Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: [Trailer] TLoZ, The Midnight Radiance (Updated: Jan 18th)  (Read 20611 times)

Re: [Video] TLoZ, The Midnight Radiance
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2011, 08:46:25 pm »
It probably hasn't been coded in yet.
Games that I support:

Forums that I am a member of:
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2011, 11:35:31 am »
Looks good! I'm so in love with the GBC style.

FelipeD

Nothing...
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2011, 04:44:38 pm »
Video looks nice. I am curious, though, when you hit the zombies, do they take damage each time? It looked like you hit each a couple times and they deflected it (they didn't flash or anything) before one of your hits connected and killed them.
You're right dude but I already coded that so don't worry about it.
When the trailer is available you'll see.

Well I changed the title screen and added some things like the mega zombies when you go to te cementery at night.

That's all.
Thanks for your comments
See you later
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 12:23:34 pm by Donokron »
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2011, 11:41:17 pm »
I'm really impressed, i have to say!
I'm emotionally linked to Link's Awakening, that was my first videogame and still my favourite one.
Now, i'm always happy when I discover GBC-styled projects, but... there's one thing that bothers me: their lack of GBC feeling. Unfitting colors, elements from GBA games... they all make them so unnatural.

But, surprisingly, your screenshots just amazed me: your mapping, your color choice... everything makes me feel nostalgic, as everything looks so original, Zelda-like.
There are obviously adds that couldn't be made with GBC: your message box, the shadows in the forest, the fading effect behind the menu. I have to say, I pretty much like them, as they somehow manage to fit and not to disturb me. That's just that fading effect which works a bit less, it is too "unlikely" within the rest of neat, decise graphics.
That's just my personal point of view about graphics.

Then, about the story: i personally think that storyline should be made before the game (sometimes before making graphic choices), yet I think you 'll manage to make it good from now. Just don't go too far with maps and development, this may force you to adjust storyline because of graphics, which may result even well, but also a total disaster. I experienced that, trust me. XD

One last thing: why did you choice a Saxophone? It sounds a bit un-zelda-ish to me, to be honest. But I guess you have your motivations. I like the "core mechanic" of day/night changing. :D
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2011, 10:42:18 am »
I'm emotionally linked to Link's Awakening, that was my first videogame and still my favourite one.
Now, i'm always happy when I discover GBC-styled projects, but... there's one thing that bothers me: their lack of GBC feeling. Unfitting colors, elements from GBA games... they all make them so unnatural.
Well said! Everyone attempting a GBC style project always adds their own colors and graphics. Don't do that! In order for GBC style to work you have to stay true to the original, unless you're really talented and can make genuine GBC style graphics.

Link's Awakening was my second video game, after Super Mario Deluxe ^_^

FelipeD

Nothing...
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2011, 01:04:24 pm »
Well you're right dude. I agree with you about the conection with Zelda Link's Awakening, that was my first Zelda too and I played it 20 times perhaps haha.
Well, I'm trying to put the same essence on this game, with the same pallette color.
I added some graphics, yes... but I'm trying to don't be so destroyer with the essence of the GBC Zeldas.
If you find something that bothers you just let me know and I'll see what can I do  XD

But, surprisingly, your screenshots just amazed me: your mapping, your color choice... everything makes me feel nostalgic, as everything looks so original, Zelda-like.
There are obviously adds that couldn't be made with GBC: your message box, the shadows in the forest, the fading effect behind the menu. I have to say, I pretty much like them, as they somehow manage to fit and not to disturb me. That's just that fading effect which works a bit less, it is too "unlikely" within the rest of neat, decise graphics. That's just my personal point of view about graphics.
I'm very glad for that. Thanks!!

Then, about the story: i personally think that storyline should be made before the game (sometimes before making graphic choices), yet I think you 'll manage to make it good from now. Just don't go too far with maps and development, this may force you to adjust storyline because of graphics, which may result even well, but also a total disaster. I experienced that, trust me. XD
Don't worry about it. The history is finished but I don't want to post it yet

One last thing: why did you choice a Saxophone? It sounds a bit un-zelda-ish to me, to be honest. But I guess you have your motivations. I like the "core mechanic" of day/night changing. :D
Because I play saxophone and I wanted to put a personal touch on the game XD

Well, thanks a lot for your comments dude

Well said! Everyone attempting a GBC style project always adds their own colors and graphics. Don't do that! In order for GBC style to work you have to stay true to the original, unless you're really talented and can make genuine GBC style graphics.
I agree with you. I'm not one of these talented people so I won't create graphics. I'm just modifying some existing images trying to be most GBC Style as possible.

Well sirs, thanks for the comments. Any progress will be posted as soon as possible
Greetings...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 01:06:19 pm by Donokron »

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2011, 02:02:51 pm »
You have to love LA (I was surprised to find it's a sequel to LTTP actually. Apparently the LTTP-LA comes before LOZ and AOL. Huh)

Does this game have any place in the Zelda Timeline?

