Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is dead - long live The Shadowgazer!  (Read 386303 times)

Mirby

Drifter
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is dead...
« Reply #1000 on: June 19, 2009, 11:24:51 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Which is one of the reasons, I'm sure, he converted it to an IP. It's why I changed all the (copyrighted) characters and music from Relics of Nature's Fury into completely original characters. So I could sell it, make a profit, etc.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

lklk111

« Reply #1001 on: June 28, 2009, 08:22:12 pm »
  It sucks that hes not making the zelda game, because that looked really awesome, but I bet KM will come out with an awesome original game when/if he finishes :P
One question, though, KingMob. Are you going to keep the story, and custom enemies/things and just put in new characters? Or are you going to do something completely different?

erimgard

Shadowgazer
« Reply #1002 on: June 30, 2009, 08:07:00 am »
Say, you think you could tell us anything about this guy?

I found him on your project's homepage and caught meh interest.

Also, once Spirit Tracks is released, could you tell us whether it is before or after it?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 08:49:16 am by erimgard »
Re: Shadowgazer
« Reply #1003 on: June 30, 2009, 01:43:48 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Say, you think you could tell us anything about this guy?

I found him on your project's homepage and caught meh interest.

Also, once Spirit Tracks is released, could you tell us whether it is before or after it?

Look at the link that is five posts above yours (the post by alspal). It is not a Zelda game anymore, but KM has not just dropped the game. It's all explained in the link.
  • My Music
« Reply #1004 on: July 01, 2009, 09:29:55 am »
But that guy is not from the zelda games so maybe he keeps it? who knows :P
If he isnt changing the entire point of the game ofc.
« Reply #1005 on: July 01, 2009, 10:22:15 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
But that guy is not from the zelda games so maybe he keeps it? who knows :P
If he isnt changing the entire point of the game ofc.

I'm pretty sure he's still gonna keep that guy since it is his own original character. But I was actually more directly replying to this:

... Also, once Spirit Tracks is released, could you tell us whether it is before or after it?

Since it's not a Zelda game anymore, that means Spirit Tracks won't mean a thing or any other Zelda game. Unless I'm mistaken and he is keeping some kind of ties to the Zelda series. But I'm pretty sure the Zelda series will have nothing to do with The Shadowgazer.

Also... is KM even working on this anymore? I haven't seen him around here in a while... ?
  • My Music
« Reply #1006 on: July 02, 2009, 08:42:41 pm »
  • PWNED
Good luck with the change dude. Im still gonna look forward to playing it.

SPIRITPROJECT.TK ACTIVE FORUM FOR ANIME AND GAMING!
  • Hotpiebob
« Reply #1007 on: July 03, 2009, 12:29:54 am »
Also... is KM even working on this anymore? I haven't seen him around here in a while... ?

KM tends to dissapear and return in 2-3 months <.< with progress.

lklk111

« Reply #1008 on: July 08, 2009, 02:51:54 pm »
  Ok, anybody, this is BAD.
I refered the demo to some people, so that they could see waht it was like before KM removed it (If he was going to). Then, this one guys downloaded, the ONLY guy who downloaded it so far, and he got a virus the broke the !@#$% outta his computer. Now, the internet doesn't work on it. Hes REALLY pissed off at me now, and sais he has ALOT of viruses on his computer. I downloaded it this morning, yet I got no viruses whatsoever.
Wtf is going on? (Sorry if I swore alot, I just am really mad at myself because his computer now doesnt work with internet. He said the game froze and then he couldnt close it and now whenever the internet goes up it sais it has a severe error.) :'(
« Reply #1009 on: July 08, 2009, 03:03:28 pm »
  • Fight the Power
I refered the demo to some people, so that they could see waht it was like before KM removed it (If he was going to). Then, this one guys downloaded, the ONLY guy who downloaded it so far, and he got a virus the broke the !@#$% outta his computer. Now, the internet doesn't work on it. Hes REALLY pissed off at me now, and sais he has ALOT of viruses on his computer. I downloaded it this morning, yet I got no viruses whatsoever.
Wtf is going on? (Sorry if I swore alot, I just am really mad at myself because his computer now doesnt work with internet. He said the game froze and then he couldnt close it and now whenever the internet goes up it sais it has a severe error.) :'(
Buy him a new computer.

