Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 52   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is dead - long live The Shadowgazer!  (Read 386724 times)

Re: [Demo] The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer ...
« Reply #320 on: April 11, 2007, 03:20:16 am »
Half awake/asleep is awesome. Like you are able to be in both worlds at once. You can see a shadow of the dream world in the wake world or something.
« Reply #321 on: April 11, 2007, 06:18:53 am »
I like that idea. it would be really interesting having to fight a boss that way, and not the usual use-an-item-on-the-gem idea (or similar). mabye he could just fade into the dreamworld after a certain amount of time, and if he gets hit in the real world it would bring him back from the dream. link's shadow, in the real world, could be sleeping (the boss has a shadow of itself too), and he dreams of the boss without armour (or something like that), as an easier way to destroy it. anyway I like that idea, ds the not so brave and bboy. now to see if KM likes it.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #322 on: April 14, 2007, 05:21:26 pm »
That's what I thought Bboy mean, blue_chu_Jelly. It'd get annoying.
But yeah, maybe half-awake half-asleep split screen could work, or a boss that can travel from world to world, though that'd be a tad smelly.
« Reply #323 on: April 14, 2007, 07:27:07 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Nice screens.  I'm going to have to try this demo out.  I look forward to the z3 booth. :)
« Reply #324 on: April 16, 2007, 10:13:00 am »
post some new screens or something KM

or something :P
« Reply #325 on: April 16, 2007, 12:10:05 pm »
Yes, please do.
« Reply #326 on: April 16, 2007, 01:04:26 pm »
New stuff coming soon, I promise! I'm working like crazy to finish spriting and tiling the last area of the z3 demo, with a vague deadline of mid-May (is it still planned for May 13th? Anyone know?) and if I don't get it done and have to take it out, some of what goes earlier won't make sense. So that's my priority. Not panicking just yet, but I desperately want to get everything I've planned finished in time. Plus I'm ironing out any rough edges, trying to make every last detail look perfect.

And .TakaM - before the weekend, I give you my word. ;)

What an interesting idea... The boss, if you made a dungeon, could have Link travel back and forth, pushing the boss out of the Dream World in order to even hurt it. Then Link would beat it up until it got back to the dream world. Then repeat until dead. It could be a fight in the Dream World to destroy it's dreamy half, and then in the real world, a fight to destroy it's physical form. Just my ideas that might help you out with your work.
That's an interesting idea, and it seems to fit with the story concept. The Maren are powerless in the waking world so it could concievably be the case that Link has to drag a boss out of the nightmare world to damage it somehow. Might work best with the final boss actually, but I need to make sense of how it would all happen. Thanks for the suggestion, guys. XD
« Reply #327 on: April 16, 2007, 03:28:26 pm »
awesome :)

what about one screenshot for the meantime ?
« Reply #328 on: April 16, 2007, 03:54:10 pm »
Even if it's just the last screenshot with Link an inch or so to the left, I'd love it :)
« Reply #329 on: April 16, 2007, 09:44:36 pm »
Okay, one quickie non-money-shot screen of what I'm working on right this moment. :P

Just MC tiles, but it'll give you an idea of how the beds work. It's night time, so the mother of this NPC house has gone to bed. Her kid wants to go to bed, only Link is playing at Goldilocks, so she can't. Similarly, if Link got out of that bed he couldn't jump into bed with her mum. When day breaks they go downstairs and outside respectively. It's a pain in the arse to test clock-based routine stuff like this but it seems to be working so far...
« Reply #330 on: April 16, 2007, 10:18:53 pm »
  • Fight the Power
Your tiling is really excellent, KM.  :D I hated making floors with MC tiles. I love how the beds look with people inside, really realistic. Keep the good job.  :)

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime

Obsequious Eye

King of Glass
« Reply #331 on: April 17, 2007, 01:06:22 am »
  • Yes, I am mocking you
Okay, one quickie non-money-shot screen of what I'm working on right this moment. :P

Just MC tiles, but it'll give you an idea of how the beds work. It's night time, so the mother of this NPC house has gone to bed. Her kid wants to go to bed, only Link is playing at Goldilocks, so she can't. Similarly, if Link got out of that bed he couldn't jump into bed with her mum. When day breaks they go downstairs and outside respectively. It's a pain in the arse to test clock-based routine stuff like this but it seems to be working so far...
Maybe you should make an NPC that you've stolen the bed from go to sleep on the floor - or complain to you the next day or somthing just t add a little realism and make the characters seem more like actual people. Majora's Mask did a good job of that.

And that screenshot looks very well done. Like darunia said, I hate MC floor tiles, but you did a good job with them. Can't wait to see this game at z3.
I'm watching you...
  • Omniscient Eye
« Reply #332 on: April 17, 2007, 06:47:21 am »
Maybe you should make an NPC that you've stolen the bed from go to sleep on the floor - or complain to you the next day or somthing just t add a little realism and make the characters seem more like actual people. Majora's Mask did a good job of that.
If you got out of bed and spoke to that girl, she'd complain to you there and then. Different people will say different things depending on their personality. Hopefully some of them should be quite funny. And yeah, there's the possibility of them reacting differently, like going to sleep on the floor, but also some could just wake you up. I want to add a lot of variety.

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #333 on: April 17, 2007, 07:18:54 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
I hate to be the crit dude, but some of the sprites dont match well, such as link, maybe tone the brightness on his sprite down a tad, it just doesnt blend. The rest looks great though.
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #334 on: April 17, 2007, 09:01:49 am »
aaargh, time based stuff + testing = boredom. it takes sooo long to get it to work right. I love games with this in but hate testing my own with time based thingos.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #335 on: April 17, 2007, 01:24:06 pm »
I hate to be the crit dude, but some of the sprites dont match well, such as link, maybe tone the brightness on his sprite down a tad, it just doesnt blend. The rest looks great though.
Thats the Link used in MC.
« Reply #336 on: April 18, 2007, 01:32:52 am »
Is Link in the bed MC sprites, or did you sprite Link's face eyeing the other person, and the little "bump" in the bed that represents Link's body under the sheets?

Very nice tiling (how do you do it...), except the position of the bed Link is in is really weird...almost the center of the room.
« Reply #337 on: April 18, 2007, 01:34:10 am »
I'm pretty sure that in the beggining, when you return to your house to sleep, or when you play the nightmare game, there is that position at some point. I'm not entirely sure.
« Reply #338 on: April 18, 2007, 06:31:52 pm »
Similarly, if Link got out of that bed he couldn't jump into bed with her mum.
:'(

Anyway, looks awesome. I want it. Now.

Faceless

« Reply #339 on: April 18, 2007, 07:45:56 pm »

The room looks very big, and largely empty. Furthermore, the floor tiling is really repetitive. It's obvious you've just copied that L shaped pattern across the floor over and over. The two beds seem to be in fairly arbitrary positions too. It's rare for beds to be in the middle of rooms, almost invariably, the headboard rests against a wall, and it's common for single beds to be wedged into a corner.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 52   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 78 queries.