Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paranoia Agent *contains final episode spoilers*  (Read 1298 times)

Paranoia Agent *contains final episode spoilers*
« on: October 20, 2007, 04:20:02 am »
  • Protecting Hyrule from the forces of Darkness!
Its a good show, it was on Adult Swim for a while and recently went through its final episode conveniently titled "Final Episode."
I really didn't understand he main story too well but it was still good, not great like Bleach but good.

Three things I can't understand even a bit is the opening/ending sequences and the end of the final episode.
In the Opening: Why are they all laughing? Why are some people laughing in weird places, like underwater, mount Everest, the moon?
In the Closing: Why are they all sleeping and the ending credits? The appear to have just drop over suddenly for no reason.
In the Final Episode: How could some girl cause a giant demon blob (called "Little Slugger") to appear when she lied about how her dog died.
In the Final Episode: Why is some scientist writing a huge equation and what is he freaking out about?
My screenname is pronounced:
Zen-ta-wo-cot-ious the L is silent.
Visit Parnell Games
Quote from: MaJoRa
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
Quote from: Zentawolcotious
Live today as if its your last.
Re: Paranoia Agent *contains final episode spoil...
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 04:27:34 am »
wait, you really didn't understand the ending? You know, the ENTIRE MESSAGE OF THE SHOW! The idea is about what happens when you lie: sometimes that lie can become something huge and out of control, something fueled by guilt. Little Slugger is a symbol for escape. Some people just need to escape from their problems. And then comes Little Slugger, oh so conveniently. The truth is there never was any Little Slugger. Everyone lied. They lied to escape their problems. Just like the main character lied about her dog dying. Her lie became everyone's lie; their excuse. And it all got out of control, and before they knew it their lies started to consume everything. Only by telling the truth could it all be made right. And that's the message, the central theme of Paranoia Agent. The fact that you didn't understand that both explains why you didn't find it to be a great show and why you consider Bleach to be a great show.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 04:30:53 am by InvaderLupus »

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 04:38:52 am »
  • Protecting Hyrule from the forces of Darkness!
The fact that you didn't understand that both explains why you didn't find it to be a great show and why you consider Bleach to be a great show.
Attacking my preference to watch Bleach over this show has no merit in this discussion.
Anyway thanks for explaining it makes sense. What about the scientist writing on the floor? Or the opening/ending?

« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 04:40:36 am by Zentawolcotious »
My screenname is pronounced:
Zen-ta-wo-cot-ious the L is silent.
Visit Parnell Games
Quote from: MaJoRa
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
Quote from: Zentawolcotious
Live today as if its your last.
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 04:45:59 am »
The opening and ending sequences are quite abstract and I haven't really spent too much time analyzing them. I can only imagine that the opening sequence exemplifies the bliss they feel after being liberated by Littler Slugger, their imaginary alibi. The closing sequence is even more complicated. A few elements to note:

1) They're all sleeping very peacefully.
2) They're all surrounding a giant version of that pink dog.
3) They seem to be in the formation of a question mark.

I'm sure these are all significant, and I highly suggest you think about them as well as the role that dog played throughout the whole show, but it's been a long time since I've watched the show and I need to get up early tomorrow, so I'm not going to spend the whole time thinking it through.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 02:43:26 am »
  • 笑い男
The fact that you didn't understand that both explains why you didn't find it to be a great show and why you consider Bleach to be a great show.
Attacking my preference to watch Bleach over this show has no merit in this discussion.
Anyway thanks for explaining it makes sense. What about the scientist writing on the floor? Or the opening/ending?
It's just that there are MANY people that watch stereotypically bad anime and love them and then either never watch anything good/don't fully experience it properly/understand it :/

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 05:45:30 am »
It's just that there are MANY people that watch stereotypically bad anime and love them and then either never watch anything good/don't fully experience it properly/understand it :/

that's actually exactly what I was getting at. I used to be sort of the same way. Then I watched Evangelion, and was changed forever.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 09:17:44 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

that's actually exactly what I was getting at. I used to be sort of the same way. Then I watched Evangelion, and was changed forever.

lol Eva did that for you too? :P then again tho <_< I watched Eva back in 95 long before it was syndicated here... BUT! lol... theres great animes out there, and it really blows when people idolize rather mediocre anime's... (*cough* Naruto! Its a good show, dont get me wrong... but it is not worth all the hype O_O... If you want a good Shonen Jump based anime, watch Death Note). MY OPINION! If an anime is over 26 episodes long, it aint' worth watchin' lol because typically, they drag on too much, and they lose their substance
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 05:57:14 pm »
  • 笑い男
Well, basing how good something is on how long it is just like doesn't seem to make much sense, BUT, when it's continuous like naruto, bleach, one piece, dragon ball whatever, then yeah, it's much more like "we'll milk this for all we can, story and everything comes second. we'll jsut stick in whatever as we go along" :/

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 09:46:13 pm »
Well, basing how good something is on how long it is just like doesn't seem to make much sense, BUT, when it's continuous like naruto, bleach, one piece, dragon ball whatever, then yeah, it's much more like "we'll milk this for all we can, story and everything comes second. we'll jsut stick in whatever as we go along" :/

I can understand why he does it though, because I feel the same way. Often times, shows that are 26 episodes or less are shows that tend to focus more on storytelling and character development than longer shows. Special attention is paid to each episode, and each episode is important to the story. They typically have a lot more depth and effort in them. Shows that are longer usually just thrive on their fanbase, and keep making episodes for more money. They're not as interesting, the characters usually stay exactly the same, and they just aren't as good. They're made for money more than anything else.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 05:23:59 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
lol yeah; dont get me wrong, I still watch anime with more then 26 episodes, and from time to time, I love em lol (like Ah! Megamisama: Everyone has Wings", Dragon Ball... <_< but only when the sagas actually get somewhere... etc)... but most typically, theyre lame... poorly syndicated... loss of plot or lack of plot... etc
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 12:32:08 pm »
  • 笑い男
Yeah, but i think it's more of, if it's planned from the start, the whole lot, story, every ep etc like InvaderLupus said, then that's what's important, because there still are quite a lot of incredable animes around the 52 ep mark (gundam seed (what?! a gundam anime? man I never thought a gundam anime could do such things :x), full metal alchemist, eureka 7 to name a few popualar ones i've seen), but yeah, one's that just continue up to how ever many eps just for the sake of airing them as much as possible instead of following a planned out story are the culrpits >:(

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 91 queries.

anything