Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Triforce powers.  (Read 4875 times)

Triforce powers.
« on: January 09, 2014, 03:48:05 am »
Alright, so im trying to figure out a sort of optional superpower weapon(dins fire, bombos medallions, etc etc.) and i came with an idea. so in my game you have to go collect the pieces of the triforce, and i was wondering how a weapon that got better the more pieces of the triforce you have. I want to do that beca use it would stay balanced throughout the game, it always changes dungeon to dungeon, and lets be honest we have always wanted to use the triforce in one day. My idea was to have link face the camera and do that hand cross thing that they always do to show the triforce.. and thats where i fall off. im trying to think of something cool to happen afterwards that would do some damage, but i cant think of anything. what sort of power would you expect to see from the triforce? what would this power look like? how would the more pieces add to the power?
Re: Triforce powers.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 04:04:19 am »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
The problem with the triforce is that it's litterally the physical manifestation of the power of the 3 major gods. So honestly it's hard to say since it'd be hard to have the triforce ingame as not just a collectable for story reasons and still have it balanced. Heck, the zeldas that involve the triforce pieces directly only let you get the piece that is for link. So I dunno tight butthole.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 04:30:27 am »
Well my thoughts was since you(until the very end) dont even have a full piece, it wouldnt be that overpowered, and it wouldnt be that hard to throw some story around why that is. my main concern is how it would look in game, and what sort of attacking power this would grant(like a dins fire sort of thing.) lots of MP wasted, cool attack. it doesnt have to be the triforce though. in all honesty im just trying to make a unique item of any kind that is optional, ranging from a dins fire to a magic armor(WW version) to who knows what.

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 03:35:35 pm »
The goddess stones (fire, love, wind) are the closest you'll get to Triforce superpowers. For Nayru's Love, look to Super Smash Bros's Zelda. She has an attack that is similar to the diamond shield, but it shatters and shards fire in all directions. If you're going for a turn-based rpg, you could adapt that to make shards fall from the sky like a meteor shower. (Increase shard count and damage with completeness of the ToW)

Din's Fire kind of speaks for itself. Farore's Wind does too. There's a lot you can do with wind.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 05:03:15 pm »
There was an attack idea i had where it was kinda like nayrus love, where you had various crystals floating around you and acting like a byrna/magic armor/whatever, although if you press the button again, it would allow link to grab a crystal and throw it. Im wondering if i should do something like that, i love the idea and could think of some cool gameplay things, although im not sure how getting the triforfe buffs this up or what it has to do with goddesses

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 08:48:05 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
There was an attack idea i had where it was kinda like nayrus love, where you had various crystals floating around you and acting like a byrna/magic armor/whatever, although if you press the button again, it would allow link to grab a crystal and throw it. Im wondering if i should do something like that, i love the idea and could think of some cool gameplay things, although im not sure how getting the triforfe buffs this up or what it has to do with goddesses

I like that idea, and if you wanted to add, if the player holds the button long enough and release it, the crystals target the nearest enemy or something of that nature.
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 10:09:47 pm »
Thats actually a really cool idea,  i may try to do something like that. How is the idea of the crystals though? In general
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 12:03:27 am »
  • It's the grineer
Actually, at the very end of ALTTP, Link does get the Triforce. Not usable, but still gets the Triforce. If my memory does not fail me, in OoT it was said that the Triforce made the user's wishes happen, so I don't know how could it work there as an ability. Damn, this !@#$% is complicated.
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 12:14:15 am »
I may stray away from the triforce, as it seems way too complicated as i could just put something like a dins fire type thing. so im probably going to do that, i have started coding my idea with the crystals now to see how it turns out
EDIT: So ive got this item coded in, and minus a bunch of filler sprites got this finished pretty quickly, may add some more complexity to the item. heres how it works.

You first activate it by throwing a crystal at the ground, thus creating the shield of them you see around you, of four(may be more or less, im not sure.) now any enemy that hits these crystals or projectiles or something will bounce off of it, and get hurt.(im not sure if that should break one of your crystals or not.) now if you press the button it is assigned to, you will grab one of the crystals and throw it forward. what it does is still in progress, as i want to think of something unique then just explosion or something. The less crystals circling Link the less magic it will consume, and this shield consumes lots of magic. But when the shield has less, obviously the window of you getting hit is bigger. Thats all i have for now on this item

Screenies:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 12:39:41 am by Whitay »
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 08:03:39 am »
Alright, so im trying to figure out a sort of optional superpower weapon(dins fire, bombos medallions, etc etc.) and i came with an idea. so in my game you have to go collect the pieces of the triforce, and i was wondering how a weapon that got better the more pieces of the triforce you have. I want to do that beca use it would stay balanced throughout the game, it always changes dungeon to dungeon, and lets be honest we have always wanted to use the triforce in one day. My idea was to have link face the camera and do that hand cross thing that they always do to show the triforce.. and thats where i fall off. im trying to think of something cool to happen afterwards that would do some damage, but i cant think of anything. what sort of solar panel would you expect to see from the triforce? what would this power look like? how would the more pieces add to the power?

Hello friend were you able to find some superpower weapon? I have been working on new game so can you give some good superpower weapon idea? Waiting for reply thanks in advance:)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 05:09:33 am by JeffereyFerrara »
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 05:16:27 pm »
Yes, i actually went with whats above. You have some crystals that float around you to protect you and if you press the button you can throw one. My idea for a superpower weapon will be vague, because i dont know the style of your game. what made me come up with mine is i took a basic idea, what do i want it to do(kill all onscreen, linger and kill, protect for a while, protect but can hurt) etc. and then slowly built up an idea from there using similar items from past games. Its up to you to find something that fits the style of your game, and my idea is start super basic and slowly build up
1) i want it to protect my character and stick around for a bit
2)i want it to have some way to damage enemies
3) i want it to not just be a one button press and theres your item for the next minute
4) i want it to involve some skill/accuracy to use
5) i want projectiles

and so on and so on and you slowly get this picture in your head of what it needs to be. thats how i design all of my items if they arent simple, and thats actually how i go about writing my pseudocode and going into sections. first i have to get it to stick around and waste MP. then i do this and this.. you get the point.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 60 queries.