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime

lklk111

« Reply #1010 on: July 08, 2009, 03:09:16 pm »

Buy him a new computer.
There HAS to be something else I can do, I scanned it, there are NO viruses. I don't even have the money, and I don't even know him in real life...
« Reply #1011 on: July 08, 2009, 03:20:27 pm »
  • Fight the Power
Buy him a new computer.
There HAS to be something else I can do, I scanned it, there are NO viruses. I don't even have the money, and I don't even know him in real life...
Whaa? Why the hell do you even care then?? Seriously, it was his responsability when he downloaded the file. I doubt it was that file's fault though.

On another note, I was all hyped about this, but seeing it turn into an original game is also a good thing. At least you can get some moolah outta it. ;P

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime
« Reply #1012 on: July 08, 2009, 03:26:24 pm »

Buy him a new computer.

If something like that happend, then he had a lot of trash on his computer to begin with. It isn't your fault, nor the demo's fault. It is probably the fact that he downloaded something that caused an cascading effect on his computer. I suggest that the guy seriously uses virusscanners and anti-(spy/ad/mal)ware programs. If that doesn't work he should take his PC to an expert or format HDD('s).

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #1013 on: July 09, 2009, 11:43:17 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

Didn't happen to me on any of the 3 computers I use. Your friend just has bad browsing habits.

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #1014 on: July 10, 2009, 12:53:07 am »
I'm pretty sure the guy already had the virus and just needs an excuse to cover up the fact that pr0n did this.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page

lklk111

« Reply #1015 on: July 10, 2009, 01:12:39 pm »
  Lol  ;)
He fixed it, anyways. It wasnt anything about the game, he downloaded too much junk.
« Reply #1016 on: August 30, 2009, 06:10:01 am »
....Why do I get the feeling King Mobs deciscion of making this into an original game instead of a Zelda fangame has slowed the progress down to a halt? 5 steps forward and 7 steps back...
After all the only thing of his work that can be used in an original game is the core story and perhaps some of the game engine. All Zelda MC graphics, all plans for Hyrule places in the game, subplots, goron-zora-sheika raced NPC's... Zelda inspired menus and items.

I honestly hope he ha saved all the Zelda progress should he ever feel like going back to that. After all, for me the thrill of the shadowgazer was how well the story seemed to fit in the Zelda universe and, above all, how AWESOME King Mobs skill in spriting new graphics in Minish Cap style. Without the graphics it might feel... well different I suppose. I long to see some progress report on this in some months time so we'll finally know how much that has been changed.
- Viewing at the moment: Project Runway [TV-series].
- Reading at the moment: Kuragehime [manga], Uncanny X-men issues 37 - 66 [comics].
- Listening to at the moment:
- Playing at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN], FFCC: Ring of Fates [NDS].
- Let's Play in-the-making at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN]
- Studying at the moment: University course "French, Preparatory Course" for a re-examination on subcourse "Grammar and Translation" in August, University course "Basic Course in the Humanities" for a re-examination on subcourse "The Concept of Culture" in August.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #1017 on: August 30, 2009, 07:58:10 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
....Why do I get the feeling King Mobs deciscion of making this into an original game instead of a Zelda fangame has slowed the progress down to a halt? 5 steps forward and 7 steps back...

Can't really agree with this statement... Fact is, making your own IP is at least 100 steps forward, and it's also more involved than making a fan game. With it being his own IP now, theres a few circumstantial things that may cause him to not be able to post new information. It may seem as if it's come to a halt, but it could be in full development under an NDA.

His workload has also immensely grown, since now he needs to create his own multimedia resources, instead of reusing/editing existing ones.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #1018 on: August 30, 2009, 03:21:29 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I agree with Mammy, and was going to post this earlier but I was a tad too irritated at what you said too make something worthwhile come out of my mouth. So yeah, how is making an original game several steps down from a fan game? First off, you get kudos for making your own original story, characters, and anything in the game. Second, you're not using pre-made graphics. Making an original is 100000 times more badass if you pull it off properly, and I bet KingMob will pull it off.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #1019 on: August 30, 2009, 05:12:02 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
I think Eleo meant that KingMob had so much progress with his Zelda-game that turning it into an original game meant that he lost much progress, and so took a few steps back.

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 74 queries.

anything