Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda- Four Kings (side story cutscene added)  (Read 4654 times)

Legend of Zelda- Four Kings (side story cutscene...
« on: July 01, 2014, 12:22:16 pm »
  • https://soundcloud.com/billy-no-talent
November 4th, 2015
Today I went a year into the future.
The game turned out awesome you guys.
More updates soon.

AUGUST 18th 2014 UPDATE

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of action around here from me. Still working on the game, had to redo a lot of events
that didn't agree with others. I hope to have a demo in the near future. It seems I have one finished, and it has that
"not quite a zelda game" feel. But, it's coming together, and my main concern is that when people finally get to play
the entire game, you'll forget that it's a fan game, and enjoy the many different things the game has to offer. The story
is a main concern, and how it flows with the characters. I also want to stray away from the classic order of zelda games.
My vision is that after you leave the first town with everything you need to explore, there will be different stories you
can complete in any order, if at all, to learn more about the world, the time, and the circumstances.
One thing i've been working hard on is the class system. You can be hired by certain NPC's, to do tasks at any time,
such as Miner, Wood cutter, Fisherman, Master crafter, etc. Also, Warrior, Treasure Hunter, Theif, Ninja, etc. The combat jobs will have to be earned after you prove you are a fit for that class. Different NPC's will ask to join you to help battle,
depending on both your and their class. For a 2D classic style RPG, there are a lot of things going on, but again, my main concern is that this game feels right, and feels like it is a part of the world of zelda. More to come soon!

UPDATE for 7/19/14

Haven't been working on this in the passed week cause i've been having a killer tooth ache.
Came up with a lot of ideas though, including a farming system, mini games, and I'm hoping
to set up a job class. Also need to figure out what i'm going to do about the story. It doesn't
make as much sense as it did when I first came up with it, because I added so many parts. I'm
going to work on a second draft on my phone tonight and implement it.

-Farming-
You will be able to grow certain products in designated farming locations. You will have to rent
land from Farming Gurus, and plant seeds. Other designated locations will be provided for Spring
water, to fill an empty bucket and water the seeds. (i'd like to make a timer so the seeds take
a small amount of time before they grow.) Farming can either be used to sell product, or to use it
on yourself for things such as strength boost, or speed boost. (maybe, not sure how to make events
like that yet, but i'll work on it.)

-Mining-
Designated areas will provide certain rocks you can mine with a pick axe, provided you've rented one
from, you guessed it, a Mining Guru. Instead of renting the space like farming, you will have to buy a license
to mine. If you are level 1, you can only mine certain types of rocks, the higher level you get, the higher
level license youll be able to buy. The ore you collect from mining can be sold to any Black Smith, in any
of the 4 villages. You will also be able to gain respect from other miners, which will allow you to gain higher
ranks and do more profitable quests.

Farming and Mining for the most part are just going to be an added part of the game, for money, because
in most Zelda games, money isn't hard to acquire, and isn't important. Some NPC's won't help you unless you
pay them, there will be many things to buy, and upgrading weapons will get expensive.

Although there will be the 4 Dungeons to complete the game, there will also be side quest dungeons to find
weapons, keys, something that will allow you to advance. The order of the game so far is North, then West,
then East, and then the South. After the statues are activated, and you can teleport to Koholint Island, you
will also unlock another region in the original map, the teleport will be somewhere around the vicinity you start
on the Island.

That's all I have for now, going to start working on it tomorrow night when i'm home. Thanks for reading!

Update for July 11th, 2014

Going to finish up one more cutscene i'm adding to the very beginning of the game, so when you
start the demo, you'll have an idea of what's going on and what's to come. Then, I will be
working out the demo to be downloaded, where you will be able to complete three small tasks in the
first village, and complete the first dungeon. The end of the demo will be another important cutscene
followed by that's-it-so-far message. Should have it up by tonight, just want to fix a few maps, and
check the NPC dialog for typos or changed stories. back to work.
Update for July 10th, 2014
I've gotten some inspiration to write, so I started planning out parts of the story that I haven't
even begun to add to the game. The story is coming together for me more and more every day,
and will soon make perfect sense and be insanely awesome. Here's a video of a short cutscene I
made last night, more to come when I gather more parts of the story. Check it out and let me know
what you think!

