Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Knivu asks you to consider the following:  (Read 3868 times)

tippz

Re: Knivu asks you to consider the following:
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2007, 03:52:28 am »
Do we need next gen systems? Yes. Do we need uber awesome HD graphics? No. Yes, current gen games look amazing, and if we knew of nothing better than that, then it's what we'd settle with. Unfortunately...we always have to outdo ourselves and go for the next big thing. Hence the PS3...the craptastic graphic !@#$%. THAT is unnecessary. Enter the Wii. Better, smoother graphics, yes, but that's not the emphasis. The emphasis is the gameplay, and the control. THAT is what we need. More innovation. People should spend less time on the next pretty shooter (after shooter...after shooter...after shooter...etc.) and work more on making the games they DO have more fun to play. Wii is next gen at its best...and it doesn't look that great. Then again...so is DS, and it's outselling it's better graphicked, less gimmicky counterpart. Imagine that...innovation over graphics. Good games help too. I understand that people think "Hey, with more power, we can make bigger, better games" but that's not what they're doing. They're using up all that power to just make the same, better looking game. If we really wanted to...we could have true virtual reality and stuff by now. But nobody's cared, because all the game people have focused so much on graphics. So what will the next generation of consoles be? I vote putting their power where it counts...into making good, unique games. If that means a Wii 2 and nothing else...I'm cool with that.

Oh yeah, I am not saying that we just need graphically enhanced versions of the classics, but you have to admit that it certainly helps.

Really though, in supporting HD so much I am just playing devil's advocate. I do not play games on an HD set (though I do have one, but only for TV/movies). Nor will I in the foreseeable future. I also am a proud owner of a Wii and am quite happy with the performance (DS too for that matter). And if it comes down to it, if it comes to getting HD or saving money I am going to save the money.
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2007, 01:01:16 am »
Do we need next gen systems? Yes. Do we need uber awesome HD graphics? No. Yes, current gen games look amazing, and if we knew of nothing better than that, then it's what we'd settle with. Unfortunately...we always have to outdo ourselves and go for the next big thing. Hence the PS3...the craptastic graphic !@#$%. THAT is unnecessary. Enter the Wii. Better, smoother graphics, yes, but that's not the emphasis. The emphasis is the gameplay, and the control. THAT is what we need. More innovation. People should spend less time on the next pretty shooter (after shooter...after shooter...after shooter...etc.) and work more on making the games they DO have more fun to play. Wii is next gen at its best...and it doesn't look that great. Then again...so is DS, and it's outselling it's better graphicked, less gimmicky counterpart. Imagine that...innovation over graphics. Good games help too. I understand that people think "Hey, with more power, we can make bigger, better games" but that's not what they're doing. They're using up all that power to just make the same, better looking game. If we really wanted to...we could have true virtual reality and stuff by now. But nobody's cared, because all the game people have focused so much on graphics. So what will the next generation of consoles be? I vote putting their power where it counts...into making good, unique games. If that means a Wii 2 and nothing else...I'm cool with that.
Heard of the Virtual Boy? Noone bought it because of the crappy graphics.
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2007, 01:20:42 am »
  • Huzzowee!
We need next-gen not only for its graphical capabilities, but also the other hardware upgrades. The new systems are all-around better machines. Given that they can run better games and not chug... at least they should. I don't care much for HD. I've got an HD TV, I've watched actual HD television with it. I will be the first to admit that there is one hell of a difference in the quality. However, I don't need to see beads of sweat running down Mario's chin. I'm perfectly happy with the quality we have now. But, if new hardware under the 360 also means that they can make bigger and better games, then so be it.
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2007, 03:55:43 am »
Heard of the Virtual Boy? Noone bought it because of the crappy graphics.

Ha...actually no one bought it because the red flashing lights gave them seizures. But hey, it's your story.
Image Hosted at ImageHosting.us
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2007, 01:19:20 am »
I don't think "we don't need them yet" Whenever we develop the technolagy we develop it. That is just the time we are in. But I personally don't need the photo-realistic graphics yet. I am perfectly find with 2d games, I actually prefer them. I only just got my ps2 lol, and the graphics look outstanding in my opinion.

Final fantasy 12 is nearly orgasmic! The in game graphics are so insane, the little tiny details like necklaces and stuff move when you walk, its so great.

But personally my favorite part about the graphics in that game are the little 2d ones in the sky pirates den. That was a real treat for me. I wish they still made big epic rpg's with those classic style sprites.

The graphics we currently have are far beyond anything I would ever need, but never the less, I don't mind them upgrading even more, it just gets nicer and nicer.

I say I prefer 2d graphics, I do. But when I think about it. If FF12 was 2d, it would be totally different... The 3d world i provides totally immerses you in the experience. It's like you are truly in Ivalice.

We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2007, 10:54:40 am »
I agree with everything, but I cant imagine life without these items now.
the a o d c
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2007, 04:37:54 pm »
I don't care that much about graphics it's the gameplay that matters. For example look at Wiisports the graphics could have been done on a N64. But because the gameplay is so good the game is very fun to play.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2007, 10:15:59 pm »
  • b e p i s
I don't care that much about graphics it's the gameplay that matters. For example look at Wiisports the graphics could have been done on a N64. But because the gameplay is so good the game is very fun to play.

My philosophy is this: graphics don't make bad games good, but they make great games better.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2007, 02:54:27 am »
People think I'm nuts for saying this sort of thing at school, they think graphics are the deciding factor. I care about visuals, but not graphics, take TP for example very artistic, good visuals, not so incredible graphics.

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2007, 07:31:14 am »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
The only reason why Wiis, PS3s and XBOX360s exist today is because Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft need to generate revenue.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2007, 02:26:45 pm »
Ok on my previous point when TP was nominated for graphics on game trailers I guess they see the true artisticness.
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2007, 10:36:18 pm »
  • Back again.
I don't really care about any of this, so I can't give you an answer other than this:

This generation is the best one yet.
Just kinda moseying along.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2007, 11:43:26 pm »
I don't really care about any of this, so I can't give you an answer other than this:

This generation is the best one yet.

actually this gen is horrible so far. The only worthy highlight is that sony is ****ing up what should've been an easy win.
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2007, 03:56:09 am »
  • Back again.
In you're opinion. I agree that the PS3 is bad, when it should've been good, but the Wii is amazing. Best system I've ever played by FAR.
Just kinda moseying along.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 66 queries.

anything