Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 52   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is dead - long live The Shadowgazer!  (Read 386428 times)

Giverny

Christ on Acid
Re: [Demo] The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer ...
« Reply #680 on: April 15, 2008, 01:17:12 am »
  • Bitte Scheiße
The new screens are great!
Dwnloading demo now. :P

~LynkW
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums
« Reply #681 on: April 15, 2008, 02:31:07 am »
This game looks really cool. Hope you finish it.
So give me you're code and add mine:
Code: 4296-2644-3642

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:
epic intolerance, I caught aids from the stupidity in your post

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!

Triskiller

« Reply #682 on: April 21, 2008, 06:20:46 pm »
I'm still really excited about the update ~!
« Reply #683 on: April 25, 2008, 11:20:15 am »
Kind of a gravedig but I thought I would tell you something I found out after poking around on the server statistics.

~2.6% of search engine phrases that linked people to this site are to do with this game :). I guess I should thank you.
« Reply #684 on: April 27, 2008, 04:44:47 pm »
  • Pichuscute
THIS GAME IS AMAZING, I LOVE THE DEMO AND CANT WAIT FOR U TO FINISH

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #685 on: April 27, 2008, 07:57:45 pm »
  • .越//
hey K_M how is the maren animations working out until now? still working on that?

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #686 on: April 27, 2008, 08:29:10 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I like how half of the new members only go to this topic, lol.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #687 on: April 29, 2008, 10:37:33 pm »
  • Pichuscute
O Gawd!!! He hasnt been active since the 7th :'(. I hope hes working on it still. KM we still support u.........
« Reply #688 on: May 02, 2008, 09:16:09 am »
hey K_M how is the maren animations working out until now? still working on that?
O Gawd!!! He hasnt been active since the 7th :'(. I hope hes working on it still. KM we still support u.........
Yeah, I'm still here. Just not been active since I'm trying to avoid posting too many "still working on the next update" posts. But I am. Still working on it. :P Won't be long now. Couple of weeks maybe, depends how much time I can sink into it.

It's taking a while because it's a new type of boss, designed by me, in its own arena in the nightmare world, which I created, so absolutely everything has be done from scratch, and that's a lot of custom spriting! And as I've said before animating what I have in my head  (creepy shape-shifting black liquid/gas wraith) is proving tricky. But all that's left to do, animation-wise, is its damaged/death animations - although I don't know what I'm going to do with those yet...

I do have one question King mob.
How did you ever get that night effect to work!?
Just a case of swapping tilesets using the background_assign command. Nothing clever. ;)

Quote from: King Mob nostril=topic=3937.msg272590#msg272590 date=1206350903
It's actually a bell, but never mind...! :P

If it's any consolation, I knew it was a bell. It reminds me of the one at the Laundry Pool in Majora's Mask...and I assume that was intentional.  XD
Very much so. XD

Kind of a gravedig but I thought I would tell you something I found out after poking around on the server statistics.

~2.6% of search engine phrases that linked people to this site are to do with this game :). I guess I should thank you.
Blimey. I've never really googled it until now but it appears it's been featured on a couple of the bigger Zelda fan sites. Slow news days, probably. :P

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #689 on: May 02, 2008, 10:00:18 am »
  • Silly cat!

The new OoT2D? Yes!

We should feature it on the front page, like how OoT2D was. Screw unfairness and all that.

Hoffy.
« Reply #690 on: May 02, 2008, 10:15:18 am »

The new OoT2D? Yes!
No thank you! It appears I'm already getting slagged off, being confused with Dampe. :(

And anyway, I'm not exactly sure it's something to be proud of:
You should see some of the search-engine query statistics, people get directed to this site from some pretty wierd ones.

Some of my favorite;
sex proxy
prudential financial
idominican.safe
adult ipod videos
marijuana facts
suck my hard nipples
samus is hot
system error & h8007007e
gym teacher girl
stomach aches
gym teacher !@#$% girl
:P

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #691 on: May 02, 2008, 10:20:57 am »
  • Silly cat!

The new OoT2D? Yes!
No thank you! It appears I'm already getting slagged off, being confused with Dampe. :(

And anyway, I'm not exactly sure it's something to be proud of:
You should see some of the search-engine query statistics, people get directed to this site from some pretty wierd ones.

Some of my favorite;
sex proxy
prudential financial
idominican.safe
adult ipod videos
marijuana facts
suck my hard nipples
samus is hot
system error & h8007007e
gym teacher girl
stomach aches
gym teacher !@#$% girl
:P
Haha, it's all part of the publicity my good man. You can't expect to make something like this and not have people interested in it xD.

