Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Army of Darkness  (Read 3942 times)

The Legend of Zelda: Army of Darkness
« on: March 15, 2012, 03:06:58 am »
Hi guys! ive been a viewer of this site for a while but never rly joined, until now! reason being is because im making a zelda game called The Legend of Zelda: Army of Darkness. The pics are of my promo poster of the game, and of a custom child ganon for my game. spoiler* it explains the story of how the ganon became evil  :P please tell me what you think, i love to hear other peoples thoughts :3
"oh no bro"
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Army of Darkness
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 03:39:06 am »
btw, if you want to use the ganon child sprites, just plz credit me when you do, thanks:3
"oh no bro"
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 05:17:49 am »
Hello and welcome to ZFGC! That is cool that you are making a project but this board requires that projects posted contain at least 4 screenshots: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=35075.0. If your project doesn't have those it will be moved to Discussion unless you provide those additional screenshots within a day or two.
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 01:34:09 pm »
thnks for informing me, and ill add two more today :)
"oh no bro"
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 05:01:46 pm »
three more screen shots. The lack of buildings and things show that I'm not even close to finishing this lawlz :(
"oh no bro"
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 06:00:55 pm »
  • Minalien
Can't really tell much from the screenshots, but I suppose we'll see where the project goes. The trees look somewhat out of place, in my opinion.

Also, I'd strongly recommend never uploading anything in a bmp format again - always use PNG or JPEG, bitmaps are far too large in terms of filesize.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 10:18:01 pm »
thanks for tellin me:3 i was at first hesitant to post anything bc i wasnt sure if it was ready to be posted, but part of me wanted hold on to it for a little while longer, then post it with more content. the trees youre talking about are the ones in the field before the town right? if so, those are substitutes until i cn find better ones. i ddnt want to put the regular old ones like in minish cap, i wanted something fresh :3 if you hve any tht youre willing to let me use, could you please lend me them? :)
"oh no bro"
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 11:45:40 pm »
  • Minalien
Using substitutes early in development is normal, so that's really no problem. I think you would have been a little better off withholding on the creation of a post until you've got more information to provide on your project. Information such as your current progress, planned features, and information such as what tools you are using to develop the project (and your levels of experience with them) will go a way toward showing your capability to complete the project (and thus increase the likelihood that other members will follow your progress).

Unfortunately, I don't work on fan games anymore, so I don't have anything original to add as replacements. The placeholders you're using should suffice until you can either create the art on your own, or until your project generates enough interest to attract some of the talented sprite artists within the community.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 11:56:06 pm »
true, thanks for the input and comments, this really helped. i might just pull this project down until i make a bit more progress on it, have more content, and a better measurement on how far along the game is.
"oh no bro"
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 12:05:00 am »
  • Minalien
Remember, if you need or want any help, don't hesitate to post to the Coding or Resource forums. ZFGC members have traditionally been more than willing to help newcomers, so long as they are willing to be helped and have reasonable expectations.

• Development Blog
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 12:49:32 am »
thanks :) i do have one question though, how do i pull this down, so that when I'm ready, i can put it up again?
"oh no bro"
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 12:55:02 am »
  • Minalien
I'd just leave the topic, it'll die off and fall to the deeper pages. Whenever you do have content ready for display, you can either re-post or simply add the information as a reply.

Otherwise, you should be able to talk to a mod or manager such as 4Sword or Starフォセーキン and they can either lock or delete this topic.

• Development Blog
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 02:16:01 am »
alrighteh, thanks dude :D
"oh no bro"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 60 queries.

anything