little place to leave messages to your users.) The second is extra pages. The old limit on the number of pages you can host was low, and has gone up already. Premium accounts however can host even more pages. Finally, you will be able to upload more files/images, and bigger files as well.

I am not sure how I intend to price premium accounts, however using them will not be necessary at all. The free hosting option should be more than enough for most people; all features that were there before and then some new ones are coming too. Upgrading to premium will cost very little money too, if people decide they really want the upgraded storage and the such. Do not panic about them; I do not expect them to become very prominent, nor do I expect to make much money at all from them. I simply coded the feature in, and decided I might as well make use of it and give my beta testers some incentive.

If ppages hosting won't cut it for you I can also offer you some storage space and a mysql db if you need it; I have no problem with doing this, just ask me.

UPDATE: I *will* allow people to join the testing late if they are interested! Please just get in contact with me personally and I will tell you where to look. For anyone already signed up, I'll be sending out an email to all of you telling you where it's hosted, what to look for, and what bugs I'm already aware of. I'll compose that very shortly, and you should have it by midnight.

You can get in contact with me personally by sending an email to admin@ppages.org, iming me at cppchriscpp on aim, or heading into the chatroom (#ppages on windfyre.net; you can just use the chat applet on the main site if you'd like)

The main site will be updated one week from saturday. There will be an hour or two of downtime, though it will be around 1 in the morning so it should not affect many people. Afterwards I encourage anyone looking for hosting to give ppages a try. (or a second one; a ton has changed since the first release)

Thanks for your interest, and I hope to hear from some of you soon!

~ Chris
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 02:28:40 am by cpprograms »
  • cpprograms
Re: HALP! (Need beta testers; you will be compen...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 09:43:46 am »
I don't personally have a use for your hosting, but I'm more than happy to do some testing pro-bono.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 06:28:00 pm »
  • Minalien
You know I'm in, and you know your Settings files are my target, because you left that WIDE open the last time I helped with PPages ;)
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

cpprograms

Banned
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 10:35:59 pm »
You're never gonna let that go are you? :P Yeah I know you're in, you're one of the two :p Pikachu/Roland is the other potential, I'm not sure if I actually asked him tho >_> hence the one or two :p

And awesome infini...

It'd be nice if I could get a person or two who haven't done a thing with webdesign before tho... since they're my target audience :p If you're thinking again because of this statement, don't -- It's not like I have a set limit, and more is better :P
  • cpprograms
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 11:32:05 pm »
  • :'O
I'll do it

cpprograms

Banned
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 09:19:31 am »
Just a wee bump to say I could use another tester or two... don't *need* but would like. I wish we still had a forum that I could put this in that showed it was development, rather than putting it in the section for pointless advertising. :(

UPDATE: I *will* allow people to join the testing late if they are interested! Please just get in contact with me personally and I will tell you where to look. For anyone already signed up, I'll be sending out an email to all of you telling you where it's hosted, what to look for, and what bugs I'm already aware of. I'll compose that very shortly, and you should have it by midnight.

You can get in contact with me personally by sending an email to admin@ppages.org, iming me at cppchriscpp on aim, or heading into the chatroom (#ppages on windfyre.net; you can just use the chat applet on the main site if you'd like)

The main site will be updated one week from saturday. There will be an hour or two of downtime, though it will be around 1 in the morning so it should not affect many people. Afterwards I encourage anyone looking for hosting to give ppages a try. (or a second one; a ton has changed since the first release)

Thanks for the interest

~ Chris
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 02:26:09 am by cpprograms »
  • cpprograms
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 49 queries.

anything