Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda: Oracle of Life (Online) [Going Custom, Locked.]  (Read 32694 times)

Re: Zelda: Oracle of Life (Online) [Re-opened fo...
« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2006, 12:32:28 am »
Re-open for discussion. Solved problem. 3 week delay z0mg.

While the issue was happening, I had time to rest and rethink. I thought of alot of things I did wrong, and how to fix them. Alot of things are being redone, recoded, and alot of the spells have nice particle effects now. Its fun fun fun now to just sit in PVP and say WOW! at the effects.

Also, a new thing that basically no MMO has. When your health is low, your screen has a blur effect, and you hear a strong heartbeat. It makes Clan Matches really intense.

I am going to look for composers and spriters soon. OoL will soon be going custom style, completely. I am changing alot around to get ready for it. Zelda LTTP is just not the right style for the direction the game is going. But, the conversion will not begin until the demo is out :). I want people to play and leave feedback while the new version is in progress.

- Aaron Mercer.
the a o d c
« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2006, 12:35:59 am »
Re-open for discussion. Solved problem. 3 week delay z0mg.

While the issue was happening, I had time to rest and rethink. I thought of alot of things I did wrong, and how to fix them. Alot of things are being redone, recoded, and alot of the spells have nice particle effects now. Its fun fun fun now to just sit in PVP and say WOW! at the effects.

Also, a new thing that basically no MMO has. When your health is low, your screen has a blur effect, and you hear a strong heartbeat. It makes Clan Matches really intense.

I am going to look for composers and spriters soon. OoL will soon be going custom style, completely. I am changing alot around to get ready for it. Zelda LTTP is just not the right style for the direction the game is going. But, the conversion will not begin until the demo is out :). I want people to play and leave feedback while the new version is in progress.

- Aaron Mercer.
WOAH! GREATEST CHOICE YOU COULD EVEER DOO!!
Nice, I would love to help as an assistant in the spriting part, but I don't want to define the style, just help to contribute to it, I recommend try to use similar graphics to lttp, but like in size not in colours, so you can still use the maps you have :P
« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2006, 03:09:48 am »
Well, if we do find a style (I want to stear away from LTTP :/) I'll be sure to give you a buzz. I know your skills as a spriter are amazing. I was loking for a style close to Wanderlust's (www.wanderlustgame.com).
the a o d c
« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2006, 08:42:46 am »
  • puck you
I'm thinking about writing and making a comic out of a extended storyline focused on certain characters based on Oracle of Life's context, but I haven't consulted my team about this, also, the artworks are coming great, ask AoDC!
:D
My good sir, in the immortal words of the late Mr. Wrong: STFU.
« Reply #184 on: November 24, 2006, 02:46:03 pm »
Sounds like it's gonna pwn :DD

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #185 on: November 25, 2006, 05:23:06 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
Im so excited for the new realease!!!
« Reply #186 on: November 25, 2006, 09:43:14 am »
Your mmorpg was so special because it was a Zelda mmorpg. Now you dropped the Zelda them it ain't so special anymore. Because I have seen alot custom mmorpg's and they all pwn ool in every single way.
« Reply #187 on: November 25, 2006, 10:39:26 am »
  • puck you
LTTP?... Forgive me for my pig-ignorance, but what is this LTTP?  :-X

Oh, Hyrule_boy, I feel that if we follow too much of a Zelda theme, it would be restricting our choices and possibilities too much, so it had to come to this.
But still, it will be somewhat like... Zelda-environment.
« Reply #188 on: November 25, 2006, 01:23:24 pm »
LTTP?... Forgive me for my pig-ignorance, but what is this LTTP?  :-X

Oh, Hyrule_boy, I feel that if we follow too much of a Zelda theme, it would be restricting our choices and possibilities too much, so it had to come to this.
But still, it will be somewhat like... Zelda-environment.
Link to the Past (Zelda SNES).

And yea, what ^ said.
the a o d c
« Reply #189 on: November 25, 2006, 02:24:46 pm »
Your mmorpg was so special because it was a Zelda mmorpg. Now you dropped the Zelda them it ain't so special anymore. Because I have seen alot custom mmorpg's and they all pwn ool in every single way.
to be honest, i never really sensed much of a zelda feel to begin with, apart from it using lttp graphics.
summoners? priests? non-zelda styled hud?
« Reply #190 on: November 25, 2006, 11:21:49 pm »
to be honest, i never really sensed much of a zelda feel to begin with, apart from it using lttp graphics.
Its true! Its all true! *cries*
the a o d c
« Reply #191 on: November 25, 2006, 11:57:23 pm »
Rofl, well hmm I saw the graphics that you said you wanted to change, well those tiles if im not wrong are RpgMaker Default set.

And yeah it wasn't to zelda styled game, I think it is imposible to create a zelda game that keeps the feeling of zelda.
« Reply #192 on: November 26, 2006, 12:08:08 am »
Rofl, well hmm I saw the graphics that you said you wanted to change, well those tiles if im not wrong are RpgMaker Default set.

And yeah it wasn't to zelda styled game, I think it is imposible to create a zelda game that keeps the feeling of zelda.
Im pretty sure you are wrong. Ill check though.

Edit: They are not.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 12:09:46 am by AoDC »
the a o d c
Re: Zelda: Oracle of Life (Online) [Need a Compo...
« Reply #193 on: November 27, 2006, 10:43:11 pm »
Spriting [0%] - The new style for Oracle of Life. Spriters: Halotank, ZoraFan and Kren.
=o 0%!!! <,< Hah! after you see my tiles Im sure that will turn a 10% >=d
« Reply #194 on: November 28, 2006, 12:37:40 am »
Maybe... XD Very nice tiles. Ill keep em secret :P
the a o d c
« Reply #195 on: November 28, 2006, 12:58:12 am »
Gib tiles Kren.

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #196 on: November 29, 2006, 07:22:05 am »
  • puck you
This game will be delayed for so long... Probably will be out during the X-Mas Holidays, even then, maybe :(
« Reply #197 on: November 29, 2006, 09:58:55 am »
This game will be delayed for so long... Probably will be out during the X-Mas Holidays, even then, maybe :(
Fans can expect a small test for the new engine and graphics for XMas.
the a o d c
« Reply #198 on: November 30, 2006, 12:55:20 pm »
Do I get an earlier test? xD
« Reply #199 on: November 30, 2006, 10:45:03 pm »
Do I get an earlier test? xD
Nothing has even been programmed yet. I did some 39dll tests yesterday. Im switching from SOC 3.1 to 39dll 2, its faster and does more. One small map with nothing but trees, one class, and some small test stuff.
the a o d c
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 77 queries.