Link to "The Unseen Ruler" Cutscene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJh9NxQZuV0&feature=youtu.be

Update for July 9th, 2014

Things are coming together pretty well at this point. A lot of ideas are being implemented
and I am working on a demo, I promise! I need to make the decision of having a sword system
in play, or going full rpg, which would be easier, but different. I'd like to know how some people feel
about looking at this game as if it were a final fantasy game, but with the story and characters of
the legend of zelda. I'd have the typical mobs from zelda running around like normal, but if they
approach you, you'd enter a battle just like in a final fantasy game, and gain exp like an rpg. I know
that some zelda fans aren't final fantasy fans, and vice versa, but I really think it would work out better
and actually turn into a completely finished game if i did it with the classic rpg engine instead of spending
probably months working out animations and events for just one weapon. Again, the whole reason I started
making this game was to create a good story, and for players to want to find out more about the characters
and the legend of this particular game, and how it correlates to previous zelda titles, rather than intuitive game-play
and continuity. If you feel you have any input, good or bad, please post and let me know. No feelings will be hurt
in lieu of the truth, because i'm making this for the love of videogames and creativity. thanks for reading!

VIDEO UPDATE for July 8th, 2014
Haven't been able to sit down and get anything done, until the passed half hour, so I made a short video of
what I have for the south so far. There's gonna be a lot of story revealed and some cutscenes. This region
is basically twards the end but you go there for a short time to save someone from someone else doing something
they shouldn't be doing. anyway, here it is:

========Southern Region: Thorne Update story and short cutscene==========

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VevgnXL7I88&feature=youtu.be

this is the video before i added everything..watch if you want
***  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6LvwR7rEqY&feature=youtu.be ***

p.s. the tiles aren't finished for the southern region, so it may seem a bit plain and unfinished. it is and it is.
more updates soon!

Update for July 6th, 2014

Currently working on the sword animations. Takes a while to get everything perfect, but I hope
to have it working for the demo. I've never been able to get it exactly like zelda games, but this time
i'm going to try. I know there's a lot more to do event wise, but the basic animation will be done. As for
now, I have the sword working with enemies, they don't take or deal damage, the animation just shows
depending on what direction you are facing. I'd like to get the sword working where ever you are, for
bushes and grass, but i'm not sure how, and i know it'll take a long time. If anyone knows how to do
a basic sword engine and has time to help, i'd appreciate it. thanks for reading!

**** Update July 4th****
Finished West Area including The Armory, and the Caverns. Started Eastern Region (the past)
changed some colors of tiles, and added time travel event with animation. Working on new sprites/characters/
animations for the weekend.

The timeline of the game is, starting in the northern region, beating all four dungeons in each region.
traveling to forbidden region , defeating the moblin king in the present, and traveling to Koholint in the past
and trapping the moblin king inside the giant egg.

I'm also adding a "Supplies" system, pretty much like collecting things in minecraft, but you don't build things
you can sell the supplies to merchants (red guards)

*** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeBMuAbRr-s&feature=youtu.be   ***

>>>>Here's a video demo of the eastern region which you have to go to the past to access. Then it goes to
the western region and a short cutscene of the king a some soldiers. I realized while making the video how many
errors in text there are, so my bad on that. I'tll get fixed lol. Also, some caves take you from entrance to exit
instead of actually going through a cave. That'll be fixed soon too, when i add the inside for each house.

