Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE!!!  (Read 2293 times)

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE!!!
« on: May 09, 2009, 08:28:08 pm »
So I picked up the Collector's Disc for Gamecube today in order to play MM again. After getting the Ocarina, I traveled to the Swap and proceeded to do what was neccessary to get into the dungeon. Upon completing the dungeon, I got myself the Scent Mask, and went back for the Bremen's Mask and the Great Fairy's Mask. Then I warped back to Woodfall and cleaned house, gathering all stray fairies from the temple. (All this took about 3 hours for me; I had used the inverted SOT) So I went to get the Bomber's Notebook before going back in time and saving, y'know? Well guess what. My game froze at the loading screen for the Bombers game.

I won't be touching MM for a while.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 08:30:57 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
So I picked up the Collector's Disc for Gamecube today in order to play MM again. After getting the Ocarina, I traveled to the Swap and proceeded to do what was neccessary to get into the dungeon. Upon completing the dungeon, I got myself the Scent Mask, and went back for the Bremen's Mask and the Great Fairy's Mask. Then I warped back to Woodfall and cleaned house, gathering all stray fairies from the temple. (All this took about 3 hours for me; I had used the inverted SOT) So I went to get the Bomber's Notebook before going back in time and saving, y'know? Well guess what. My game froze at the loading screen for the Bombers game.

I won't be touching MM for a while.

You hit the nail on the head towards why I hate MM.

Can't play it without it !@#$% up on ANY system. N64 would lock up for me, Rom screws up after first dungeon, and GCN version is !@#$% up (saves corrupt, etc)
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 08:46:18 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
lol Really, Mammy?  That's a shitty reason to hate the game.  I've played it dozens of times on N64 and it's never bugged up—I've never had a problem with a ROM either—it's only frozen on the Gamecube a couple times for me.  Yeah, the Gamecube port sucks because it has freezing problems, but there shouldn't be a problem with the N64 version.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 08:48:30 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Not being able to play a game due to shitty programming is a bad reason to hate a game? <_<;; Sorry but I'm not going to love a game that has issues that hinder progress. Literally; all three iterations of the game have been broken for me. I owned it for the 64; kept buggin out. Between losing saves, and it freezing blegh...

Theres also more reasons I dislike it; IE 4 dungeons is too few. I prefer to dungeon crawl, not socialize with NPCs for hours before getting into one :P
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 08:59:26 pm by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 09:00:10 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Like I said, I don't think there was any issues with the original version.  Yours just froze because it hates you.  =[

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 09:01:42 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Yeah maybe :\...

Either way it ruined it for me, and I don't think I will ever get back into it :P
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 09:03:17 pm »
You hit the nail on the head towards why I hate MM.

Can't play it without it fuggin up on ANY system. N64 would lock up for me, Rom screws up after first dungeon, and GCN version is fugged up (saves corrupt, etc)

Well hating a game, because you can't play it due to bug in the program is a valid reason in my book. It is strange that the N64 version contains a bug. And I haven't heard much about it either. Are you sure that the cartridge or N64 doesn't contain a malfunction. And why didn't you trade it for another cartridge of MM? I have to agree with Shefali that the original version doesn't contain problems.

I never had any problems with my N64 version. The others I don't know, because I haven't tried. I have the collectors disk, but never played the MM from that.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 09:05:46 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Because I did try another cart D:...

It might have been my 64 *shrugs* dunno; wasn't willing to replace that either though.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 11:53:55 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
I've played through it 4-5x on N64, Once with a rom, and 3 times on GCN. Never had it lock up on me... that's odd.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 12:12:17 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Shigeru hates me :(
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 12:25:22 am »
Shigeru hates me :(
No. You just seem to find ways to break everything, every piece of software you touch seems to die D:. Bad mammy.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 12:26:04 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Well; mainly the stuff you make but yeah I'll roll with that XD
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 03:35:17 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I've never had a problem with it freezing either.  Your cart was trying to save you from the moon flying through your TV screen and killing you, obviously.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Jeod

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 03:47:18 pm »
I'm getting greedy. It's almost the third day and I'm about to get the Goron Lullaby and attempt Snowpoint.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 04:02:45 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Snowpoint.

Snooowheeeaaad.  >:P

You should just get the song then return to the first day before attempting the dungeon.  It usually takes me a little more than one game-day to finish that dungeon.  Besides, you'll want to do the Goron races and get the Gilded Sword after you beat the dungeon.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 04:05:00 pm by Shefali »

Jeod

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 05:27:19 pm »
Ah, true true. I think Majora's Mask 2D would be the only fan game I actually really try my best for. (For spriting, not programming)

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 05:11:14 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
I had no trouble with MM when I played it. Also you want RAGEEEEEEEEEE!? I was at the end of FF9, when my save erased itself. Then my Disc 1 gets a large scratch that makes it freeze at the Theater District in Lindblum. So I couldn't get past that part. That, my friends, is RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 05:40:20 pm »
  • b e p i s
I had no trouble with MM when I played it. Also you want RAGEEEEEEEEEE!? I was at the end of FF9, when my save erased itself. Then my Disc 1 gets a large scratch that makes it freeze at the Theater District in Lindblum. So I couldn't get past that part. That, my friends, is RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Similar experience: I got to Memoria and started a new game for fun. I accidentally saved over my Disc 4 game.

I didn't know those words existed.

Needless to say, from then on I've always saved multiple copies of my saved games :|
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 05:52:13 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
I just saved over my awesome FFVI Advance save on accident. Checked the bestiary after Quicksaving, then saved over it. Not so much rage there. But I know what you mean.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Jeod

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2009, 02:00:15 am »
So I went through STT today. Thank GOD I don't have to do much after I get the Light Arrows. I couldn't defeat Gomess by the end of the third day. (Hate that son of a !@#$%) How many hits does it even take to beat him with the normal sword? Should I just go get the razor sword, a red potion, green potion, and a fairy?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 78 queries.

anything