Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 52   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is dead - long live The Shadowgazer!  (Read 386471 times)

Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer (2/9/20...
« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2006, 11:55:53 pm »
This game's sprites are amazing, so is the game's engine, I also like all the snapshots of the night system and the first dungeon! The only thing I would say to change is maybe the moving speed of Link. It felt a bit slow compared to Minish Cap. And my game was playing super smooth, so it's not my computer. :P
  • RPG Empire
« Reply #121 on: September 07, 2006, 01:04:10 am »
What I'm pretty impressed with is the collision - you've seem to got it correct for the most part. What I am more impressed with is detail. Everything is tiled correctly - the way the tree shakes, or the sprites, or how the shadow sticks in the right place, or how the rain is smooth. These things. It's the details I like. Not the engine - ecause the engine isn't so spectacular, but rather how you implement it.
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2006, 11:45:48 am »
There's already a tech demo. Mob's probably gonna release a full demo in a month or something around that. The 1st demo will go as far as Dragon Roost Island was on Wind Waker, around the same amount of gameplay time, he says. That's 20-30mins gameplay, so I don't really care how long it takes... me wants that demo!!
Whoa there! It certainly won't be ready one month from now! I was thinking more like one year! There's an absolute ton of stuff still to do for the demo, and I was/am working toward getting it all done by the next z3 - assuming that occurs on a similar date next year... Sorry to disappoint, but it's a long way off yet, mate. Thanks for your continued support though. That goes for everyone.  ;D

And I would be very surprised if you could even speed-run that much of WW in 20-30 minutes!  :o
That portion of the game is pretty lengthy... Maybe you're overlooking some stuff. There's a fair bit of running about on Outset, the journey on Tetra's ship, all the sneaking around in the Forsaken Fortress, exploring Windfall, sailing to Dragon Roost island, getting into the dungeon, and then actually completing it... Nah, that takes longer than half an hour, particularly if you're doing it for the first time.
But I think it's a good like-for-like comparison: there will be a couple of villages to explore, a mini-dungeon like the Forsaken Fortress, some travelling... It's fair to say there will be a lot to see and do before you get into the first proper keys 'n' boss dungeon. On your first time through, exploring everywhere and talking to everyone, my best estimate says it'll be more like an hour's gameplay. I want to release something substantial, not little bits here and there, and something that's genuinely representative of the finished game.

Edit:
Freakish coincidence - The Hylia today posted the first part of a WW speed-run, and it takes 22 mins to leave Outset for the first time...  :D

Oh, doh, forgot about the Forsaken Fortress. And Windfall... there's so much to do on Windfall... that's defintely OVER 1 hour, or 1 and a half hours...

Obviously that'll take longer... sorry, man :P.
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2006, 03:03:50 pm »
Wow just started to pay attention to this and boy am I impressed. Very nintendo-ish so much like how nintendo would do it, only prblem is that incase yo havent noticed only the early games and TP have people titles you should have an item title, something that lets you enter the dreams, unless the shadowgazer is an item. Also in most Zelda games there is somesort of transformation, fairy human, hylian bunny, the different masks of MM, big small, young teen, Hylian Wolf, so maybe Link takes on a certain form when he enters dreams?

ttimebomb

« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2006, 06:31:33 pm »
This is so cool!!!!

But i was really disapointed when i could not ride the horse in the demo.... :( oh well...

I cant wait till the full version comes out of you're game! It's really cool! ;D
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2006, 07:54:33 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
I also like the details that are put into this! And the graphics are amazing! Seriously, can't wait to see more from this ^_^

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2006, 10:42:45 am »
  • A little Alive
Wow the game is really becoming very nice!. cant wait for the next demo.
Verz nice job keep going :D
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer (2/10/2...
« Reply #127 on: October 02, 2006, 02:20:09 pm »
Quick update: started spriting/tiling the starting area, Kakariko Village. Lot of work to be done there, but as it's where the game begins, it make sense to get it done first. Basing them on the houses from Minish Cap but adding custom roofs which will enable me to extend the houses to any size.
Also doing a lot of conceptual drawings, so I thought I'd show you some stuff from my sketchbook. As always, the best stuff is under wraps but it'll give you some idea of how I work.  :D