**** UPDATE JULY 3rd, 2014****
     I'm going to have a playable demo up tonight hopefully, but i'm not sure who uses rm2k3 cause
most of you are actually able to use harder and more sophisticated programs, but if you want to download
my demo and check it out, you're more than welcome. This definitely isn't as good a game as some of the others
ive seen, like the Ocarina of Time 2D game, which seems to be professionally made, but this is to focus on the story
link, and explore the land of classic 2D zelda games. At the moment there are no monsters to kill, you can't be killed,
but I hope to have a mini game available, where you enter a cave, and have to reach the end before getting touched by
an Undead Moblin. I've made a few before for fun, and people loved them cause of the simplicity.
In the demo, you'll be able to aquire a few weapons for maneuvering the land, explore the first dungeon, make your
way by boat to the next area, and then to the west, for a new cutscene and a little more of the story explained.

Update July 1st, 2014 (start of project)

>>>AREAS<<<

North: A sunny mountain region, the original birthplace of any and all magic found in the land.
West: A snowy, frigid region, caverns throughout, many weapons sold and upgraded here
East: Only accessible in the past. Village of the great waterfalls
South: Always night, only dark magic can be used here, gateway to Forbidden Region, where moblins live and come from
Koholint Island: Only accessible through portals.
(All areas are connected to the 2 mainland maps. Sections of Koholint can be accessed through portals)

Since I'm not much of a coder, I don't have the sword system in play yet, but I plan on re-learning what I used to
know about it, and much more.
Although, this will be somewhat of an RPG, because although i love the game play of zelda, I always thought
experience from fighting monsters was neccesary in adventure games, so you could get stronger based on how much you
fight and train. I also want to incorporate an upgrade system for weapons.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Legend of Zelda-Four Kings ((INTRO CUTSCENE))
-just a bit of story in the beginning cutscene to get an idea of what's going on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJY_KW4yIYo&feature=youtu.be

DEMO 1- Playthrough of intro and first dungeon (still work in progress, very minimal)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmKucW4F7Lw&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 10:41:34 pm by hollowday »

CheerfulSage

Sage of Chairs
Re: *The Legend of Zelda- Four Kings* ==video de...
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 04:33:15 am »
This is creative and well-done so far! Keep everyone posted! XD
Re: *The Legend of Zelda- Four Kings* ==video de...
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 01:31:25 pm »
Thanks, will do! Currently working on an intro, and a Quest Log for complete/incomplete quests. I'll have a new video of those updates soon.

CheerfulSage

Sage of Chairs
Re: *The Legend of Zelda- Four Kings* ==INTRO CU...
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 06:26:18 pm »
Of course, and great! What do you have in mind for music?
Re: *The Legend of Zelda- Four Kings* ==INTRO CU...
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 07:28:49 pm »
I'm thinking of sticking to the original gameboy tracks, using dx, ages and seasons songs. I'm going to test others
just to see how they feel but that's definitely being added soon. I'm about to start working on the sword system,
because there's a place in the game that allows upgrades of swords and armor, and i'd like to have a few animations done
and a few different tunic options.

CheerfulSage

Sage of Chairs
Re: *The Legend of Zelda- Four Kings* INDEPENDEN...
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 07:30:48 am »
The update video is great. I always like snow worlds! XD At this speed that you are working, Four Kings will have a demo in no time. ;)

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
Re: *The Legend of Zelda- Four Kings* INDEPENDEN...
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 03:58:05 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Looking good, keep it up!
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
Re: Legend of Zelda- Four Kings (side story cuts...
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 01:28:10 am »
I never seen this before. Now that I have, I am impressed. This one needs to continue.
Games that I support:

Forums that I am a member of:

CheerfulSage

Sage of Chairs
Re: Legend of Zelda- Four Kings (side story cuts...
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 09:41:17 am »
Farming and mining? These are some great new ideas to bring to the Zelda franchise! Maybe you should post replies to this topic more often so it would be easier for fans to stay up-to-date? Sorry to hear about your toothache.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 52 queries.