Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So I just bought two gamepads for my computer...  (Read 2158 times)

So I just bought two gamepads for my computer...
« on: June 07, 2008, 08:49:04 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
They are all fine and work great.

I see the ad for them, two gamepads for $12, so I say, hey what the hell.

I go and buy them, they look exactly like PS2 controllers (they're even dual-shock), except the button says "1, 2, 3, 4" instead of the shapes.

Anyways, I open it, and I see the cords wrapped together, I untangle them and guess what...

Twin USB Gamepads.

I LOL'D.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
Re: So I just bought two gamepads for my compute...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 08:51:08 pm »
So, both have to be connected via one cord to the pc then?

LOL

Shoulda went with a nice logitech or something like that.
or a 360 controller is a decent gamepad as well.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 08:54:00 pm »
  • :'O
Aaaaahh gay. You see the PS2 controller has the perfect design, thats why everyone imitates it. For instance I have a gamepad that looks exactly like a PS2 controller as well.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 08:58:09 pm »
Aaaaahh gay. You see the PS2 controller has the perfect design, thats why everyone imitates it. For instance I have a gamepad that looks exactly like a PS2 controller as well.
Perfect?  Do you know how much magazines dis the PS2 controller?
!@#$%, the only other controller in the world that was considered worse was the Gamecube controller.
The only reason companies copied it's design was that the PS2 has/had such a huge user base that the PS2 controller is the most recognized and used controller.
Thus, it would be a smart move commercially to copy it to sell.

I have yet to find a controller I enjoy as much as my 360 controller...and it's off-brand at that!
!@#$%, even the PS3 controller needed to be rethought out.  I really felt like I was playing with an ancient concept and design that attempted to copy the 360 controller by making the back triggers actual triggers instead of buttons.

But, to each his own.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 09:13:46 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Oh I don't need anything fancy like a logitech or anything, these work perfectly fine, and I don't mind the whole Twin USB thing at all, especially since there is a good distance between the two. (A long ass cord).

I like all three controllers fine. PSX(PS2), Gamecube, and XBOX1(XBOX 360), though, the black and white buttons I kind of wish were in the L1/R1 area on XBOX1 (I found a controller made by Gamestop like that, I love it.)
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 10:33:19 pm »
  • (b'-')b Jesus Guitar d('-'d)
I have a controller that seems like what you describe. I can retract and extend the USB cord, making it easy to carry around with me.
T H I R T Y - T H R E E   T H R E E

Blog | Myspace | Facebook | Clan LmS
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 11:08:40 pm »
  • odens knop
!@#$%, the only other controller in the world that was considered worse was the Gamecube controller.

I really liked the Gamecube controller.  The only problems I had with it was the small D-pad, the C-stick and the shoulderbuttons.  The analog stick could've had better grip aswell, but it's really comfy IMO.  The 360 controller on the other hand.... *orgazm*
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 12:00:11 am »
  • :3

I really liked the Gamecube controller.  The only problems I had with it was the small D-pad, the C-stick and the shoulderbuttons.  The analog stick could've had better grip aswell, but it's really comfy IMO.  The 360 controller on the other hand.... *orgazm*
See I just don't see how the 360 controller's better than the Gamecube's. It's a great controller, sure, but it just doesn't quite fit as comfily in my hands. But the d-pad and secondary analog stick are definitely more accessible, although the Gamecube's pressure-sensitive L&R buttons are ftw. Mind, when I talk about playing Gamecube, I'm either talking about playing Melee or Metroid Prime. Plus I just don't like the feel of the 360's D-pad.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 12:43:49 am »
  • :D

See I just don't see how the 360 controller's better than the Gamecube's. It's a great controller, sure, but it just doesn't quite fit as comfily in my hands. But the d-pad and secondary analog stick are definitely more accessible, although the Gamecube's pressure-sensitive L&R buttons are ftw. Mind, when I talk about playing Gamecube, I'm either talking about playing Melee or Metroid Prime. Plus I just don't like the feel of the 360's D-pad.
The 360's Dpad is HORRIBLE, but the controller overall > Dreamcast.  The analogs are better (especially the right analog, c-stick sucks).  The 360 controller has pressure-sensitive L&R too :P I like the button layout more than the gamecube controller, not to mention how much I love the bumpers! :D
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 03:44:00 am »
perfect.. man, I can't stand the ps2 controller.

I quite like the original non analogue ps1 controller, other than the dpad it's a nice evolution of the snes pad.
However, I prefer using a GCN controller and usb adapter
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2008, 03:44:31 am »
  • :'O
The only reason companies copied it's design was that the PS2 has/had such a huge user base that the PS2 controller is the most recognized and used controller.