Are we going to see any new items in this game?
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2011, 12:30:16 am »
Because I play saxophone and I wanted to put a personal touch on the game XD[/i]

Yay, i thought something like that! Then I'm with you. For me it's even more complicated, I play the piano and... how could I make Link a piano player?! XD
I pretty much understand your choice, and i personally think that it's always great to put some personality in fan-games! It's your world, so why not. :)

Well.. Ganondorf has a church organ. I think that pianos might also appear, but surely not in the role of central instrument. XD
You're lucky, a saxophone is rather more easy to put. :D

Well, i'm looking forward this project! ;D
Good luck!

Koh

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, 06:12:42 am »
  • Tamer Koh
I observed the gameplay video; the engine is fairly solid and is coming along nicely so far.  Things I noticed from the video alone:

-Picking up a Heart does not restore a full heart container, but instead only restores half a heart.  Is this intentional?  If so, I recommend updating the item graphic to match this.
-Link waddles when walking down, due to alignment issues in the sprite.  Take a look at the icon next to my user name to get an idea of how the GBC style Link should animate.
-When you attack and hurt enemies, they do not flicker or flash white, and instead just have a "chink" animation appear over them.  Again, is this intentional?  Sprite flashing is a bit more of an indicator when dealing damage to an enemy.
-You didn't actually show if the sideview area functions like a true sideview, where if you walk off the ladder, Link will fall.  Is this a true side-view implemented engine, or does it work like Zelda 1, where there are invisible "walls" in the air?

That's all I have however, I'll keep an eye on this.
  • Megaclipse Games

FelipeD

Nothing...
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2011, 01:11:16 pm »
Yay, i thought something like that! Then I'm with you. For me it's even more complicated, I play the piano and... how could I make Link a piano player?! XD
I pretty much understand your choice, and i personally think that it's always great to put some personality in fan-games! It's your world, so why not. :)

Well.. Ganondorf has a church organ. I think that pianos might also appear, but surely not in the role of central instrument. XD
You're lucky, a saxophone is rather more easy to put. :D

Well, i'm looking forward this project! ;D
Good luck!
Hahaha implementing a piano, as you say, is very complicated.
Link can't just take his piano and play it wherever he wants like an ocarina or something like that. However for me it's still weird seeing Link playing his saxophone haha.
Thanks for your comments dude!!

I observed the gameplay video; the engine is fairly solid and is coming along nicely so far.  Things I noticed from the video alone:

-Picking up a Heart does not restore a full heart container, but instead only restores half a heart.  Is this intentional?  If so, I recommend updating the item graphic to match this.
-Link waddles when walking down, due to alignment issues in the sprite.  Take a look at the icon next to my user name to get an idea of how the GBC style Link should animate.
-When you attack and hurt enemies, they do not flicker or flash white, and instead just have a "chink" animation appear over them.  Again, is this intentional?  Sprite flashing is a bit more of an indicator when dealing damage to an enemy.
-You didn't actually show if the sideview area functions like a true sideview, where if you walk off the ladder, Link will fall.  Is this a true side-view implemented engine, or does it work like Zelda 1, where there are invisible "walls" in the air?

That's all I have however, I'll keep an eye on this.
About the Hearts is intentional but you're right. If Link takes one of them he should recover an entire heart container. I'm already considering that.
The flashing of enemies is finished as I said before so when you check the trailer you'll see.

When I recorded the video the sideview area wasn't finished but now you can use the Roc's Feather to jump over the enemies and all the Super Mario things.
I didn't want to tell you but there will be new abilities for the sideview areas XD

And that's all. Thanks a lot for the comments.
Any doubt just let me know. Greetings sirs...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 03:23:10 pm by Donokron »
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2011, 03:11:53 am »
  • Master Of Disaster
Damn, nice of you to have my name in the game! ^^
But yeah, pretty solid engine you have there. Good luck once more :P
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 10:17:15 am by TomPel »

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni

FelipeD

Nothing...
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2011, 12:55:12 pm »
Damn, nice of you to have my name in the game! ^^
But yeah, pretty solid engine you have there. Good luck once more :P
Thanks dude!! Yeah... you're in the game and you'll give me something called Skull Key. Very important!!

Well I'm back with good news about the game.
All the path until the first dungeon is finished, with the dialogues, the history, getting the sword, etc.
Also, two enemies has been incorporated: Octorok and Bat so we've more variety of enemies now.

I want to comment the "Training room". There is an old wise man who will give you a stick. Then you've to use that to kill the octoroks and show off your talent as an hero. Once you've killed the enemies, you will get the Wooden Sword and will be able to go to the fields.
There's a screenshot

Link using a stick as sword!!

