Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Gfx2Gba  (Read 1252 times)

Problem with Gfx2Gba
« on: September 08, 2008, 07:12:44 am »
Anyway, I was trying to bust into some GBA development and to work with images, I need to convert them.  I tried using gfx2gba with the exact command for the command line that was offered on the tutorial site I was reading, and I am not getting any output files:

Code: [Select]
gfx2gba -D -fsrc -pobject.pal -t8 ash.bmpshould output:
object.pal.c
ash.raw.c
but I get this:

I don't know, I have everything in the right directory, I set it up so the command prompt was doing commands from that directory, I included the original ash.bmp file in the directory, I even tried to run the gfx2gba with a bmp file that was the original for files created in the tutorial and I still got no output.

Anyway, has anyone used this stuff?  Oh, and I am using Vista and have had similar quirks with getting SDL to work (it compiles fine, it just doesn't work, even if I copy exactly from the tutorial).

Re: Problem with Gfx2Gba
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 11:35:21 am »
  • The devil in the mirror.
Last time I checked Vista had some problems with Environment variables, making programs like compilers and the like who depend on setting these variables, work poorly. Anyway, I haven't tried gfx2gba on Vista before, but I can't think of it depending on setting it's output like a compiler does. How does the path to the program look? Does the path have spaces("C:/Program Files")? Many command line programs don't like spaces. try putting the program in, "C:/test/" and see if it works then. Other than that, does gfx2gba give out any errors? Do you run it from a bat file, or directly from command line? What command line do you use if so?(cmd or command)

Working on my Masters Degree in Computer Science.
Hey look, Zelda Coop....later.
Proud user of C++ for 9 years, and counting!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 38 queries.

anything