Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bored? Well try my gamemaker zelda game thingy  (Read 1971 times)

Sleepysonic

Bored? Well try my gamemaker zelda game thingy
« on: December 20, 2006, 06:59:19 am »
Heya, um...

2 months ago i had an ict assignment to create a puzzle problem solving game using gamemaker so i decided to make a quick zelda thingy...

I only spent about 3 weeks on it and its my first time making a game or using any sorta programming thingy so its not too good. But hey if your bored see if u can make it to the end and get the triforce.

Um sorry about the sprites, I have totally forgot where i got them from but if u search up 'zelda sprites' in google you'll probably find the sites.

At the moment i am not working on it, but who knows... I may start again on it  ;D .

Okay in this game you get
  • An ocarina (to warp you places)
  • A magic bomb bag (to explode yourself)
  • A crap fire potion (lol i rushed to get this finished but yeah it turns u into fire)
  • A sword (for chopping the 2 enemies... shutup i only had 3 weeks..)

Oh and a bunch of other stuff in the shop and yeah.

Oh a screenshot? uh okay... I only posted this for people who are bored though

Yes.. I did resize it in paint. Well squint ur eyes or something.

Well here is the link! Enjoy.. oh and its 5.5mb's i think (bigish cause of music)

http://www.filelodge.com/files/room50/1461822/Zelda_GM.zip

Ya's think its good for a first timer with 3 weeks?
Re: Bored? Well try my gamemaker zelda game thin...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 09:46:08 am »
whoa there! :o how many different games are those sprites from??? about 4 or 5! I enjoyed the style a bit but not the  graphics... and the movement needs to be a little better (have a look what deku_stick said about the same style movement in my first demo ;)). as for the music, good quality ;D but big mp3's! :( But that's quite alright for a novice game maker. :) If you want, check out Cloud of Darkness, my game, that took about a month (about 5 hours a week).
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 11:05:49 am »
  • Oh.
Looks weird, the sprites are mseed up, lol.
Gl with that though, is that for a grade in school or something?
Hm.
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 12:56:41 pm »
  • :3
ok then ... wtf did you do with those sprites XD i know its youre first game but i think tou can chose one style ( maby GB style cuz its less hard then the other zelda styles)
  • daniel-kun

Sleepysonic

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 03:58:27 am »
Lol yeah the sprites are pretty f'ed up ey? I sorta didn't 'plan' this game, i sorta just did whatever lol. Oh and they aren't mp3's, they are actually 'radio quality' audio files converted using sound recorder. Because the stupid school computers couldn't handle mp3's...

This was for ict in grade 10, we were meant to design a puzzle/problem solving game. Everyone else made a pacman maze that didn't work whilst i made this... Lol i'll be getting my mark in the mail soon, i expect an A compared to everyone elses.

Oh and incase you didn't know.. This whole game was made without using any scripting of stuff, its all just what gamemaker lets ya do. But um does anyone have any links they could refer me to to learn about scripting in game maker?

Oh and i did start making a game sorta like urs blue_chu_jelly where the camera follow you around, but every computer i tried it on couldn't handle it... (but i suppose resolution was 800x600....)
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 07:21:36 am »
yeah I prefer the "original" zelda style gameplay to most other styles of ZFG's. Cloud of Darkness was actually a Gamemaker demonstration demo I made for a teacher, but I wanted to carry on with it after as well, just because it's my best game so far, well, i think so. ;D I reckon work on the movement, sword and guards before much else, they need improvement.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 49 queries.

anything