I have yet to find a controller I enjoy as much as my 360 controller...and it's off-brand at that!
!@#$%, even the PS3 controller needed to be rethought out.  I really felt like I was playing with an ancient concept and design that attempted to copy the 360 controller by making the back triggers actual triggers instead of buttons.

But, to each his own.
I don't give a !@#$% what the magazines say it is the one of the best controllers ever. SNES and NES are great but there is very little buttons.

Classic controller however would have to be the best controller ever. There are so many buttons, they are all close, it's small. But you can only use it on the Wii =/

Are there USB adapters for it?
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 03:54:00 am »

But, to each his own.
I don't give a !@#$% what the magazines say it is the one of the best controllers ever. SNES and NES are great but there is very little buttons.

Classic controller however would have to be the best controller ever. There are so many buttons, they are all close, it's small. But you can only use it on the Wii =/

Uh, ever try playing games that required precise movement of the analog?  Every Tiger Woods game was hard as hell with the dumb ass placement of the analogues.  The human thumb swivels in a up-left movement if you hold the controller the "correct" way.  For games like golf or even baseball, you have to hold the controller uncomfortably to get a perfect down to up motion.  The analogues are too close together.

PS2 controllers also break very easily and aren't bite resistant...not that I uh ever bite my controller in frustration over a split second medal decision in the Gran Turismo games *cough*

Anyways, the only "cool" thing that the PS2 controller had(but the PS1 Dual Shock started it) was how it made the L3,R3 buttons.  Even then, racing games pissed me off from having the mirror activators assigned to the L3 button.  Everytime you put pressure on the damn thing, your mirror appears,disappears,appears, and so on.

It was a decent controller for a system that sold millions upon millions...hence the only reason people liked it.
Hell, I like my retro PS2 controller a  ton better.  It was the exact size of a original NES controller with small L and R triggers.  But alas the analogues were crunched in there...lol
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 04:56:17 am »

But, to each his own.

Uh, ever try playing games that required precise movement of the analog?  Every Tiger Woods game was hard as hell with the dumb ass placement of the analogues.  The human thumb swivels in a up-left movement if you hold the controller the "correct" way.  For games like golf or even baseball, you have to hold the controller uncomfortably to get a perfect down to up motion.  The analogues are too close together.

PS2 controllers also break very easily and aren't bite resistant...not that I uh ever bite my controller in frustration over a split second medal decision in the Gran Turismo games *cough*

Anyways, the only "cool" thing that the PS2 controller had(but the PS1 Dual Shock started it) was how it made the L3,R3 buttons.  Even then, racing games pissed me off from having the mirror activators assigned to the L3 button.  Everytime you put pressure on the damn thing, your mirror appears,disappears,appears, and so on.

It was a decent controller for a system that sold millions upon millions...hence the only reason people liked it.
Hell, I like my retro PS2 controller a  ton better.  It was the exact size of a original NES controller with small L and R triggers.  But alas the analogues were crunched in there...lol

Fanboys ITT. Nobody plays Tiger Woods, fact.

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 05:51:22 am »

But, to each his own.

Fanboys ITT. Nobody plays Tiger Woods, fact.

Actually, not fact.
I'm not going to troll you back with bs, Swiftu.
I can tell you that when I was in Basic Training, about half the guys there had played one of the Tiger Woods games from the past 3 years.  Including, guys that were "hardcore" thugs, to the nerds, to even the females.  Just because you may not like a game, Swiftu, doesn't mean the world shuns it.  If EA keeps making them, then OMFG, that must mean they actually sell.  Hell, everytime I go looking for TW for the Wii, no one has it because it sells like hotcakes.

Oh and here is a little snipet that I copied from Amazon.com

Product Details

* Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
    * ASIN: B000P0QIP6
    * Product Dimensions: 1 pounds
    * Media: Video Game
    * Release Date: August 28, 2007
    * Average Customer Review:

45 Reviews
      5 star:    60%     (27)
      4 star:    26%     (12)
      3 star:    6%     (3)
      2 star:    4%     (2)
      1 star:    2%     (1)

See all 45 customer reviews...
      4.4 out of 5 stars 45 customer reviews (45 customer reviews)
    * Amazon.com Sales Rank: #51 in Video Games (See Bestsellers in Video Games)

Popular in this category: (What's this?)
      #1 in     Video Games > Wii > Sports > Golf

Would you like to update product info or give feedback on images?

What's this? #1 Wii game...oh and #51 in video games...damn, must really suck then...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 05:56:08 am by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2008, 05:52:50 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
... I play Tiger Woods.

Actually its the only EA game I'll even bother with <_<;;
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2008, 03:34:00 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Lol guise off-topic.

Locked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 70 queries.

anything