Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: The Project Zelda Engine (aka Zelda Starter Kit)! [with Screenshots & video!]  (Read 116655 times)

Re: The Project Zelda Engine (aka Zelda Starter ...
« Reply #120 on: February 09, 2013, 08:41:47 am »
Yes, indeed they are planning that. Look up their website. :)
I know, I figured that out after joining the site and looking around. XD

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #121 on: February 09, 2013, 08:56:54 am »
  • You can find me on Deviantart to! :D
To be honest this is revolutionary \(^.^)/
I joined for the sake of an engine i saw on the forum, it got me quite excited to see it in use! I had found this forum some while before that, but it is only now that i see the pure awesomeness of it! XD

I cant wait to see some fanmade zelda games, nevertheless support the ones who program them :D I sure can cheer people up!

My profile picture is Tonae, a character from my fanfic. She is a sheikah, who are teamed up with Link against her will to restore the balance of time. She is named after my aunts username in Guildwars 2. They have a guild called Hellfire bunnies.

Heres my Deviantart: http://arceusrules98.deviantart.com/

Wiki page:http://wiki.zfgc.com/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Time_Collapse
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2013, 11:05:11 am »
Hello dear people! The last 2 months, my team is not focusing on new features, but rather expand the existing tools, mechanisms and apply bug fixes to the Project Zelda Engine.

Here is a general list of what was done just in the past few weeks:

#-----------------------   DONE   ----------------------- #
---[DONE]Add the Roc's Cape. It functions exactly like the Roc's Feather (The Roc's Feather's functions as the following: jump and land back on the same tile if not walking, or jump 1 tiles forward if walking). The only difference between Roc's Cape and Roc's Feather is just it jumps 1-2 additional tiles forwards if walking.
---[DONE]Trowing Shrubs into deep water, will sink them. However, throwing rocks into water, will break them on water's surface instead of sinking them. This needs to be corrected. Rocks could sink into water much like the shrubs, instead of breaking.
---[DONE]Add the Mermaid's Suit. It functions exactly the same way as the Zora's Flippers. And, much like the Zora's Flippers, it uses the Link[7]_SWIM sprite. The only difference between Zora's Flippers and Mermaid's Suit is the speed. The Suit allows Link to swim faster in water, and more specifically, at the default (Link's walking) speed.
---[DONE]Make the Water Diving System be enabled via a Switch, in the same way the Water Swimming System is enabled/disabled via the [Switch ID 18: Swimming Active].
---[DONE]Create the new World Map that reflects the PZE's maps and their geographical locations.
---[DONE]Epona Footstep sound, as heard in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Epona's footsteps sound effect adds more realism. (Scripting or eventing knowledge needed)
---[DONE]Update the Visual Equipment so the equipment won't disappear for pretty simple sprites such as Link[7]_PUSH[2], which can not explain the equipment's disappearanc.
---[DONE]Give the Dark World and the Past World, their own World Maps. There are more than 1 world visitable in the PZE: the real world, known as Light World, where the Hero is born and lives, and 2 more worlds/dimensions: the Dark World (visitable in the title: Zelda A Link to the Past) and the Past World (visitable in the title: Zelda Oracle of Ages). The World Map Menu Screen however only displays the Light World's map at all times. And since the other worlds may not be geographically 100% the same, they need to be given their own World maps.
---[DONE]Make the Ground Roll Technique to be enabled/disabled via a simple Switch (The switch to apply only for Link's real Human form - not for Masks). Its possible that the gamers may not want the ground rolling technique in their games, at all, or, simply, they may want to have Link to be an unskilled adventurer at the beginning of his adventure and learn this cool technique later in the game.
---[DONE]Make the Sword Spin Attack/Charge Technique to be enabled/disabled via a Switch or something like that. Its possible that the gamers may not want those advanced combat techniques in their games, at all, or, simply, they may want to have Link to be an unskilled fighter at the beginning of his adventure and learn those techniques later in the game.
---[DONE]Give the Earth Temple's map a layout. Make the rooms of the dungeon be arranged in an way so the temple is shaped after a symbol of Earth.
---[DONE]The Ocarina's Soaring System needs to be disabled when Link is in Dark World and Past World.
---[DONE]Disable the Ocarina's Song of Time's Travel (a Majora's Mask feature) when Link is in Dark/Past Worlds.
---[DONE]Move the Animation ID 619 which is clearly an animation used only by Link, from Events Group to Link's Group. Also, in case the animation ID 618 is used by Link again, then, it must be moved to Link's group.
---[DONE]Add the slippery Ice Terrain to the PZE. If Link steps on ice, he could slip all the way until he is stopped by an impassable tile/event.
---[DONE]Try add the 'push' effect to the Cane of Somaria's pushable Block. In fact, a "push" is Link's _PUSH sprite which is used mostly when Link is trying to move objects and blocks in the game's world.

