Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda: Silent Echoes --- Ideas  (Read 3845 times)

AimesGames

Aimes Games: Zelda fan games.
Legend of Zelda: Silent Echoes --- Ideas
« on: August 24, 2014, 05:34:19 am »
  • Zelda fan games.
        So, I released a post about an upcoming game that I have been working on which got deleted. (The file did, not the post).
FYI, never try to use Linux if you are a Windows person.

Anyways, I have been rethinking the graphics.  For all of my years using Game Maker, I've been using GBC tiles because they're easy to use.  I love them.  But, I don't want to use GBC on this project because it doesn't fit.  It's not how I want it.  So, I have a question to nice, helpful people. Can you make a tutorial on how to properly use MC's tile sets because when I map with them it turns out hideous.  Ew, no.  I want my game to look beautiful! :) It'd be nice if people would do tutorials on that, using proper techniques.

I got my game idea from LOZ: Shadowgazer.  I loved the ideas in that game, and then it really inspired me to make Zelda: Silent Echoes.  What I am going to do with it will hopefully blow your minds.  I am going to attempt to make Silent Echoes as stable as I can.  I will be using HUB sprites that won't be mine (credit will be given of course).  Just to let you know, anyways. I will now put spoilers for people who like spoilers.  But this will give away the secret portal (which won't be much of a secret anyways in the playable demo).  Though, for people who really, really don't wanna see what the portal to Twilight is then don't look.

Show content
In Silent Echoes, Link will be sleeping a lot.  The concept is a bit similar to LOZ: Link's Awakening.  However, Link uses his dreams to enter the Twilight realm.

That's all the spoilers you get, and that was a somewhat big one.  I hope you to see some tutorials on how to properly map Minish cap! ^-^
  • AimesGames's Website
Re: Legend of Zelda: Silent Echoes --- Ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 03:05:48 pm »
  • Personal Saucier

I disagree. How else are you supposed to learn it?! Learning Linux was one of the most important decisions I made in my Software/Systems Engineering career, and I was a Windows person beforehand. Yes, it's definitely different, but that's not necessarily a bad thing by any means. It's a powerful kernel and by learning it you can actually get a much better understanding of how computers and servers work, amongst many other things.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 03:18:56 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com

I disagree. How else are you supposed to learn it?! Learning Linux was one of the most important decisions I made in my Software/Systems Engineering career, and I was a Windows person beforehand. Yes, it's definitely different, but that's not necessarily a bad thing by any means. It's a powerful kernel and by learning it you can actually get a much better understanding of how computers and servers work, amongst many other things.

I agree with this wholeheartedly as a software engineer. Learning Linux was one of the best things for my career. Limiting yourself to one OS or one software, one this or that...is not good for your career. How else will you learn?
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART

AimesGames

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 04:46:40 pm »
  • Zelda fan games.
Actually, I know how to use it well.  It's just that I am unable to use all of my programs that I need to use for making games that wine will not run correctly. :(

I like Ubuntu, but if they had all the same software that windows have, then I'd use Ubuntu!!
  • AimesGames's Website
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 12:52:30 am »
Actually, I know how to use it well.  It's just that I am unable to use all of my programs that I need to use for making games that wine will not run correctly. :(

I like Ubuntu, but if they had all the same software that windows have, then I'd use Ubuntu!!

Leave Game Maker behind and learn a language with an API.

There are handfuls of game APIs that are cross compatible.

Notables that come to mind:
SDL 2
SFML 2
MonoGame
Java(libGDX or write your own stuff)
or even really easy for cross platform
HTML 5 and Javascript <- requires nothing but a web browser from the last 3 years and a notepad type editor

Ultimately, it's upto you.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

AimesGames

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 12:10:11 pm »
  • Zelda fan games.
If WINE supported everything Windows (which hopefully is getting better and better I hear), I'd start using Ubuntu.  Game Maker works, but no midi support (which I got used to to use).

Though, I actually did have some computer problems lately that I have fixed I think, so I am on Windows of course now.  But with my experience with Linux again, I got midi to work kind of.  Except it cuts out when playing a Game Maker game if a sound other than the music players.  I am not really fund learning new languages, though.  I like the idea of Game Maker.  Games also should be something you should be able to play offline.

Thank you so much for those suggestions! Also, by the way I learned on how to code on BYOND (mostly C) and Game Maker, which are really fun to use~and easy.  I also learned on how to code on a little script that emulates C++ (used with a BYOND game).  Though, I have new plans for this project.

I am thinking about making it 3D~

• AimesGames's Website
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 49 queries.

anything