Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Link's Awakening Discussion Topic  (Read 1642 times)

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
Link's Awakening Discussion Topic
« on: February 21, 2009, 03:22:10 pm »
So we've all played LA or LADX right? We've seen the ending where Marin appears as a seagull is flying around. There is great speculation on whether Marin is the seagull and if Koholint really was a dream.

My theory is different from both, and it shoots down the seagull and real Koholint theory. The Wind Fish, at the end of the game, says this:

BUT, VERILY, IN BE THE NATURE OF DREAMS TO END! WHEN I DOST AWAKEN,
            KOHOLINT WILL BE GONE... ONLY THE MEMORY OF THIS DREAM LAND WILL
            EXIST IN THE WAKING WORLD... SOMEDAY, THOU MAY RECALL THIS ISLAND...
            THAT MEMORY MUST BE THE REAL DREAM WORLD... ... ... ... ...

The Wind Fish himself says Koholint will be gone, but he also says it will exist in memory. There goes the real Koholint theory. The other thing I would like to point out is that the picture of Marin at the end of the game is a result of Link remembering her, and not a result of her wish to be a seagull.

Opinions? This is an open discussion topic, remember. If you have a theory of your own, why not present it?
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
Re: Link's Awakening Discussion Topic
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 05:40:54 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
Whilst I wish I could disagree, I think you're right. This has been my theory for a while. I loved Koholint, all the evidence points to it having existed as part of Link/The Wind Fish's dream. As such Marin wouldn't have existed. Personally I think that she was Links memories of Zelda manifest on the island (He mistakes her for Zelda at the beginning I think).

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 10:42:59 pm »
  • Silly cat!
When I played Link's Awakening, which I did last year for the first time (so I didn't grow up with the game), I got the impression that Koholint Island was all a dream, the same was all of Phantom Hourglass was. I always found the idea that Marin turned into a seagull to be a little stupid, because I don't remember seeing any evidence in the game that she wanted to be a seagull. If anything, the seagull is the spirit of Aryll looking over a different Link (that would be friggin' cool).

So I assume Marin was apart of the dream too, and she probably existed in the real world as Malon, or Zelda. Just a manifestation in Link's head.

It's cool that the Wind Fish is so poetic, though.

Hoffy.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 03:44:18 am »
  • The Mike
I still have yet to play this game. It's the only Zelda game I haven't played and it's really starting to bug me. I need to get a copy of this game or at least borrow it from a friend if possible.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 06:27:32 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I always found the idea that Marin turned into a seagull to be a little stupid, because I don't remember seeing any evidence in the game that she wanted to be a seagull.

I haven't played the game in a long time, but isn't that exactly what happens?  IIRC, Marin is talking about other lands beyond the sea and she wants to [be a seagull?] …I dunno.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 06:36:45 am by Shefali »

Jeod

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 01:23:52 pm »
She says if she were a seagull she would explore the world.

Yubel, I can "get" you Link's Awakening...though it's not hard to find it yourself.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Jeod

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 05:07:06 am »
Revival! I thought of some other things to speculate, such as the cultivation of Koholint. If it were really a dream world, then that dream world would be composed of experiences or imaginations from the minds of Link and the Wind Fish. So to begin the theory, I'm going to start on parallels:

Kanalet Castle is unmistakably a smaller version of LttP's Hyrule Castle. It is the only Hyrule Castle that has access to a balcony, and Kanalet also has access to a balcony.

Turtle Rock is a memory of Link's previous journey. The 7th dungeon in LttP was Turtle Rock, and was probably the most difficult for Link. (Or some other reason that made it stick out in his mind)

The trees around the Seashell Mansion are Dark World trees. A fragment from Link's memory of the Dark World in LttP, perhaps.

It is hard to speak for the Wind Fish, as he has almost no backstory on his travels.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 04:33:05 pm »
  • The Mike
She says if she were a seagull she would explore the world.

Yubel, I can "get" you Link's Awakening...though it's not hard to find it yourself.
Around here it's hard to find. It's not in any places that sell used games. If you were, would you get me a copy? XD

• Zelda Eternity

Jeod

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 04:50:44 pm »
You got any instant messengers?

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 05:12:14 pm »
  • The Mike
You got any instant messengers?
I have Windows Live and Gmail.

• Zelda Eternity

Jeod

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2009, 05:13:02 pm »
Alright, then hit me up on live. Jeodcripto@yahoo.com

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 11:05:32 pm »
Haha this topic could get pretty deep. LA is one of my favorite Zelda games. I think when you're asking this question, you have to define what your perception on reality is. I feel like according to what the Wind Fish said, Koholint was real at one point. By real, I mean that anyone could access it. Yes it may be a dream of his, but in terms of mankind, what is real to us is that what we an touch, feel see and live in. Koholint was a fully working society filled with several different species, forms of food and drink and habitats. Link may not have been the only visitor, and because of that, we cannot be sure if it was all in his head. I feel, however, that what the Wind Fish alludes to is that that island will be a legend. I think the real question is what the Wind Fish is capable of creating and to what degree he can do so. If he created all that is Koholint, then is he not considered a God? His power would rival that of the three Goddesses who created Hyrule. What exactly makes him different? And knowing that, who's to say that Hyrule is nothing more than a dream thus making Koholint a dream within a dream. Haha I'm going to stop rambling now. But, given the information at hand and comparing Hyrule and its creation to Koholint and its creation, I feel Koholint was, what we would consider, real and thriving.
  • My Photostream

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 05:18:42 am »
  • Silly cat!
Haha this topic could get pretty deep. LA is one of my favorite Zelda games. I think when you're asking this question, you have to define what your perception on reality is. I feel like according to what the Wind Fish said, Koholint was real at one point. By real, I mean that anyone could access it. Yes it may be a dream of his, but in terms of mankind, what is real to us is that what we an touch, feel see and live in. Koholint was a fully working society filled with several different species, forms of food and drink and habitats. Link may not have been the only visitor, and because of that, we cannot be sure if it was all in his head. I feel, however, that what the Wind Fish alludes to is that that island will be a legend. I think the real question is what the Wind Fish is capable of creating and to what degree he can do so. If he created all that is Koholint, then is he not considered a God? His power would rival that of the three Goddesses who created Hyrule. What exactly makes him different? And knowing that, who's to say that Hyrule is nothing more than a dream thus making Koholint a dream within a dream. Haha I'm going to stop rambling now. But, given the information at hand and comparing Hyrule and its creation to Koholint and its creation, I feel Koholint was, what we would consider, real and thriving.

That's interesting. I like you're way of thinking.

There needs to be another Zelda game with Koholint in it.

Hoffy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 63 queries.