Soon we will post more info about the awesome Ice Slipping feature we added to the Project Zelda Engine! The player will slip in ice if he try to step onto a tile of frozen ice! This can be funny but also quite dangerous sometimes, especially if there are holes or traps in the floor!
Enjoy! :)
Create, Share and Play your own Zelda 2D games with the Updated Project Zelda Engine!
The official website here: projectzeldaengine.freeforums.net
Download it here: www.rpgrevolution.com
Download it here: www.rmrk.net
Download it here: www.rmxpunlimited.net
Download it here: www.creationasylum.net
Download it here: www.zfgc.com

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2013, 01:31:10 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Hmm...

This is pretty nice. I might just use this in the future for an idea I have in mind...

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

WolfPupLink

Wolf Pup Link
« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2013, 10:36:27 pm »
  • An aspiring designer and writer.
When is the 4th patch going to be available?

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2013, 10:29:07 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
This is all absolutely fantastic!!!!
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2013, 02:23:46 pm »
Yay it got more attention :D But why is the pze forum down?
I joined for the sake of an engine i saw on the forum, it got me quite excited to see it in use! I had found this forum some while before that, but it is only now that i see the pure awesomeness of it! XD

I cant wait to see some fanmade zelda games, nevertheless support the ones who program them :D I sure can cheer people up!

My profile picture is Tonae, a character from my fanfic. She is a sheikah, who are teamed up with Link against her will to restore the balance of time. She is named after my aunts username in Guildwars 2. They have a guild called Hellfire bunnies.

« Reply #127 on: May 07, 2013, 12:11:34 pm »
Excellent news everyone: Our team is back to full work and our scripters have dealt with over 30+ bugs in only a matter of days. This is a stunning amount of progress that I have a long time to see.

Soon more info to be posted about the new features of PZE!
Create, Share and Play your own Zelda 2D games with the Updated Project Zelda Engine!
« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2013, 02:57:30 pm »
Hello dear people!

it has been a while since the last update has been posted in the forums!

We are proud today to announce to everyone that we have done a nice amount of work lately on Project Zelda Engine and we we fixed over 45+ bugs in the engine, and we added over 10+ new features to it!. :)

I won't list all the bugs here as there are too many. I want to focus on the most exciting part of our work on the PZE: the new features!

========================================================

Feature 1: The Bottle System
Dear people, the Bottle System has been finished! Now all the 6 bottles work perfectly and can carry content for you, such as liquids, potions, poisons, water, juices, fishes, fairies, mushrooms, and many other things!

Link drinking a Green Potion which refills his Magic Meter.

Feature 2: Multilingual Support
The PZE became a multilingual engine where people of different languages can play their most favorite games in their language! The Language option is designed to help the people, regardless of language!

The Language Menu can be found in the File Selection Menu of the Main Title Screen:

We added over 4 languages already which really work!

The Multi-language support has been expanded to Hermes Message Script, to allow people use advanced text formatting features in their translations. :) Also the names of the maps in the game will appear in that language set by the player (for example the English name 'Kakariko Village' will update to the German 'Dorf Kakariko', and so on)

Feature 3: Ammo Cap Variables for all Weapons!
The Ammunition Cap Variables for all the weapons and items have been added! Now, with those simple but extremely useful caps, you can define how much the ammo holding capacity increases when you receive Bomb Bags, Rupee Wallets and Arrow Quivers, etc.

The Ammo Variable caps can be found in the GAME SETUP common event.

Feature 4: Hotkey Markers & Equipment Markers!
The Hotkey Markers: When assigning an weapon or item from the Inventory, (such as the Bow or the Bomb or other items), to the A, S or D hotkeys (which are widely known as the C-Buttons in most Zelda games), a circular mark will tag it. This Hotkey Marker acts merely as a reminder so and lets the people see easier which items are hotkeyed and in which hotkey, each of them (A, S or D). The Hotkey Markers system applies to Inventory Screen and Masks Screen.

Here is a nice example of the yellow Hotkey Markers which appear under the assigned (to A, S and D hotkeys), items, masks or weapons:

The Hotkey Markers work on all items in the inventory, regardless of if they are multi-hotkeyed or not. Certain items such as the Harp of Ages, which allow to be multi-hotkeyed to more than one hotkey, will be marked accordingly, with the respective Hotkey Markers:

The Equipment Markers: The Equipment Markers only appear on the items that CANNOT be hotkeyed to A, S, D buttons, such as the Sword (which goes straight to Sword Button), the shields (Shield Button) and all other passive items such as tunics and boots, etc..

