Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Trailer] TLoZ, The Midnight Radiance (Updated: Jan 18th)  (Read 20609 times)

FelipeD

Nothing...
Re: [Video + Screens] TLoZ, The Midnight Radianc...
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2011, 02:47:49 pm »
What "bad guy"?
Does this mean that there's going to be a unique bad guy in this story?
Hahaha... not, absolutely not. This "bad guy" is the tipical wizard/witch/dark lord/etc who wants to awake/revive/bring back/or something like that to the evilest character (known as Ganon/Ganondorf/Vaati/Bellum).

Aw shame. Sucks to hear. Would've been awesome to have another unique bad guy in a fan game on ZFGC
No no no... please don't try to guess about the "bad guy" of the game.
That's what he wants but... I'm sure you'll be surprised when you could be able to play the game XD
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 02:56:40 pm by Donokron »

FelipeD

Nothing...
Re: [Video + Screens] TLoZ, The Midnight Radianc...
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2011, 02:05:23 pm »
The update of the day...

As I mentioned a few days ago, I changed the tileset of the first dungeon for something more gloomy so here you are.
You can see the "bad guy" of the game. Well, you can't see him because he's covered but that's how he looks at the beginning.

Also I aligned some sprites and changed the code of the sword (or the stick).

About progress... I added something like the Tiger Scrolls from MC so throughout the game you can find some new techniques (someones never seen before  :o )

Well, finally the screenshot

And that's all for today.
Greetings for all!!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 06:52:23 pm by Donokron »
Re: [New Screens] TLoZ, The Midnight Radiance (U...
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2011, 08:42:21 pm »
I am enjoying these so far.
Games that I support:

Forums that I am a member of:
Re: [New Screens] TLoZ, The Midnight Radiance (U...
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2011, 12:00:32 am »
I just can't get enough of these graphics. They are so nostalgic, so perfect!

I really hope the controls are as tight as on the GBC :)

FelipeD

Nothing...
Re: [Trailer] TLoZ, The Midnight Radiance (Updat...
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2011, 01:33:12 pm »

I dunno if the controls are as good as on the LA but now you can see some of playability on the trailer.

Sirs, as I posted a few days ago, finally the trailer is available on the first post so check it and please letme know your comments.

Now, about the game, I'm thinking to use this icon for the .exe

What do you think?? Which one you propose??
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 05:59:49 pm by Donokron »
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2011, 11:06:13 pm »

I dunno if the controls are as good as on the LA but now you can see some of playability on the trailer.

Sirs, as I posted a few days ago, finally the trailer is available on the first post so check it and please letme know your comments.

Now, about the game, I'm thinking to use this icon for the .exe

What do you think?? Which one you propose??

I've just seen the trailer and... well. I'd feel a little bit boring repeating myself. That's great. Possibly the biggest example of style i've ever seen from a fangame. You may find a cartridge with it and believe it is an original game from Nintendo. That trailer was the best christmas present I could wish for, as a zelda fan and a fangame developer myself.
And I personally love the idea of using LA's chest as the icon for the *exe. It just does fit, i cannot find a rational reason for this statement. XD

Just some little things:
 at 0:37 Link falls into an hole. When he comes back at the entrance of the room... it seems a bit fast, i'd probably add its "hurt" animation (the one with flashy red-yellow colors).
 aaand at 1:04... the jump animation is shown. I may suggest to increase the number of frames and its speed (for example doubling the times the player turns around in air during the somersault), so it may become more fluid!
 at the end the saxophone is showed! IT looks good (is it an edit from the flute of Oracle series, right? :P), but i'd suggest putting some transition from night to day, not just the backened screen. It would give importance to the timeshift and so on.
 and, finally, i've seen you did not use the "shifting screen transition" when going from an area to an adjacent one: I mean, that effect that goes on with GB games... you went for a fading. That's not necessarily bad, but i guess it feels a little strange. I can't say how much the "original" experience alters my judgement metre. I can only say i (personally) feel uneasy with it.

Basically i'm giving only graphics tips, but just for being constructively critical. And, by the way, i'm just nitpicking some minor issues... and being very meticolous.
I renew my praise for Midnight Radiance, and i quote myself from youtube:
"[Midnight Radiance] makes me feel nostalgic even if it is not a game i've played. And that's not just about graphics."
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 11:12:58 pm by Fallenstar »

Arcaith

Landscape Police
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2011, 10:47:05 am »
  • *ding*
I'm really impressed with what I've seen of this game so far; the atmosphere it sets is just lovely :3
*MooN*

FelipeD

Nothing...
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2011, 12:34:48 pm »
Thanks a lot for the comments!!
About the icon ummm... the chest won one vote so it's decided: The chest will be the icon of the .exe file (I like it too XD)
Now I'm fixing some gliches I found while I was recording the vids for the trailer. Nothing complicated btw.
Also I'm designing the bosses and I'm doing what I consider is the most complicated thing when you're creating a game: The dialogues.
So that's all.
Thank's, again, for the comments. I really appreciate it

FelipeD

Nothing...
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2012, 01:28:56 pm »
I'm back sirs!! And I bring some news.

I just finished the Sword Cave in which you'll get the mystical Wooden Sword ¬¬
This cave is just a little dungeon which you've to find some keys, press some buttons, etc. to get to the end. Something like the Hero's Cave from OOS/OOA.

Now, the screenshot of the day shows you the beautifull moment when you get the Wooden Sword (this time is in spanish)

I'm planning to upload a demo with a little dungeon (perhaps like the Sword Cave)
So that's all folks.
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2012, 05:59:54 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Dude, looks fab, as always.

Will there be an an option to play the game in Spanish? I need to brush up on mine, and would love to practice it while playing your game.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 02:54:53 am by Donotfeedthemax »

FelipeD

Nothing...
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2012, 09:04:51 pm »
Dude, looks fab, as always.

Will there ban an option to play the game in Spanish? I need to brush up on mine, and would love to practice it while playing your game.
Thanks dude!!
Now answering your question ummm... yes, there will be an option to change the language. Nevertheless this option won't be at the beginning. It will be available in the items menu so you'll be able to change the language to spanish/english whenever you want.
Btw I'm changing the menu items because I need more space to show the description of some items.
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2012, 08:47:31 pm »
  • I'm so bad I'm good.
This looks really great so far, it seems to follow the design of the GB games very nicely. I hope to see the further advancement of this game.
The concept of the slighty transparent item menu is nice too.
I'll be working on this later, I imagine... So for now, have fun just looking at this.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 62 queries.

anything