Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest  (Read 5574 times)

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest
« on: July 06, 2006, 04:16:20 pm »
  • b e p i s
Anyone else catching this tonight/tomorrow? I'm going with my friend Chelsea to see Superman Returns (again...lol), then at midnight possibly to a premiere of PotC 2. It's gotten mixed reviews, and I know some theaters actually premiered it last night.

EDIT: AVAST, SPOILERS OFF THE STARBOARD BOW
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 05:48:08 am by Knivu »
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 07:21:30 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
I saw it Wednesday night (I love working at a movie theatre), and I liked it, but it wasn't as good as the first.

Anyhow, that's all I have time to say for now...

...and at the end they really make it clear whether there'll be a sequel or not.

***SPOILER***

And Barbossa still alive?  WTF?  It's like they have to bring back every character you saw in the first movie (and I hated the stuff with Commador Morington), whether they died or whatever.

***/SPOILER***
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 08:19:47 pm »
Clearer than Disney saying that 2 and 3 would be shot back to back? Clearer than Hollywood's obsession with trilogies? Man, that's pretty dang clear.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 08:21:34 pm »
I want to see it as a fan of mr Depp but wont be seeing it that soon, the cgi monsters got me a little pissed to be fair.

I ♥ Open Girlfriend (What!? I didn't add this.. must have been Solly!)
  • My DevArt Account
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 09:16:44 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Clearer than Disney saying that 2 and 3 would be shot back to back? Clearer than Hollywood's obsession with trilogies? Man, that's pretty dang clear.
I wasn't wanting to give away spoilers.  Are they already filming number 3?  Duh, but there are those who don't know :)

And now they do!
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 11:30:27 pm »
The same people probably don't know there's a second one either.  :P
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 12:09:03 am »
  • When you express in one word, “the anus”
Im seeing it tomarrow, already got tickets :D
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 12:19:06 am »
I am seeing once it hits my theater here. Pirates of the Carabien was one of my favorite movies ever. I seen Orlando Bloom on Conan talking about it, and he said they shot the third one right after the second one. Weatehr that means its done or still in progress I don't know..

Can't wait though! I just hope they do it justice with the second and third ones.
We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 01:22:36 am »
  • PWNED
im gonna go see it tomarrow.it looks good but of course the first one is gonna be better.the first is always better.

SPIRITPROJECT.TK ACTIVE FORUM FOR ANIME AND GAMING!
  • Hotpiebob

Dantztron 3030

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 07:31:20 am »
  • b e p i s
Just got in from the premiere like 10 minutes ago...man, what a great flick :D I'll do my typical brief sum-up:

- Great makeup/special effects, as expected. However, these actually add to the quality of the movie rather than just look cool.
- Fantastic atmosphere, as in the first movie.
- Johnny Depp, I am convinced, is one of the greatest actors ever.
- Really exciting action scenes...I've never seen a movie that's just this fun to watch. Combine that with a lot of genuninely funny comedy and you've got a film that accomplishes one thing really well: entertainment.
- It does drag on a bit too long.
- I personally found the story confusing in places, but maybe that's just sleepiness talking.

Also: make sure you stay through the credits. :)

« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 07:33:31 am by Knivu »
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 07:37:37 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
Im seeing it tomorrow...alone...BUT it still looks pretty sweet :D
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2006, 05:27:51 pm »
  • Fendez Coder
I saw it today, while I was skipping college :P I haven't watched the first one, and I still managed to follow it really well. I enjoyed it loads actually, good (non cheesey) humour (from disney?!?! yep), some good action, good story, good twists. I liked it! Beats college anyway :P

Also: make sure you stay through the credits. Smiley

Dammit >_<
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 06:19:39 pm by CoNfUsEd_GaMeR »

Och vi som väntar på något gott vi väntar alltid för länge jag vet, jag vet
men ett liv med låga krav är som sommar utan sol och vinter utan snö
Och vem vill leva så
  • Fendez Games

Ishdarian

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 06:03:16 pm »
OH MY GOD!
I saw the premier!

That movie was amazing!
I want to say more about it, but I'd reveal too many spoilers, especially about the end!  :o ;D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 06:05:27 pm by Ishdarian »

doomkillerx

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006, 06:23:43 pm »
I am seeing once it hits my theater here. Pirates of the Carabien was one of my favorite movies ever. I seen Orlando Bloom on Conan talking about it, and he said they shot the third one right after the second one. Weatehr that means its done or still in progress I don't know..

