Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 52   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is dead - long live The Shadowgazer!  (Read 386418 times)

Re: [Demo] The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer ...
« Reply #560 on: November 06, 2007, 09:04:22 am »
I have got a menu system, yes. There's been a set of menu screens since before the first demo but some of the layouts aren't finalised and still use placeholder graphics, so I took them out of both demos. I'm not sure how necessary it is to have the menu screens completely finished until I'm 100% sure of what's going to be in the game and what's not. I'm pretty much fixed on the number of items so that screen is up and working - if a little ugly - but the Quest Status screen will probably change over time. And deciding how I'm going to represent the map is proving difficult since it's going to be so huge, on account of there being a massive sea in the middle of it. I may try something like the Twilight Princess map where you have a high-level overview of the different provinces (in this case joined by shipping routes) which you can highlight and zoom in for a closer look.
« Reply #561 on: November 06, 2007, 05:51:29 pm »
By the way, I never really played this game because their is a dead link.
The Legend of Zelda: The Spell Caster
Release Date: ?

I'm a faithful man! Don't be a whimp, fight for life.
« Reply #562 on: November 09, 2007, 02:56:01 am »
I may try something like the Twilight Princess map where you have a high-level overview of the different provinces (in this case joined by shipping routes) which you can highlight and zoom in for a closer look.
...Bare my children. You should be working at Nintendo =X.
the a o d c

Kasc

« Reply #563 on: November 12, 2007, 11:22:26 pm »
What is this game being made on?
« Reply #564 on: November 12, 2007, 11:25:35 pm »
What is this game being made on?

A computer.
« Reply #565 on: November 15, 2007, 05:49:25 pm »
This game does not work on any other Windows OS under Windows 2000.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 03:59:34 pm by Master J »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #566 on: November 15, 2007, 06:04:49 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
This game does not work anything Windows OS under Windows 2000.
I dont think it's supposed to :P its a GM game
« Reply #567 on: November 16, 2007, 04:00:29 pm »
That's why Game Maker is so horrible, also because is inefficient.

« Reply #568 on: November 16, 2007, 05:53:21 pm »
So you're saying it sucks because it creates NEW games that don't run on 10 year old operating systems? Wow, what flawless logic.  ::) You have such an incredible argument. In fact, why don't we just make every new piece of software that ever comes out compatible with the Atari? Because that surely won't hault technological progress at all.

...Wow, that came off much ruder than I meant to.  :-[ Sorry, I don't know where that came from. But my point was just that there's really no logical reason to make new software compatable with such old OSs. I mean, I understand making them compatable with semi-recent ones, because people shouldn't just become obsolete every few months, otherwise noone would be able to do anything with their computers. But, making them for under Windows 2000? I just don't see the merit in that. New software compatable with Windows 98, 95, etc., would defeat the purpose.
« Reply #569 on: November 16, 2007, 06:24:11 pm »
  • 笑い男
it may suck compared to industrial standards
but then again, who the hell can create such games as easy and fast using industrial standards?
not that many people compared to the amount that can using gm :/

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #570 on: November 17, 2007, 12:56:48 pm »
  • .越//
no fighting over the system things here... thats the shadowgazer topic and i really think that he owns 90% of all fangames here just by doing GOOD graphics AND a GOOD gm engine alone... thats hard work enough for one person and i think he would even make it in c++ if he could, but because he cant ( what i think ) he does this in gm and his game is so under the limits of gm and thats why the comment:

This game does not work on any other Windows OS under Windows 2000.

and the following comments are not just offtopic, no... they're senseless.