Heh, just keep working and get the demo out, and then work some more :P.

Hoffy.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #692 on: May 03, 2008, 08:14:15 pm »
  • .越//
hoffy i said before that this has a better potential as oot2d but now its official ;P

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #693 on: May 04, 2008, 11:18:19 pm »
  • :'O
Ah I hope he updates soon I'm freakin dying here!
« Reply #694 on: May 04, 2008, 11:29:16 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
You know it's kind of funny. With most fan-games it is like updates happen, and thinks look cool and stuff but...with this, it's like an update comes and people just eat it up. Good job, man...again.

I have a question though, are enemies in the nightmare world actual new enemies, or are they redesigns of existing enemies? Example, in LttP, there were birds in the light world and flying eye things in the dark world. And in TP, there were rats in the normal areas, and black things in the twilight area. I would like original enemies, but just redesigns are cool too.

By the way, I'm not asking if I can help, but I can't remember if you are doing this completely by yourself or is anyone helping you at all?
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #695 on: May 05, 2008, 02:49:05 pm »
It's interesting to compare this game's development with that of other games.

With almost all other fan games here, you get to the topic and see a laundry list of things the game will have and possibly a screenshot. The topic's creator will post multiple times in it daily answering questions and talking about what he's doing. Yet he always manages to cancel his game or not get anything done.

With this game, King Mob avoids the trap of being all talk and no work, and I respect that. Also, Nintendo doesn't release weekly demos of their Zelda games - they'll maybe have a couple of gameplay demos and leave the rest shrouded in mystery for the eager player to find out when he or she gets the game. I think King Mob is doing a good job of that by not releasing too many demos or showing too many screenshots.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #696 on: May 05, 2008, 07:24:48 pm »
  • .越//
It's interesting to compare this game's development with that of other games.

With almost all other fan games here, you get to the topic and see a laundry list of things the game will have and possibly a screenshot. The topic's creator will post multiple times in it daily answering questions and talking about what he's doing. Yet he always manages to cancel his game or not get anything done.

With this game, King Mob avoids the trap of being all talk and no work, and I respect that. Also, Nintendo doesn't release weekly demos of their Zelda games - they'll maybe have a couple of gameplay demos and leave the rest shrouded in mystery for the eager player to find out when he or she gets the game. I think King Mob is doing a good job of that by not releasing too many demos or showing too many screenshots.

well he said the next demo has dungeon 1.. and with completely custom enemies of this quality it takes a long time...

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #697 on: May 05, 2008, 07:57:38 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
I'll have to check this out sometime. looks great.

also, unless I'm mistaken, this is reply # 700! now to wait for reply # 776...

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #698 on: May 06, 2008, 05:43:07 am »
  • Xiphirx
Tileset swapping....
(I'm dum)

BTW lol at the search queries. Stop talking about that $^&# guys ;)
  • For The Swarm

HelmarocKing

« Reply #699 on: May 15, 2008, 06:11:50 pm »
:o

Dude.
This. Is. FRACKING AMAZING! Yeah! Woo!
I'm a frequent member on other sites, FYI, so please don't just think of me as a stoopid noob, because even if I am, at least I'm an experienced stoopid noob. ;)

Anyway, first things first, praise! And there's a hell of a lot of it! The graphics are amazing. Everything just looks fantastic. I cannot wait to see a full world drawn by you. Plus, your concept art is also amazing. Love it. The NPCs are a big thing that has been bugging me about Zelda games lately. You have fixed that, my friend. You have made it almost perfect. Then the story. I like it a lot. Like, a LOT. Noon sounds like an awsome character. And the dream world is very innovative; good job! I'm sure there is more, but I think I'll move on to the more important stuff.

Criticism! OMG! :O Okay. First, Link lags a lot in large areas. Any way to fix that? It's really bugging me. :\ Then, Link has trouble picking stuff up. If you stand in front of something, you have to be aligned almost perfectly with it, and there cannot be something next to it. Next, I noticed that if your standing left or right, Octorock's rocks do not interact with your shield except at the exact right position. Like, the rock phased through half of Link's body. o_O And... I think that's all the criticism I have. Not a lot, really. Great job! Can't wait for more!

EDIT: Forgot my other criticism! The controls. Sorry, but the button choices suck. :/ I would suggest something more along the lines of... A = Sword, S = Roll, Talk, Lift, D = Item. You know, something where there are lots of buttons that can easily be reached, and all of the most frequently used buttons are right there. Hope that helps. XD Just keep in mind that my criticism is me trying to help you; I absolutely love it so far!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 06:19:59 pm by HelmarocKing »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 52   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 78 queries.

anything