Can't wait though! I just hope they do it justice with the second and third ones.

I read somewhere (newspaper) that the 3rd was already filmed since they filmed the 2nd and the 3rd at the same time. From what I read, it said the 3rd would premier at around the same time the 2nd came out (which would likely mean) it coming out in 2007. So from what I understand, the 3rd will probably come out next july.

Sad i still havn't seen the new one yet... (even though it just came out :D).... I loved the first.
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 10:53:23 pm »
I just caught it this afternoon. Here's a quick review:

When I walked into the theatre to see Pirates of the Carribean 2, I was really worried that it would be an awful film that would ruin the original. Well, I'm happy to report that my doubts have vanished completely. The movie once again follows Captain Jack Sparrow, William Turner, and Elizabeth Swan as they go on swashbuckling adventures across the seven seas. But all is not well. The commodore has lost his position. A new lord (I unfortunately have forgotten his name) has the warrant for the arrest of Will and Elizabeth, as well as the former commodore, after their aiding in the escape of Jack Sparrow. Jack himself is in search of a mysterious key that opens a chest of some sort. Nobody knows what he's after, and are quickly losing faith in him. Sparrow doesn't even seem to know where he's going as his unique compass has stopped working. Back at Port Royal, Will is allowed to set off on a search for Sparrow to obtain his compass; returning it to the lord will gain him and Elizabeth their freedom, allowing them to finally be married. But on the Pearl, Jack encounters yet another problem; Bootstrap Bill Turner appears in the bowels of the Pearl to give him a message from Davie Jones: his time is up. Jones will be coming to send the Black Pearl back to the depths of the ocean and it's captain along with it.

I was quite skeptical of the plot at first; it really just seemed like they were trying to look for ways to bring the three back together on a pirate ship. But by the end, I found that I was wrong. The story is full of mystery, deception, foul play, emotion, action, and much more. I found it remarkable how much happened in such a short time, yet somehow the pacing seemed perfect. I couldn't believe that it was less than 2 hours long. A lot of characters from the original appear again, and one of them was unbelievably surprising, and yet left a smile on my face. The dialogue is perfect, and brings back the wit and humor of the original. The acting was superb, mostly on the part of Johnny Depp's character, Jack. Once again Depp manages to create a unique and funny character that you can't help but love, despite all he does wrong. The rest of the characters were done right, but didn't really stick out to me as being exceptional.

I personally thought that there were two aspects of the film that really made it great: the soundtrack and the choreography. The soundtrack brings back a lot of songs from the original, which is good, and continues to use the excellent (and catchy) theme song. I found the most notable new songs to be those played on Davie Jone's organ. The music didn't seem to help with emotion too much, but it definitely complemented the action. The choreography was simply amazing. At one point in the film, there's an extremely entertaining battle between three people that goes from the beach, to some beautiful looking ruins, and then onto a paddewheel. The part of the wheel was VERY funny and entertaining, and I just couldn't wipe the smile off my face during the whole scene. Often times in movies, the action just gets to be a lot of the same thing, and I almost zone out the whole action scene. But this movie takes these normal scenes and makes them extraordinary.

Overall, I really, really enjoyed this movie, despite my doubts. Near the end, I was really wondering how they were going to wrap it up, and at one point I thought this was going to be the last movie for sure, but the very end just put a smile on my face and ended the mystery and revealing to me (because I didn't know it yet) that there was going to be a third. In fact, the ending was quite a cliffhanger, but still ended in a sense that left me satisfied and yet craving more. I highly recommend this movie to everyone, especially fans of the original.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest

Dantztron 3030

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 11:06:26 pm »
  • b e p i s
Gotta agree with you on the paddlewheel scene: me and my friend were laughing our asses off the entire time. That must have been so hard to film...dear god o_O
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2006, 12:04:24 am »
  • When you express in one word, “the anus”
Just got back from seeing it, kicked major ass :D
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2006, 03:43:24 am »
Heh, just got back. Awesome film, really. I'd even say I liked this one more than the first.

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2006, 07:03:19 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
So awesome!!! Only problem is now I am biting at the bit for the third one LOL.  ;D

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2006, 10:19:15 pm »
Gotta agree with you on the paddlewheel scene: me and my friend were laughing our asses off the entire time. That must have been so hard to film...dear god o_O

that's got to be one of my favorite scenes in recent movie history. It was just so brilliantly made, and perfectly combined action and humor.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 74 queries.