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #571 on: November 23, 2007, 02:08:04 am »
Congrats on getting best in show KM. Shadowgazer certainly derserves.
« Reply #572 on: November 23, 2007, 09:48:54 pm »
I am so impressed with this project, and the demo i downloaded (one thing though, the place where you start, like the souther tree stump, when i tried to return my computer froze. dunno if that was merely my computer or ther game...). anyways, i was so impressed that i registered an account on this forum just to tell you so!

in the finished project i hope you have lots of secret things. thast not what MAKES zelda. but it does make it substantially funner (more fun).

you have my best wishes! and i'm even praying to God that you can make it through to the end of this project!
I cant help but wonder if you have some new Items,that havent been seen before.

i cant help but keep saying it. this is the most impressive zelda related thing outside of nintendo's actual development.
and i love the ideas, thay're great, and Noon, brilliant. i love his design, i hope that the game version lives up to the sketch. haha

keep your eye on nintendo baby... they might just have thier eye on you and the shadowgazer....

oh and...
Dark! Narow! Scary! Familiar!
hehe brilliant i tell you! Brilliant!!!
« Reply #573 on: November 26, 2007, 10:24:07 am »
I am so impressed with this project, and the demo i downloaded (one thing though, the place where you start, like the souther tree stump, when i tried to return my computer froze. dunno if that was merely my computer or ther game...). anyways, i was so impressed that i registered an account on this forum just to tell you so!
Thanks! Don't know why it's locking up when you go back to the forest clearing - it's obviously not supposed to, so it goes without saying it's not happening to me. :P Does it happen every time?
« Reply #574 on: November 26, 2007, 09:16:37 pm »
  • Evil's origin begins in TLOZ AO...
Hey Mob, any estimate as to when the next demo will be completed? Where are you at with it right now.
« Reply #575 on: December 07, 2007, 03:30:12 am »
"Controls:
Direction keys plus
X = sword (not used in this demo)
S = shield
Z = context-sensitive action
A = assigned item (not used in this demo)
+ / - on keypad = toggles between windowed and fullscreen modes"

any chance you can change the +/- on the keypad to something else? cuz laptops dont have keypads. maybe just change it to the normal = and - keys.

also i dont know if this is a bug or not. But in the demo when i go up or down stairs, quite often it throws me back into the stairs right as im exiting, and i end up back where i came from. could just be me though...

Also, i get the feeling that the 3 ships coming in and out of town, are merely there for the sake of the cycle.
seen as how all the characters revolve around these three ships i think they should have a fairly big role in the game somehow or another.
i dont know, i'm just worried that they dont really have a role. but you're probably way ahead of me.

things i hope you implement/possible suggestions:
-the shovel, and digging secret things up.
-mini games. like the game where you choose 1 of 3 chests. or there game where you choose 3 of many chests (both alttp), theres also the game where you choose one of 2 chests several times in order to get to the last chest (Oot) and many more games but i like those ones the most cuz i *cough* love chests... heh
-something like the lense of truth? maybe? that would be cool. say you're in nightmare land, u turn this lense on, and u see what it looks like in normal land. eh? pretty sweet.
-in OoT there were the magic beans... it would be cool if you had something that you could put somewhere either in "nightmareland" (hey, u have no name for it yet!) or in normal land - and in the opposite place its something different that helps you out or merely gives u a heart piece or rupees or something.
-different tunic?
-each item is used outside of dungeons to gather secret things or do sidequests, at least a few times.
-i dont blame u if u dont impliment this but... music? somehow maybe... - i kinda think it would be cool on a keyboard cuz u could make each note the letter that it is on the keyboard, and hold Shift to make it a 'sharp' (this could make for a really cool stream of sidequests if you dont have a place for it in the main quest and if you want to put the work into it. heck i would write the songs for you. though i know thats not the hard part haha...)
-u should have an item thats an axe... and u have to cut down trees to get somewhere (crazy 1am thoughts). and i trust that u already have plans to use the hammer?
-1 or 2 "collection" sidequests - like the gold bugs or the figurines or the masks i guess. haha stuff that just takes up time. i saw on a sign in the demo "fishing hole?" i trust thats for fishin'? good stuff. if you do the fishing thing try to build on it, make it bigger and better... u know so people can keep doing it without getting sick of it.
-bottles and fairies
-the pictobox i always found pretty lame... but its something u could do...
im sure i've got more.

please dont take this as pretencious on my part, these are just ideas tht im throwing at you because you may like one of them and it might actually help the game
peace!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 11:28:32 pm by cshawns »

triforceofdeath

« Reply #576 on: December 09, 2007, 02:07:41 pm »
This is great. The amount of detail is incredible.

