Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Traumwelt  (Read 3751 times)

Traumwelt
« on: April 12, 2006, 11:38:47 pm »
  • You're the yellow bird that I've been waiting for.
Traumwelt

Notes
The story is already complete, I'm just not posting the full thing  :P. You don't want me to ruin things anyways. Well, this is a pretty much a rip off of all of my favorite survival horror games. I took all of the basic elements from games like Clock Tower, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, and many more games, to come up with this: a first-person survival horror game that relies more on a good story and scare factor than it does on mass amounts of enemies and gore. The game is much scarier than most others in my opinion (and once I get the lighting system to work right it will be even better), but the graphics are not very good. It is 3d, but I wanted to give it a more classic feeling, like the older House of the Dead games (not really... that's just my excuse for not being able to model well :P). The only reason I'm posting this in pre-WIP is because I'm not releasing a demo for a VERY long time. I want to get a good fanbase for Aqualis Online and raise Aquasoft's reputation a little. I do have the very basic 3D first person engine done though. Also, the part of the story I've posted is a very edited version of the original one. I cut out a lot, because I just didn't want to type it all. The original story, and the one you'll see in game, is much more in depth, descriptive, scary, and well... disturbing.

Story
   Your name is Cory Oberst. You grew up a normal but, shy person. As a teenager, you had few, friends, but they were and still are very close to you. You're life has always revovled around music. You graduated highschool in the top five percent of your class, but shortly after your graduation your parents died, and all motivation towards college was lost. You were thrown into a significant depression, secluding yourself from other people at all costs. Even to this day, you're very uncomfortable talking about your parent, for you were much closer to them then kids generally are to their parents. Your dad had been a computer database administrator, and money was never a problem. You got nearly everything you wanted sooner or later. Your mom began teaching elementary school just as you started ninth grade, though her true passion lied with painting. Your parents were just as much your friends as they were you mother and father.
   You are now twenty years old. You scream in a hardcore indie band with a few of your close friends whenever you're not tending bar. Despite your skills at mixing poison, you don't drink.
   Your few friends consist of Vinny, Ben, Conor, Jenny, and Brooke, all of whom play in your band except for Brooke. You've been dating Brooke for almost a year though. She's very supportive of you, fits right in with your friends, and if it weren't for her, you'd still be seeing a therapist three times a week. Vinny is "The Funny One," though he's also very deep and artistic at times. He helps you write songs, and plays guitar in your band. Conor is the hopeless romantic. He's always either heartbroken or madly in love with someone. Girls break up with him because he "tries too hard" to be sweet. Ben and Jenny are merely male and female versions of the same soul. They're both loud and outgoing and have been dating for the past eight years. They've never once fought with eachother.
   A few weeks ago, Brooke began acting very strangely. The optimistic shine in her eyes faded, and she seemed to be going through an unexplained depression. She began spacing out often, and drinking mass amounts of alcohol. You became very worried, but everytime you ask her what's wrong she mumbles about some wierd dreams.
   Three days ago, Brooke dissapeared. Your friends and you have searched everywhere, called everyone, and have even filed a police report, but there hasn't been any sign of her. Since her dissapearance, you've also been expiencing strange dreams, though you remember much. You remember a sign with the words "Welcome to Traumwelt," printed in faded crimson ink positioned at the start of a road that seemed to lead into a deserted looking city. Tall, twelve-foot brick walls surround the city on all sides as far as you can tell. You wander into town and find yourself in front of a diner. You call out Brooke's name, tempting a non-existent response. The last thing you recall is the silhouette of a figure in the distance, enshrouded in the dense fog. You don't know if that's where you wake up, or if that's where you just stop remembering.
   Tonight you have decided to drive to Brooke's howntown, hoping she just went there to get away from things for a few days. It's a long drive, but thankfully there is almost no traffic. It's almost two thirty in the morning though, are you are growing very weary. Eventually, the sandman wins, and you drift off into your foggy dreams of Traumwelt.
   After spotting that dark shadow in the fog, you find yourself with your head against the wheel. You don't seem hurt, but it's so foggy out, that you can't even tell if your car has suffered any damage. You get out of the car to find that you've driven off the road and into a ditch. The entire front of your car is smashed in. You can't believe that you survived such a horrible crash. It's obvious that your car won't drive, so you climb back up to the road. You follow it only fifty meters before you find yourself dead in front of a sign that says, "Welcome to Traumwelt."

Concept Art
Please note that the only one of these pictures I actually spent time designing was Cory. The rest I did in about five minutes each, so please don't let the monster reflect my drawing talent. Thanks  8).
Cory
Fake Body
Blind Body
Blind Hand
Crass
Dia
Silencer
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 06:10:29 am by brighteyes »

Limey

Re: Traumwelt
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 11:40:47 pm »
Holy !@#$%, that cory drawing is sexy as hell! (not the person, the drawing itself XD)
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 12:00:26 am »
Holy !@#$%, that cory drawing is sexy as hell! (not the person, the drawing itself XD)

Thanks :). It's the first good drawing I've done in a long time. I used to be REALLY good, but I stopped drawing for about a year. I'm finally starting to get good again though, and that makes me happy  ;D.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 06:38:05 am »
  • odens knop
Wow brighteyes, that's looking pretty awesome!  This could be one of those projects I'm really looking forward too.  I hope to see screenshots and a DEMO soon.  And what are you using to make this?  And if you want I could try (real hard) to model simple'ish things for you.
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 01:12:42 pm »
Traumwelt? A German title? Are you German? Hehe... the title and the drawings are very good and interesting, I gotta check out the story and everything. ;) (I'm German too btw. :P )
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 08:46:44 pm »
Traumwelt? A German title? Are you German? Hehe... the title and the drawings are very good and interesting, I gotta check out the story and everything. ;) (I'm German too btw. :P )

No, I'm not German, but I do understand a little bit. If they remove the Japansese class from my highschool next year (which they probably will), then I'm going to take German. I wanted to name the game something along the lines of Dream World, but that just sounds really corny and doesn't give the impressing of survival horror. I just went on babelfish typed in "dreamworld" and looked at tranlations from different languages that use the English (or similar) alphabet. I thought Traumwelt sounded the coolest, so I decicded to name the game Traumwelt.

EDIT: Updated art in the original post.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 10:26:31 pm by brighteyes »

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 06:03:32 am »
  • .越//
 ;D it has a resident evil / silent hill flair to use a german title... hwy? because japanese titles are english, japanese or german.... i like resident evil and such games and i look forward how yours will look like...

btw: in japanese would it say "yume no sekai" whats sounds not much worst... but german title is good enough :P

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.517 seconds with 51 queries.