Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Snakes on a Plane is rated...  (Read 1679 times)

Snakes on a Plane is rated...
« on: August 12, 2006, 01:26:27 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
R for language, a scene of sexuality, and some other stuff.

So what do you guys think of this?  I think that they've excluded the only audience dumb enough to make this into a summer blockbuster (the 13-17 audience)... and I think it'll show.

Actually I'd like to see it, aside from all the stupid hype based off of virtually no information released about the movie (until the new trailer that came out yesterday).

So we'll see how it does.  My opinion?  It'll probably be a flop, and probably suck.  But we'll see, won't we? :)
Re: Snakes on a Plane is rated...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 03:43:33 am »
Another person who doesn't get it.

Snakes on a Plane was virtually unknown, then the internet got hold of it and things went nuts. The director feared that the name may create the opposite effect of what they wanted and tried to change it to "Pacific Air Flight 121" or something. Samual L. Jackson insisted on the name and threatened to quit if it wasn't changed back. From there the director began listening to the fans, and personally, I think he began retailoring the movie to fit their expectations. They even did a five day reshoot to add gore and dialogue that fans hoped to hear.

As for being good, that's hardly the idea anymore. I really think that Snakes is going for the popcorn movie feel and not worried about anything else. People are going to watch it, jump at some parts, laugh at others, they're going to have fun. It's pretty much going to be a fun B-movie and it's going to make plenty.

As for the no-information part, we've been given plenty. The only thing I don't know is how they get the snakes on the plane  :P
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html

tippz

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 03:49:16 am »
R for language, a scene of sexuality, and some other stuff.

So what do you guys think of this?  I think that they've excluded the only audience dumb enough to make this into a summer blockbuster (the 13-17 audience)... and I think it'll show.

Actually I'd like to see it, aside from all the stupid hype based off of virtually no information released about the movie (until the new trailer that came out yesterday).

So we'll see how it does.  My opinion?  It'll probably be a flop, and probably suck.  But we'll see, won't we? :)

because R ratings stop teenagers from seeing movies! wait... nope... they don't...
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 03:51:30 am »
I really want to see it with a bunch of friends.  Been looking forward to it.  It's been hyped so much though, it probably will flop!   ;D
"May the innovation be with you."

www.guffa.smf4free.com

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 03:57:58 am »
  • b e p i s
Oh, I've known from the beginning that Snakes on a Plane will either be hilarious or totally suck. Which I guess means it will be hilarious either way.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 04:47:31 am »
  • Huzzowee!
Luckily I live in Quebec where everything is rated one level lower than it should. I'm fairly certain that Miami Vice deserved something higher than PG-13. :P.
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 12:13:51 am »
Luckily I live in Quebec where everything is rated one level lower than it should. I'm fairly certain that Miami Vice deserved something higher than PG-13. :P.
Yes, yes it should have.

because R ratings stop teenagers from seeing movies! wait... nope... they don't...
You'll note that most 13-15 year olds don't go to R rated movies at theatres (especially since they've gotten more strict with ID), so as for box office sales: it'll unquestionably hurt it.

They even did a five day reshoot to add gore and dialogue that fans hoped to hear.
You've just confirmed that the last Hollywood taboo has been broken, lol.  I'm so scared :P
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 01:25:27 am »
Actually the last taboo is not screening it for critics, which they haven't. SoaP rocks my socks.
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 02:19:12 am »
Actually the last taboo is not screening it for critics, which they haven't. SoaP rocks my socks.
Nah, plenty of movies don't have pre-screenings for critics.

tippz

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 02:38:11 am »
You'll note that most 13-15 year olds don't go to R rated movies at theatres (especially since they've gotten more strict with ID), so as for box office sales: it'll unquestionably hurt it.

Around here they do. Most kids will either go with their dads or with a friends parents. Or they can just sneak in, though I suppose that supports your point that it will hurt ticket sales... I don't know, but if people want to see it I'm telling you that kids are going to see it...
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2006, 03:35:00 am »
Nah, plenty of movies don't have pre-screenings for critics.

Yeah and how many end up being good? Aeon Flux...Alien Vs. Predator...Resident Evil...Alone in the Dark...the Fog.

At least nobody is really hoping for Snakes to be a "good" movie, and another bonus is that it's not killing any franchises like the ones mentioned above.
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 03:59:25 am »
Well it was a remake...and it kinda killed any chance of a sequel to the original. Remakes tend to do that for some reason. Not exactly a franchise, but it did tarnish a name.
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2006, 05:16:14 pm »
Yeah and how many end up being good?
Apart from piracy, that's the only reason that they wouldn't pre-screen it is because: it sucked, and they don't want the word spread around just yet.
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2006, 05:36:08 pm »
Well Ellis said he wanted "the fans to see it first". Sounds like mumbo-jumbo, but either way, being good or not is hardly the point in this case.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 66 queries.