Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: [Submission] Shield Skiing  (Read 8650 times)

[Submission] Shield Skiing
« on: July 14, 2012, 11:38:15 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Cost: 30 rupees
Objective: skiing using a shield as a ski. You have to do different stunts, pressing different buttons combinations to get points. The more points you get, the best the prize will be.
Possible Rewards:
- 5000 points, Heart Piece
- 4000 points, Secret Seashell
- 3000 points, Great Quiver
- 5000 + points, 50 rupees (this can onle be obtained after getting the heart piece)

Description: a skiing competition in which Link will have to avoid getting hit by the rocks and do stunts to get points within a certain amount of time. Depending on the shield used the better the stunts will be. There may also be secret passages to enable to do much greater stunts.

Dangers:
- Rock slides
- Columns
- Rocks scattered around

How to avoid dangers
- To avoid rock slides the player must quickly move aside
- To avoid getting hit against columns, the player must jump, or move aside
- To avoid the rocks scattered around, the player must jump over them
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 02:49:55 pm by BlazeBigBang »
Re: [Submission] Shield Skiing
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 11:39:27 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Objective: skiing using a shield as a ski. You have to do different stunts, pressing different buttons combinations to get points. The more points you get, the best the prize will be.
Possible Rewards:
- 5000 + points, 50 rupees (this can onle be obtained after getting the heart piece)

Description: a skiing competition in which Link will have to avoid getting hit by the rocks and do stunts to get points within a certain amount of time. Depending on the shield used the better the stunts will be. There may also be secret passages to enable to do much greater stunts.
But there is no snow on goron mountain, since it's an active volcano. There is lava and hot gas coming out if it constantly.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 11:41:00 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Possible Rewards:

But there is no snow on goron mountain, since it's an active volcano.

I know. The first thing I thougt it was "Hey, skiing!" but then I remembered that there was no snow in Hyrule. Link will use his shield to slide over the surface of the mountain.
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 11:42:43 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Possible Rewards:

But there is no snow on goron mountain, since it's an active volcano.

I know. The first thing I thougt it was "Hey, skiing!" but then I remembered that there was no snow in Hyrule. Link will use his shield to slide over the surface of the mountain.
I edited the post you quoted and stated that there is lava and hot gas constanly comming off the mountain, so there would be no snow on it, since it would have melted even if it did snow.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 11:44:41 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Then, how the hell do gorons live in the mountain?
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 11:51:35 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Ask them, they bath in lava.
Remember Majora's Mask and how Gorons can go through lava no probs?

Plus they're rock monsters.
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 11:57:03 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Easy to fix: after you get the Earth Cog you can play this minigame.
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 11:58:07 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Also how much would this mini-game cost to play?
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 02:07:32 pm »
  • It's the grineer
30 rupees, lets say.
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 01:12:38 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything

Because they're Gorons.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 01:18:57 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...

Because they're Gorons.
Your a little late to the party MG.
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 02:21:33 pm »
  • It's the grineer
This minigame can be played after getting the Earth Cog, so that way Link slides over the hill, using the Cog to avoid getting burn by the lava.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 07:38:33 pm by BlazeBigBang »
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 05:03:42 pm »
I know that they are using shields, which are super slick and shiny  :P But I gotta wonder how well skiing goes over rock and sand. Somehow lava surfing seems more believable to me than rock skiing.  :huh:

On the matter of tunnels, I don't think it might be a good idea either. I don't know how often they will be and if they are mandatory parts and always the same for every contender. But I don't think I would like to be confronted with the black fades of entering and exiting the caves all the time. These transitions are also concentration breakers. Diverging paths on the other hand is a good idea as some paths can give you better opportunities and dangers than others.
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 05:06:46 pm »
  • It's the grineer
I know that they are using shields, which are super slick and shiny  :P But I gotta wonder how well skiing goes over rock and sand. Somehow lava surfing seems more believable to me than rock skiing.  :huh:

On the matter of tunnels, I don't think it might be a good idea either. I don't know how often they will be and if they are mandatory parts and always the same for every contender. But I don't think I would like to be confronted with the black fades of entering and exiting the caves all the time. These transitions are also concentration breakers. Diverging paths on the other hand is a good idea as some paths can give you better opportunities and dangers than others.

There are not exactly tunnels. It can be some ramp that takes Link up, and allows him do better stunts. And lava surfing would be difficult, because the shield would get very hot, and will melt :P.
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012, 05:36:09 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything

Because they're Gorons.

Well, anyway, this minigame can be played after getting the Earth Cog, so that way Link slides over the hill, using the Cog to avoid getting burn by the lava.

I'm not exactly sure why you asked such a question if you were just going to reply with a smart ass meme showing that you knew the answer already.

In any case, you could do something like have a Goron fill the ski area with oil or something so you can slide on it.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 05:39:18 pm »
  • It's the grineer

Because they're Gorons.

Well, anyway, this minigame can be played after getting the Earth Cog, so that way Link slides over the hill, using the Cog to avoid getting burn by the lava.

I'm not exactly sure why you asked such a question if you were just going to reply with a smart ass meme showing that you knew the answer already.

I didn't know, is just that if you answer me "they are gorons", I must answer with something like this. Anyway, the sand on the hill will make the player slide over the hill.
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 05:40:38 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
If your using a wodden shield it would wear down. I metal shield would kind of grip the sand.(Kind so it would be more affected by friction.) Plus a layer of sand on a volcano doen't make sense geologicaly.
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 05:46:24 pm »
  • It's the grineer
If your using a wodden shield it would wear down. I metal shield would kind of grip the sand.(Kind so it would be more affected by friction.) Plus a layer of sand on a volcano doen't make sense geologicaly.

I don't know then, it just slides.
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 09:44:37 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I love the idea of a snowboarding thing like in TP!

Ideas:
Have a snowy part of goron mountain. There are volcanos with snow on them, just not when they're erupting.

Move this to Zora's Domain or the river, have Link water skiing/wakeboarding, or restrict it to the wooden shield (if we have it so you can use old shields after upgrading them) and have him go down rapids with rocks and stuff.
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 10:18:43 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Wouldn't snowboarding be easier with the Metal Shield?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.448 seconds with 77 queries.