Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: [Engine Demo] tLoZ: Echoes of Aurelia  (Read 119532 times)

Re: [Trailer] tLoZ: Echoes of Aurelia
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2013, 05:08:29 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Asking for a test isn't rushing anything, it's just hard to judge it with only images since there are alot of technical parts of a game that you can discern from just images like flow, collisons, interactions etc, though if they don't think they don't want to post a test then It's not like we are forcing them too.
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2013, 05:15:31 pm »
From my point of view these graphic sprites and maps look promising.
« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2013, 11:39:54 pm »
Sadly, we won't get finished until NCFC 2013 in November. I don't think that we will participate this year.
I just can assure you that I would abandon this game. And the reasons for the slow progress have already been written.

Good games need time.

I think you wanted to say that you won't abandon the game. ;)
« Reply #123 on: October 26, 2013, 05:05:06 am »
Sadly, we won't get finished until NCFC 2013 in November. I don't think that we will participate this year.
I just can assure you that I would abandon this game. And the reasons for the slow progress have already been written.

Good games need time.
That's what Blizzard said about Diablo III and Realms about Duke Nukem Forver.

Just messing with you.  In the end, it is your fan game.  However, teasing teasing teasing without some kind of tech demo isn't very fun.  :P

I, personally, would like to feel how your combat system is.  You just telling me or showing videos means nothing.  At some point, you will need you combat system tested by someone other than your team as well as other features in your game.  Not trying to rush you, but a Tech Demo using just your game engine could be done that removes all story aspects and just allows the player to "feel" out your game.

Like I said, it's your fan game.  If you feel you need until the end of time, take the time until then.  I am sure our spiritual being(s) will enjoy it. xD

:)
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2013, 05:44:31 pm »
  • Let's do this.

Good games need time.

I think you wanted to say that you won't abandon the game. ;)

lol, of course I mean I won't abandon this game. Did I frighten somebody?  :huh:
Sorry for my typo. And yeah, I will discuss with Gonken about a Tech Demo, he is working on a test map anyway. Meanwhile, here a new screen:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 05:53:29 pm by Rayo »
This is one of many tales Hylian lore speaks of...

Click here to check out my Deviantart!
  • Zelda Time Walker
« Reply #125 on: January 01, 2014, 10:27:56 pm »
  • Let's do this.
Happy new year!
Today we bring you a playable demo of our engine - ready to play!

Go here to grab it! (Bugs will be fixed over time, but link will be the same):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zoxten0vz2y1c5s/Engine%20Demo.zip

============================
     ~*~ GAME CONTROLS ~*~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keyboard:                                   Xbox 360 Controller:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arrows:   Move player                   Main Stick:     Move player
W:         Interact, Roll, Accept       A:                 Interact, Roll, Accept
S:          Use Sword                      X:                Use Sword
A:          Use primary item              Y:                Use primary item
D:          Use secondary item          B:                Use secondary item
E:          Call Elfin                         Left Trigger:  Call Elfin
F:          Shield                            Right Trigger: Shield

1:          Hide HUD
2:          Save Progress
3-9:       Debug Commands

F1:        Open command console
F5:        Resolution 336x240
F6:        Resolution 672x480
F7:        Fullscreen
F9:        Screenshot
F11:       Restart Game
Esc/F12: Quit Game

~*~ SCREENS ~*~

« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 04:40:15 pm by Rayo »

• Zelda Time Walker

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #126 on: January 02, 2014, 11:33:02 am »
  • .越//
Happy new Year,

I've tested that demo a little and wanne give some feedback ;-)