The Equipment Markers only applies to the Equipment Screen:

Feature 5: Swap Link's Sprites!
I guess many people loved the Minish Cap's Link for his smooth animations and the well-detailed spritesets we saw in The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap. And so, with the team we decided to add a special script - or you can call it a Switch - which allows the gamers to switching to the Link of their liking. For now, we will offer you just the option to switch between PZE Link and Minish Cap Link. But you can use this system for your own ambitions/plans, and change the spritesets to suit your game's needs (e.g make it swap between a Link wearing adventure clothes, and a Link wearing village clothes, or between an Adult Link and a young Link!)

Swapping Link's charsets with a simple click...

Feature 6: Chapter Pages!
Everyone could know by now, that the PZE features that memorable black screen with the white message about First, Second, and Final Days that was in display every 24 hours and so, in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask game. However, in PZE, we went a step ahead and decided to expand its features.

A new script extension now allows the people to print a blank screen with a chapter name and a message. This is a very useful feature for those who could like to emphasize on a role playing story in their Zelda games where the story is divided into "chapters" (e.g. Chapter 1: The Adventure Begins").

Here is a screenshot of the Chapter System:

Feature 7: Dynamic Map Slide!
This is a brand new feature we added to the PZE, in addition to the ones we already have in the engine. Unlike the old ones, this new feature allows you to connect 2 or more maps, without having to put any effort to update your maps, at all. And there is no longer a need for any events or teleport events to be added in the maps, at all.
All the map connections are handed through an external script file within PZE, known as DynamicMap.txt.

So, if in the past you tried to import maps from one game to another (PZE version update for example), you'd have noticed that all your events with map ID were wrong or broken. And to fix this, you was obliged to change all <mapslide> events, all teleport events, and so on... That is very annoying! So here we come with this very useful Dynamic Map Slide feature, which allows you to handle all map connections in your game via this simple .txt file.

The Dynamic Map Slide dynamically links a map's edge with the edges of the other maps:

Hope you liked the new features! More features to come soon! Stay tuned! :)

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #129 on: June 03, 2013, 10:05:55 am »
Every time y'all post something I get more and more intrigued...

This is fantastic, by the way. :3

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #130 on: June 04, 2013, 01:03:21 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Wow!...  No really.  Wow!  The amount of stuff being put into this is jaw droppingly amazing!  Great work.  I am very excited for this progress!
« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2013, 03:06:48 pm »
Hello again! More news from our good work in the Project Zelda Engine! These improvements/additions are the final ones before we move to Enemies/Monsters development.

Feature 1: The Big Events System
Dear people do you remember those big rocks we saw in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and other titles?

Big Rocks:

Well, we added a new feature to the PZE, called the Big Events System. The Big Events System allows us to create big rocks (or statues if you want, it doesn't matter what) much like the ones we saw in those official Zelda titles! The Big Rocks can be double or triple in size than the usual 1x1 rocks and can cover a much bigger area on the overworld map that can surpass (in size) the standard 1x1 rocks! The Big Rocks can be set and be lifted with the proper gloves/braceletes too!

Big Rocks in PZE:

Feature 2: The Game Pause Screen
Everyone can pause the game by using the Item Inventory Menu (ESC key), if he, for some reason, wants a break from the game or/and has to go away from keyboard. But some people will prefer a real Pause Screen that *literally* pauses ANYTHING in the game! Even the engine's clock which counts how long have you played the entire game!

Hehe, I think the Game Pause Screen is a very useful feature for these hardcore gamers around there who could like to play a Zelda game in a speedrun (aka Speedy Playthrough)!

To pause the game, press F12 on the keyboard.

Feature 3: Improvements to Guard Detection System

There have been several improvements to the Guard Detection System which allows for easier development and use on a map! We also updated the theme of the particular example map in the PZE, from Village Prison theme to Hyrule Castle theme! I am sure people will really like to play a sneak & hide game with the guards in the castle's courtyards.

Feature 4: Better sprites for Epona, the Link's Horse!

We all loved a cute friend of Link, the female horse called Epona. Epona is faithful to her master and accompanies him in his travels. Couldn't she deserve much better sprites than the ones currently given to her? Of course yes!
The new sprites are ALTTP-styled, and have been heavily modified and rescalled to fit the Zelda starter kit. All credits will be given to the original creator!

Feature 5: Item Throw Shadow Marker!

