Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Submission] Jimi's Sidequest  (Read 4206 times)

[Submission] Jimi's Sidequest
« on: December 01, 2012, 02:01:23 am »
  • It's the grineer
First possible encounter with Jimi: before completing the Forest Temple. Link can go and talk to Jimi in the poor side, while seeing Jimi with an afro hair-cut and playing the guitar.

Second possible encounter: after Forest Temple's completion, Jimi will move to the Musical Triforce, where he was hired by the owner, as well as marrying his daughter. After this, Jimi will request Link to search for Musicians. Link can find them scattered all around the world. One of them, at least, will be just available after completing the Lake Hylia Temple. However, Link can still search for the others.

On this sidequest, Link'll travel all across the land searching for the musicians, who would look like normal NPC. After getting the musicians to play on the restaurant, Link can play the wooden ocarina given by Jimi with the musicians. After this, Jimi will present Link with a Heart Piece.
Re: [Submission] Jimi's Sidequest
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 07:20:04 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Well, as we've discussed this sidequest before, I think it's pretty much understood that the idea is basically accepted, we've just gotta work out the details.

Something I still don't understand is why the player isn't allow to know about this quest until after the forest temple. This seems like it would make it less likely that they would hear about it at all, because they'd go into the musical triforce once before the forest temple maybe, then they might not go back in after because they've already seen what's in there. Why not have it like this:

During the day, Jimi plays in the street on the poor side. If Link talks to him at any point, he'll tell Link he works at the Musical Triforce, but he thinks his sound would be better if he were backed up by a four or five piece band. You can't talk to Jimi at night because he's busy playing guitar.
Then, throughout the overworld, will be four or five musicians, perhaps one in Hyrule field, a Zora guitarist at lake Hylia, a Goron musician on the mountain, etc.
If you haven't talked to Jimi, they'll just say that they play their instrument and would like to be in a band, or that they're thinking of moving to Hyrule town for music opportunities. But after you've talked to Jimi, they'll be like "I wish I could be in a band... What? They're looking for musicians in Hyrule town? Awesome, I'll go", or something like that.

This way, the purpose of the restriction you're imposing of Jimi not talking to Link about the band until after lake Hylia, that Link can't complete the sidequest until later in the game, is accomplished by the location of the traveling musicians, you can't complete it until you can gain access to where they're located.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 01:29:09 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Something I still don't understand is why the player isn't allow to know about this quest until after the forest temple. This seems like it would make it less likely that they would hear about it at all, because they'd go into the musical triforce once before the forest temple maybe, then they might not go back in after because they've already seen what's in there. Why not have it like this:

During the day, Jimi plays in the street on the poor side. If Link talks to him at any point, he'll tell Link he works at the Musical Triforce, but he thinks his sound would be better if he were backed up by a four or five piece band. You can't talk to Jimi at night because he's busy playing guitar.
Then, throughout the overworld, will be four or five musicians, perhaps one in Hyrule field, a Zora guitarist at lake Hylia, a Goron musician on the mountain, etc.
If you haven't talked to Jimi, they'll just say that they play their instrument and would like to be in a band, or that they're thinking of moving to Hyrule town for music opportunities. But after you've talked to Jimi, they'll be like "I wish I could be in a band... What? They're looking for musicians in Hyrule town? Awesome, I'll go", or something like that.

Before the Forest Temple's completion, the Musical Triforce will still be closed, and there'll be a sign on the door that says: "Musical Triforce on construction. Come back later". I like it this way, because the player will say "Oh, a building in construction. I'll come back when it's open". Why this? Because it gives the player time to go and talk to Jimi before entering the Musical Triforce.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 07:28:05 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Well, if it's completely necessary to talk to Jimi before entering the musical triforce, then a closed come back later sign is a great was to do it. However, what I'm trying to understand isn't why LINK doesn't go into the musical triforce, but rather why the PLAYER isn't allowed to go in there before talking to Jimi. I am just trying to figure out the gameplay rationale, not necessarily the in-game plot wise justification for the way the player is directed. Am I being confusing? :/
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 07:46:19 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Well, if it's completely necessary to talk to Jimi before entering the musical triforce, then a closed come back later sign is a great was to do it. However, what I'm trying to understand isn't why LINK doesn't go into the musical triforce, but rather why the PLAYER isn't allowed to go in there before talking to Jimi. I am just trying to figure out the gameplay rationale, not necessarily the in-game plot wise justification for the way the player is directed. Am I being confusing? :/

Oh, you meant that. Sorry, I missunderstood  XD. Link can go, however, Jimi'll look totally different, so Link won't recognise him, and Link won't be able to go and talk him, because the guys that work on the bar will tell Link that he can't. However, once Link has talked to Jimi, Jimi will make an exception to let Link go and talk with him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 47 queries.

anything