+ beautifully sprited custom graphics on the overworld, just like shown on those screenshots.
   They look like they belong there and some of them are nice extensions of existing graphics
   ( the long branches, the custom cliffs, stones and different types of chests )
   The new variations of sprites like the dialogs, clouds, heartbushes and items ( Dreamshard ) are just the same quality as the
   original sprites.
+ the gameplay feels good enough for an early test demo, i only wondered a little about the diagonal walking/fighting
+ the soundtrack was just about the right feel and quality of an original game
= in the name selection screen add the notice of the controls (select letter / erase letter with *** )
= maybe an option to have the default "Link" name would be nice, like it is in the originals/other rpgs
= it seems odd at first that you hold the bomb with A/D but you lay it down/throw with W
= maybe add a main menu option for the screen size?
= gray out / delete the language options if there isnt any other language yet
- minor noticed is that the "dialog graphic" of the shield is round and the shield itself is not, it seems kinda odd
- the spawning of the cavebats was a little sudden and to near to the player
- the music in the house stopped in the time it took to look for the controls
- The octorocks walked through the sky ( on the upper right corner of the level, near the ladder )

most of the negative (-) feedbacks are not that great of a deal at all, they are to be expected in a rushed techdemo of an unfinished game, the overall quality of the demo is great. The throwback of the old man is nice,  but i hope you change the location of the enemies or the cave in the later game since you have to walk through the enemies to get your sword. Maybe the moving clouds could wait a little while longer at their end-locations so the player won't fall down, the puzzle was to use them for taking the chest and hitting the switch not the loss of a heart and wait for the platform to come back ;-)
the neutral(=) feedbacks are just kind of suggestions and you made me do positive(+) feedback on your graphics :D ( i almost never do that on a fangame )

keep up the good work!

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2014, 07:25:26 pm »
Thanks for the feedback! We are aware of and have fixed a few bugs already.
For everyone not knowing, this was just an engine/tech demo, and It is nowhere close to what the original game will play like. But hope you had fun testing it!

I'm hoping to release more from the actual game in the future, because the original game will have it's own unique world.
Thanks for playing!
Re: [Engine Demo] tLoZ: Echoes of Aurelia
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2014, 10:36:33 am »
  • Let's do this.
The whole game can be played with your XBox 360 controller now, just connect it before you have started the game. Have a try, here are the controls:

• Zelda Time Walker
« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2014, 11:20:43 am »
Nice demo! It's gone a long way since I last saw it feels. Also, thanks for the credits, though my username is martijndh instead of martjindh. XD

Going by the style of dotyue:
+ Nice steady framerate
+ Nice graphics / music
+ I really like the small touches like the multible directional sprites used when carrying skelton heads around. It really shows effort put in.
= Swords don't interact with pots and such. I've gotten accustomed to this being possible because of my own game and Link between Worlds, though Alttp for instance did not have this. Never played MC so I'm unsure how it's handled in that game.
= The bats appeared rather close to the character. Maybe set there triggering distance a little further away.
= Throwing bushes against octorocs I felt did not always register. I did not test exstensively, but when the bush I throw was near to the ground it seemed to hit the enemy once out of three attempts. I know how hard it is to get this right so a = rather then a -.
- Dying let's you keep everything you had. I was able to re-get the sword and bombs.
- Walking movement felt a little sluggish. Maybe make it a few procent faster.
- Repeat sword collisions don't always register after you hit an enemy. Maybe the enemy has a invulnerable phase, but I did not visibly notice such a thing so it comes of as weird.
- Menu interaction felt a little bit sluggish. Feel free to up the animations or room framerate

Last time I helped out with coding the itemmenu, but stopped because it looked to become way more work then intented. While I do not have the time to help code a secondary project right now I could help you translate to dutch if you think that'd be an fun inclusion. No counter service required.

AimesGames

Aimes Games: Zelda fan games.
« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2014, 11:12:21 pm »
  • Zelda fan games.
It's amazing!! :)
I like it a lot.  Um, though, I am not liking that link is glowing in the dark.  That's the only flaw to me.  Other than that, it's perfect.
  • AimesGames's Website

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2014, 05:59:08 pm »
  • I can think of many things for anything.
The whole game can be played with your XBox 360 controller now, just connect it before you have started the game. Have a try, here are the controls:

Might you switch around the item set on X to make the sword set to X instead? In GC era Zelda games you would have the items set to X & Y which were closer to the locations of Y and B on an Xbox controller. Not to mention, X is the standard attack button on nearly all Xbox action games.
Need someone to grammar check your game? Message me.

