Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPhone Applications  (Read 1575 times)

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
iPhone Applications
« on: February 24, 2009, 12:23:10 am »
I don't own an iPhone, so I have no idea where to go with this. What I do know is that recently I've heard more and more about homebrew apps for the iPhone, and that common programmers made them and made business from them.

Programmer? Hey, that's me!

So basically I wanted to find some info on this "homebrew app" stuff and see what I could do. But here's the catch: the internet is a dangerous place, especially for something I know nothing about. So this is why the topic exists. I want a quality source of info from the members here who actually OWN an iPhone or make apps for it.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
Re: iPhone Applications
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 12:35:13 am »
Apple website gave me the goods. Sucks that I need a Mac for the SDK though...
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 03:08:11 am »
  • Oh.
Apple website gave me the goods. Sucks that I need a Mac for the SDK though...

I've been doing it through VMWare for the past week or so.  Works fine, as far as I can tell.  I've been making a few test apps and damn, objective C is ugly.  Anyway, it's a simple interface.  The only gripe I have about it is that I can't test my apps on my physical iPod Touch without purchasing a $100 dollar license- the same license you need to publish your app on the Appstore.
Hm.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 10:53:44 pm »
I was pretty interested in this as well. Those Digg articles about a kid making thousands of dollars for making "fart" apps for the iPhone can do that. I used my cousins MacBook to get it, and we made something really simple. So next my brother and I tried to install Mac OSX on his new dell laptop so we could get it too and have other mac stuff. Didn't work out so well though, mac didn't install, windows decided to be a !@#$% and not start up or even allow a reinstallation after reformatting, so yeah.. I wish we used VMWare instead..
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 07:01:30 pm »
I was pretty interested in this as well. Those Digg articles about a kid making thousands of dollars for making "fart" apps for the iPhone can do that. I used my cousins MacBook to get it, and we made something really simple. So next my brother and I tried to install Mac OSX on his new dell laptop so we could get it too and have other mac stuff. Didn't work out so well though, mac didn't install, windows decided to be a !@#$% and not start up or even allow a reinstallation after reformatting, so yeah.. I wish we used VMWare instead..

Ow, !@#$%. I wouldn't even try to use a laptop as a Hackintosh.

Anyway, you could always do actual homebrew and program unofficially using the Toolchain for Windows. For more information, I'd check this out as well as any iPod touch fansites.

Try Googling for "jailbreak" as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 47 queries.