Some of us the gamers may have been wondering how far can Link throw the stuff he is holding in his hands. Or, at least, where could the stuff exactly fall if Link throws them away. So here we come with the Item Throw Marker! This new feature shows the gamers the estimated destination for the thrown shrub, jar, rock, etc in the form of a shadow in the ground. Very useful for the gamers, so they can plan accordingly! (especially if they want to kill enemies by throwing objects at them!)

--------------------------------------

Soon we will announce our progress on enemy development! Stay tuned! :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 10:35:13 pm by SilentResident »
« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2013, 04:50:13 pm »
  • Personal Saucier
Excellent looking stuff!

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2013, 10:09:36 am »
More and more intrigued... as I said last time.

• Mirby Studios

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #134 on: June 15, 2013, 10:01:09 pm »
I am so excited XD Can't wait to see the progress on enemy development :D

« Reply #135 on: June 25, 2013, 10:50:16 pm »
  • It's just Max.
The Project Zelda Engine Update Patch 4 works perfectly and you can play this instead. You wont have any problems!:
Download Link to PZE UP4
http://www.mediafire.com/?bb1lj3g10t2vyal

Many players already tried this (still in early stage) Update Patch 4 and everyone loved it! ;)

Hey!

I saw this on like the first page of this forum or something, and before I download it I was wondering what all it did/didn't include. I think my biggest question is, if I download this and start creating a game with it, how will that affect my experience when the complete UP4 is finished? How easy is it to transfer a game from this beta to the final version / will this adversely affect the downloading and installation of the final version?

I suppose if it won't affect the final version of UP4, then I can figure out myself which features are included :p

« Reply #136 on: June 29, 2013, 04:03:17 am »
Hello peeps! I'm happy to announce that we moved to Enemies/Monsters development. We already did 3 new monsters in PZE, with very promising results! In meantime...

Feature: The Particle Effects System

As we proceed with the enemy development, we realized something. That several of Link's magical weapons were lacking some nice visual effects.

And so, with the team, we, at same time with the monster development, worked on adding a Particle Effects System which allows for the improvement of Link's magical weapon visuals and effects! Weapons such as the Magic Arrows, the Magic Rods, and even the Pegasus Boots, now look much much more realistic, than before!
The PZE's new Particle Effects System is pretty flexible, and can be configured to suit everyone's tastes! It also allows you to add or remove certain particle effects on/from your favorite weapons! And the best of all: it doesn't affect your game's performance, at all!

The Particle Effects System is very flexible and the people can use it or ignore it in their own Zelda games! So people who don't want or don't like the particles on weapons, in their games, can simply completely ignore it.

The Particle Effects System can not only be used on Link's weapons, but also anywhere in the game's world, such as for explosions, for torches, for enemies, or whatever! The only limit, here, is your fantasy!

Enjoy and have fun!

Soon, we will post the details of the new 4 monsters with very unique behaviors and attack patterns!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 12:35:02 pm by SilentResident »
« Reply #137 on: June 29, 2013, 04:06:05 am »
The Project Zelda Engine Update Patch 4 works perfectly and you can play this instead. You wont have any problems!:
Download Link to PZE UP4
http://www.mediafire.com/?bb1lj3g10t2vyal

Many players already tried this (still in early stage) Update Patch 4 and everyone loved it! ;)

Hey!

I saw this on like the first page of this forum or something, and before I download it I was wondering what all it did/didn't include. I think my biggest question is, if I download this and start creating a game with it, how will that affect my experience when the complete UP4 is finished? How easy is it to transfer a game from this beta to the final version / will this adversely affect the downloading and installation of the final version?

I suppose if it won't affect the final version of UP4, then I can figure out myself which features are included :p

Well, if you are new in it, i suggest that you get the demo just for learning how the engine functions ^^. It is better that you wait for the final version if you want to make your game, as the final version may have several changes on scripts and functions, which may be incompatible with older versions of the game. :)
« Reply #138 on: June 29, 2013, 08:02:20 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Cool, thanks Silent Resident. Where might I find the demo, or do you mean there's a demo in that old version of UP4 from the first page of this topic to test play?
« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2013, 05:07:21 am »
Cool, thanks Silent Resident. Where might I find the demo, or do you mean there's a demo in that old version of UP4 from the first page of this topic to test play?

Here is an old demo of the upcoming PZE 4.0 for the people to test the features of the promising PZE 4.0:

You will be able to test some of the new features in the engine, in this demo, but to note that these features may have been improved further or changed, in the meantime, as the development on the engine continues.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/97c85fw7di4czp6/XAS+3.91+-+Project+Zelda+Engine.rar
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 78 queries.