Well sirs... that's all.
Now I've to start to design the dungeons (6 more 2 optionals) so anything I'll let you know.
Greetings!!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 12:57:01 pm by Donokron »

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2011, 12:56:46 pm »
I'm back with good news about the game.
All the path until the first dungeon is finished, with the dialogues, the history, getting the sword, etc.
Also, two enemies has been incorporated: Octorok and Bat so we've more variety of enemies now.

I want to comment the "Training room". There is an old wise man who will give you a stick. Then you've to use that to kill the octoroks and show off your talent as an hero. Once you've killed the enemies, you will get the Wooden Sword and will be able to go to the fields.
There's a screenshot

Link using a stick as sword!!

Well sirs... that's all.
Now I've to start to design the dungeons (6 more 2 optionals) so anything I'll let you know.
Greetings!!

Haha I love it! Using a stick as a weapon in Zelda! I think that's pretty good. Keep up the good work?
  • Phoenix Heart

FelipeD

Nothing...
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2011, 01:16:28 pm »
Well, that's just the beginning. The old wise man needs to see if you can use something like a sword and nothing better than a stick XD

About the game, I've been adding some enemies and designing the first dungeon.
For the forest area I wanted to do something like "evil mushroom" or something like that so... there are the screenshots

As you can see, the first time you go to the forest you just will be equiped with the stick. Later you'll get the Wooden Sword.
I've to point out the Stick can't destroy the bushes.

And that's all, folks (as Bugs Bunny used to say). Greetings!!!
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2011, 02:00:03 pm »
Well, that's just the beginning. The old wise man needs to see if you can use something like a sword and nothing better than a stick XD

About the game, I've been adding some enemies and designing the first dungeon.
For the forest area I wanted to do something like "evil mushroom" or something like that so... there are the screenshots

As you can see, the first time you go to the forest you just will be equiped with the stick. Later you'll get the Wooden Sword.
I've to point out the Stick can't destroy the bushes.

And that's all, folks (as Bugs Bunny used to say). Greetings!!!

As always, great maps. The stick factor sounds really good to me, original and zelda-ish!
Also, that forest screen is great, again! Those killer mushrooms are just lovely. Their sprite is also very well done and fully Link's Awakening styled! And it is really difficult to give this feeling to sprites, so double compliments. I'm repetitive, I know, but graphically-wise your project shows incredible coherence and style!

Then we have a dungeon, with Tail Cave graphics... I'd just say that... some palette customization may be great there, just to remove a deep connession with Tail Cave, but that's not really a downside. :3
I guess it's linked with the graveyard and Tompel's house, right? I see a cabin with a key... and the dungeon, and the term "Skull Key". So is it a mausoleum or something like that? Just supposing.  XD
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 02:08:33 pm by Fallenstar »

FelipeD

Nothing...
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2011, 03:17:40 pm »
As always, great maps. The stick factor sounds really good to me, original and zelda-ish!
Also, that forest screen is great, again! Those killer mushrooms are just lovely. Their sprite is also very well done and fully Link's Awakening styled! And it is really difficult to give this feeling to sprites, so double compliments. I'm repetitive, I know, but graphically-wise your project shows incredible coherence and style!

Then we have a dungeon, with Tail Cave graphics... I'd just say that... some palette customization may be great there, just to remove a deep connession with Tail Cave, but that's not really a downside. :3
I guess it's linked with the graveyard and Tompel's house, right? I see a cabin with a key... and the dungeon, and the term "Skull Key". So is it a mausoleum or something like that? Just supposing.  XD
Thanks for the comments, dude. I'm working a lot on the game before losing the inspiration. That's very common XD

About weekend I've some news

- Added new enemy: Sword Darknut
- Added the first appearance of the "bad guy"
- Changed the tileset of the first dungeon for something more umm... cryptic
- Starting the code of Shop Engine
- Minigame "The Arena" finished (I think just the name says all what you need to know)

And that's all.
This week I could be able to upload the real Trailer so... there you'll see.
Re: [Video + Screens] TLoZ, The Midnight Radianc...
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2011, 12:57:55 am »
What "bad guy"?
Games that I support:

Forums that I am a member of:

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2011, 02:12:02 pm »
What "bad guy"?

Does this mean that there's going to be a unique bad guy in this story?
  • Phoenix Heart

FelipeD

Nothing...
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2011, 02:37:28 pm »
What "bad guy"?
Hahaha... not, absolutely not. This "bad guy" is the tipical wizard/witch/dark lord/etc who wants to awake/revive/bring back/or something like that to the evilest character (known as Ganon/Ganondorf/Vaati/Bellum).

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2011, 02:40:39 pm »
What "bad guy"?
Hahaha... not, absolutely not. This "bad guy" is the tipical wizard/witch/dark lord/etc who wants to awake/revive/bring back/or something like that to the evilest character (known as Ganon/Ganondorf/Vaati/Bellum).

Aw shame. Sucks to hear. Would've been awesome to have another unique bad guy in a fan game on ZFGC
  • Phoenix Heart
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 78 queries.

anything