Wow just started to pay attention to this and boy am I impressed. Very nintendo-ish so much like how nintendo would do it, only prblem is that incase yo havent noticed only the early games and TP have people titles you should have an item title, something that lets you enter the dreams, unless the shadowgazer is an item. Also in most Zelda games there is somesort of transformation, fairy human, hylian bunny, the different masks of MM, big small, young teen, Hylian Wolf, so maybe Link takes on a certain form when he enters dreams?
There's no transformation in this game, no. But I can confirm that the Shadowgazer is an item - it's the thing in my avatar - but to complicate matters, it's also a person...  ;)
« Reply #128 on: October 02, 2006, 02:33:52 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Wow, looks very nice! Awesome drawings

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #129 on: October 02, 2006, 02:35:47 pm »
nice work, good to see someone else doing concept sketches first  :)
« Reply #130 on: October 02, 2006, 02:40:13 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
OMFG! Dude, now that I see it, you really master game designing, doing sketches and basic the sprites off of them is the correct way of doing it! I mean wow, that palm tree is just wow! (eventhough it's not finished, as I can see the brown part lacks some shading).

For other fellow developers, this is the way to go, just look at Ark 22 made by Srehpog, it has tons of pages dedicated to concept art and tiling, which were then used in the actual game, the background part of the game is essential.

Anyhow, having these qualities, I must await a pixel perfect, non-glitched, and just a plain Nintendo-like quality (if not better, seeing how I loathed LTTP's walking engine >_>), from you :D

Just keep up the good work, I really hope to see this game at the next z3!
« Reply #131 on: October 02, 2006, 03:16:49 pm »
  • PWNED
this game looks super sexy and i hope you dont plan to make it so long that you dont finish it.
and if you ever finish this ill like suck your DICK or something >_>.

oh by the way the sketches look awesome and so do the sprites.

SPIRITPROJECT.TK ACTIVE FORUM FOR ANIME AND GAMING!
  • Hotpiebob
« Reply #132 on: October 02, 2006, 07:18:28 pm »
I like the way you edit the topic title with the date of the latest update and what is included in it - it is useful and helps people keep track of the game.

Anyway, I'll be watching this very closely. The design is really important, and I'm glad to see you've been doing that.

Keeps looking better and better.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #133 on: October 02, 2006, 07:21:11 pm »
GODSMACKED! That is awesome!
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #134 on: October 02, 2006, 11:03:05 pm »
Best Zora I've seen, same for the lizalfos, too bad you did em in MC style. ;D

But the lizalfos looks kinda like he's smiling.

You are going around the sprites like me, but a little different, I do, realistic, cartoony but realistic position, sprite drawn out, sprite :D.  Yea for concept art! ;D :dancin:
« Reply #135 on: October 02, 2006, 11:21:54 pm »
I love this project.  For me, I am sold on the artwork alone, and the game itself is very well done also.  Maybe someday you can turn that talent into a true profession.  Well until then, but seriously, this project is very good and I hope that the community gives it the respect it deserves.
« Reply #136 on: October 04, 2006, 03:56:34 am »
In my never ending quest to find something wrong with this game, I've finally done it - speed. Nothing big, but when Link is moving diagonally, the speed in the direction he isn't facing should be diminished. For example, if Link is moving up right and facing up, he should move up at normal speed, and his speed to the right should be lessened. This isn't a huge deal, but it is something I feel really makes the whole movement smoother and have that Zelda "feel" - otherwise it seems to generic and jerky, and it makes sense if you think about it.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #137 on: October 04, 2006, 09:49:27 am »
  • .越//
nice sketches... i see it very often, good sprites = conpet arts before that... sadly that i cant draw very nice T_T

well i'm looking forward to the deku baba as a sprite...

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #138 on: October 04, 2006, 11:01:08 am »
Yes, very nice "Conpet" art (I pick on people's spelling, yue, I cannot help it :().
Anyway, very well done, it looks absoloutely amazing, this game is up there with Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass. Seriously.
If you cancel the game, I will hunt you down and throttle you in your sleep, then throw your dead body into an incinerator and... oops, sorry. Didn't mean to ramble on like that ;D!
« Reply #139 on: October 04, 2006, 12:26:40 pm »
  • :3
wow i realy like that concept art
  • daniel-kun
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 52   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 74 queries.