Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3 2010: Suspension and/or Death  (Read 3267 times)

z3 2010: Suspension and/or Death
« on: August 01, 2010, 10:33:16 pm »
With the overall turnout for this event being as low as it is, the staff has decided that the z3 event scheduled for later this month will not be held. It is not cancelled in the sense that it will definitely not happen any time this year, as it might happen later in the fall/winter - assuming it can fit around or subtly coexist with the outside NCFC event. Niek's Community Project feature contest will also not be held as its turnout too is low.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 10:53:59 pm by 4Sword »
Re: z3 2010: Suspension and/or Death
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 03:48:55 pm »
Bleh, well good for me I guess. As my project would not be ready for presenting this summer after all...

How many applications were there?
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 06:29:55 pm »
With the overall turnout for this event being as low as it is, the staff has decided that the z3 event scheduled for later this month will not be held. It is not cancelled in the sense that it will definitely not happen any time this year, as it might happen later in the fall/winter - assuming it can fit around or subtly coexist with the outside NCFC event. Niek's Community Project feature contest will also not be held as its turnout too is low.

Seeing as how the turnout was really low, i doubt there will be a problem with Z3 subtly co-existing with NCFC, that's usually pretty big i think. Sucks that Z3 got pretty much cancelled, although i guess it's pointless to have it with only a few events.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 06:35:25 pm by FISSURE »

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 05:09:26 pm »

Seeing as how the turnout was really low, i doubt there will be a problem with Z3 subtly co-existing with NCFC, that's usually pretty big i think. Sucks that Z3 got pretty much cancelled, although i guess it's pointless to have it with only a few events.
When we refer to co-existing it's more about not having NCFC overshadowing z3, which might again result in a lower turnout because people are too busy preparing for NCFC.
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 09:38:25 pm »

When we refer to co-existing it's more about not having NCFC overshadowing z3, which might again result in a lower turnout because people are too busy preparing for NCFC.

Ah, that makes sense, in that case it may be even harder to do Z3 near NCFC because of the reason you listed.

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 09:49:20 pm »
In terms of development, we could do whatever we wanted whenever if the numbers were chubby enough. This was kind of an oversight in how z3 was planned out besides not promoting it better - that when the planning of it was started, development was more active and the trend for it was projected for future months to likely be as much. If anything base minimums have to be comfy base minimums.
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 03:58:54 am »
This sucks.  I was planning on releasing at least an engine at zfgc if not a demo of what I am currently working on.  Can't show what I am working on for NCFC since it is not Nintendo related.  Hope you guys can work things out.  Maybe promote zfgc a little better?
  • Super Fan Gamers!
z3 2010: Suspension and/or Death
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 05:11:48 am »
I think the low application turnout might have been from the application itself. I was in the process of applying but stopped because it was asking for too much information upfront that I didn't have prepared. Maybe you can let people sign up and then let them fill in all the blanks later on like how myspace or facebook is set up.
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 07:06:34 am »
Yeah, you might be true about the application process. The thinking was that by filling out a more comprehensive application form that would be a more accurate representation of turnout, where as a simple application form would mean that people would apply with nothing to show for it and the turnout compared to that would be lower.

In terms of poor promotion here, I would be disingenuous if I didn't take a good chunk of responsibility for that - I could have made more monthly topics keeping everyone informed, could have tried to put out Project of the Month articles to keep development in focus, and have gotten more out for the Community Project. As for promotion elsewhere, that idea always sounds good until it has to be applied - we could mention it to our Zelda affiliates, heck we probably should mention it to them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.299 seconds with 55 queries.