Team Project:
Mythos: Shadow of Liimina- http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39897.0
SoL Sprite Thread: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39913.0

AimesGames

Aimes Games: Zelda fan games.
« Reply #132 on: June 30, 2014, 04:13:31 am »
  • Zelda fan games.

Might you switch around the item set on X to make the sword set to X instead? In GC era Zelda games you would have the items set to X & Y which were closer to the locations of Y and B on an Xbox controller. Not to mention, X is the standard attack button on nearly all Xbox action games.

Even though that's true, the controls look like it was meant to be like Nintendo's, where B is the sword, and A is the action button.
  • AimesGames's Website
« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2014, 02:52:41 am »
  • Let's do this.

You are the second who have asked me that. So I did it. Probably it is better so. But not only that, there are some more improvements:

Quote from: Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/echoesofaureliaofficial)
Congratulations Germany, you've cup!
For this reason, there is an improved version of our engine demo including better bomb handling, a moving camera in cutscenes, much more intelligent octoroks, the ability to stab with your sword and the support of all foreign accents/umlauts etc...featuring the German translation of the demo.

So here is the link. Actually the same link as above, but I will post it again :D
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zoxten0vz2y1c5s/Engine%20Demo.zip
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 04:40:46 pm by Rayo »

• Zelda Time Walker

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2014, 06:37:45 am »
  • .越//
Ok, didnt have time to review the latest demo... but very first text in german translation:
"Hallo Link, willkommen zu unserer kurzen Engine Demo! Schön das du das Spiel heruntergeladen hast, wir schätzen das sehr viel"

just delete the "viel", it sounds weird ;)

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2014, 04:45:24 pm »
  • Let's do this.
fixed, taking screenshots is F9 by the way ;)

• Zelda Time Walker

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2014, 09:30:25 pm »
  • .越//
Okay like i've said i had no time and the bug report took the little time away xD

first a bug were sometimes the shield is misplaced (attached screenshot1)

sooo a suggestion since you fixed the  second dialog already :P
you should give the fairy a lightsource since even link has one... and maybe a more smooth light for the night since it just looks cut out (shot2)

but like before an overall good quality

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2014, 10:32:35 pm »
  • Let's do this.
I got the first bug too, just with bombs. But it's hard to fix it because I don't know what the player needs to do in order that this bug cames.
And I would give the fairy a lightsource but Elfin is actually an enchanted butterfly and not a fairy. I just thought Elfin was a fairy and coded a fairy. :P
Anyway, I will discuss with Gonken if we should give Elfin a lightsource. In the original demo you will receive the lantern before the first night so it won't be that dark.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 10:36:51 pm by Rayo »

• Zelda Time Walker

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #138 on: July 16, 2014, 06:20:07 am »
  • .越//
I got the first bug too, just with bombs. But it's hard to fix it because I don't know what the player needs to do in order that this bug cames.
And I would give the fairy a lightsource but Elfin is actually an enchanted butterfly and not a fairy. I just thought Elfin was a fairy and coded a fairy. :P
Anyway, I will discuss with Gonken if we should give Elfin a lightsource. In the original demo you will receive the lantern before the first night so it won't be that dark.

i got it too when falling into the river without bombs, maybe its when you do something and then use the shield

well enchanted or not... if a human emits more light than a fairy then thats just wrong xD

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #139 on: July 16, 2014, 04:28:07 pm »
  • Let's do this.
I gave Elfin a light source. Plus, I found out why the shield/bomb/obstacle bug happened. If yout get hurt while holding your sword and your sword is charged then it happens.
With this information I fixed the bug and reuploaded the engine demo.
I also fixed the bug that allows Link to cut all when he is holding his sword, he just can stab destroyable obstacles now and hurt enemies.

• Zelda Time Walker
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 78 queries.