Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A 'teaser' for my WIP original  (Read 2051 times)

A 'teaser' for my WIP original
« on: July 29, 2008, 04:13:53 am »
  • Drop down and give me 9000!
Well I am currently working on a new track, taking a break from remixing for awhile and trying something totally original.

It has no name yet and so far I've done the intro, 1:30 is a fair effort for an intro so prepare for a lengthy track overall ;). You can either download it here or listen to it on my new myspace solo project.

I'm not sure if it's got a slight hint of ambience but I am really having a lot of fun putting together this track, as this is the first time I've actually worked hard to make something actually 'work' I'm rather happy with the outcome. This is probably my heaviest song in history, and by far the best written. This may help with my vgremixes as I'm gaining better understanding on mixing and mastering.

In case you were wondering here is the Equipment Used:
- Amps: VOX Valvetronix AD30VT running into a Marshall MG Series 50DFX(it has bad tone with distortion and such, not a great amp but great speakers..I think I'm using this like a cab :P)
- Recording Device: Tapco LINK.usb audio interface
- Music software used: Cakewalk Music Creator 3, Audacity.
- rgc:audio sfz+ soundfont plugin
- Cygnus VSTi plugin (An excellent experimental set of ambient and spacey sounds, free plugin found here)
- Cakewalk Studio Instruments VSTi plugin: Bass guitar.
- Guitar: ESP Ltd Viper-50

Enjoy :).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 01:53:58 am by HyperKnight32 »
I like potato.
  • My Myspace
Re: A 'teaser' for my WIP original
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 09:28:26 pm »
  • Resident Bum
it sounds really good.  i wish i had the right equipment to record stuff.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 09:43:06 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
wow that absolutly amazing, im gonna have to keep an ear out in your direction...

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 01:11:42 am »
it sounds really good.  i wish i had the right equipment to record stuff.
It's not that hard really, with music software becoming more affordable at lower prices and increasing in quality it just takes time to look around.
wow that absolutly amazing, im gonna have to keep an ear out in your direction...
Thanks, I'll keep you all posted ;).

Glad you guys liked what I've done so far. I probably won't have the need to upgrade the sound because I'm satisfied with the quality, next step would be a band and I know a guy who owns a recording studio, he'll be very interested with hearing from me.
I like potato.
  • My Myspace
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 03:01:13 pm »
during the slides, at about 45-50, can i suggest bending during the slides? :p
[...The mystery of wireless, revealed...]

[...Ninjas...]

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 03:05:32 pm »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
Reminded me of metroid, which is good. You rock man.
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 01:11:54 pm »
during the slides, at about 45-50, can i suggest bending during the slides? :p
I think I get what you're at there, I think it's called a vibrato, it adds a bit more expression to the sound with the bending and such. Well the melody there now has slightly changed but it's flowing nicely, I didn't really think of putting a bit of bend into the slides but thanks for the suggestion ;).
Reminded me of metroid, which is good. You rock man.
Thanks, glad you liked it :), I didn't realise it had a slight Metroid vibe until you said that, I do love the music from that game, the ambience and the melody is just hauntingly superb.

Also after listening over and over again I noticed the bass drum wasn't exactly great sounding, it was rather muffled and it was not so clear. I just replaced the kick with a different drumkit which had a lot more punch and cleanliness to it. After this song is comp
I like potato.
  • My Myspace
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 02:20:41 pm »
This sounds pretty awesome. The only thing I can suggest is mabye making the release of the background chords a bit sharper? To me it seems like there's just a little too much resonance after the note ends. Give it a try, it might not work but it could :P.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 12:18:38 am »
Thanks for that Darklight, not sure if I am able to however, the VSTi I'm using for that is rather complicated and confusing. It is a spacey/ambient type instrument with heaps of presets, I might be able to find a similar sound with better release and less resonance.

I really haven't had time to work on this due to my new job, but when I'm not working and have that creative spark I shall continue with this ;).
I like potato.
  • My Myspace
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 56 queries.