Just to ask did you make the sprites of the archers (boblinkins) and the boars? Is there anywhere to download them?  :huh:

GOOD LUCK  ;)
« Reply #577 on: December 10, 2007, 09:31:45 am »
Hey Mob, any estimate as to when the next demo will be completed? Where are you at with it right now.
Wouldn't like to say. If I've learned one thing from this it's that you can't accurately predict how long it's gonna take to do anything - you just can't account for the problems you'll come up against, or the periods when you just don't want to be working on it. But as I've said in my last few posts, I've been doing a lot of conceptual work on the stuff that happens between the end of the last demo and the first dungeon. So, basically, the stuff that joins the two completed sections together. Having pretty much completed that, it's now a case of just getting on and ploughing through it.

So not much has really been done in terms of anything playable in the last few months. In fact, I don't recall last time I even tinkered with it... :P But I know exactly where I'm going to start, and it will be the basis for quite a big update, though I doubt you'll see it until early in the new year...

any chance you can change the +/- on the keypad to something else? cuz laptops dont have keypads. maybe just change it to the normal = and - keys.
Screen resolution options will eventually appear in the title screen options. I'm also going to add customisable keys.

also i dont know if this is a bug or not. But in the demo when i go up or down stairs, quite often it throws me back into the stairs right as im exiting, and i end up back where i came from. could just be me though...
Yeah, this is something I failed to pick up when I released the tweaked demo for NCFC. In solving the previous demo's key check errors, I inadvertently created another. :P It's already sorted though.

Also, i get the feeling that the 3 ships coming in and out of town, are merely there for the sake of the cycle.
seen as how all the characters revolve around these three ships i think they should have a fairly big role in the game somehow or another.
i dont know, i'm just worried that they dont really have a role. but you're probably way ahead of me.
Well, they kind of are there to facilitate the three-day cycle, but they also serve a more integral purpose in that they are the only way to reach the other two of the three provinces on the map, and your journeys in them push the story along on more than one occasion.

As for your list... If you expect me to comment on it, you're basically asking me for a rundown of some of the stuff that is or isn't in the game, and I'm not gonna do that, because I want people to play this game as they would any other, and not know exactly what they're supposed to do and what items or rewards they're going to get. XD

But I will say there won't be a shovel in this game. Personally, I think there are more fun ways of uncovering secrets than upturning every square on a map. :P

And and I may as well say now there will be no musical instrument either. There's just no room for one. I'd be putting one in for the sake of it.

Just to ask did you make the sprites of the archers (boblinkins) and the boars? Is there anywhere to download them?  :huh:
The boar rider sprites are my own, but I won't be making the complete sheets available until the game is finished.
« Reply #578 on: December 10, 2007, 09:56:40 am »
haha no i didnt want you to run down the list. that was merely for your sake, its always good to have extra ideas you can turn to, even if you don use them, it could spark an idea that you will use, and hey, thats even better than using someone elses idea.

btw. the shovels awesome.

though i think i just like digging.... XD

i'll miss the shovel :'(

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #579 on: December 10, 2007, 10:02:18 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
lol the shovel was pretty !@#$%... back in the day....

But I got annoyed trying to find that damned ocarina every time I played alttp... The only thing I've tried to keep in mind is "Middle Left." XD

Though... <_< I dont think the shovel should come back. at all. lol

I still think this is looking good Mob ^_^ and I'm actually glad you havent set a deadline for a demo, you summed up my thoughts on that stuff quite well in your previous post :P (actually thats 100% of the reason I disliked working as a programmer professionally >_< too much stress to meet impossible deadlines)
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 52   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 78 queries.

anything