Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: My last post about OoT2D on ZFGC  (Read 10650 times)

My last post about OoT2D on ZFGC
« on: May 06, 2006, 02:49:25 am »
  • ZFGC Founder
For those who sharply do not believe in my game, that's ok. For those who still do, I appreciate the waiting. I do have a life you know? (Son, Army, etc). Yes I have made some high handed promises in the past which unfortunately could not be fulfilled, but I suspect even Nintendo could not have gotten this game out sooner than I will have. You have to remember how nitpicky true fans can be, especially some like TSA who hold the world record speed run in OoT and one of the beta testers of OoT2D (I will send him the demo first for his take and have him send me his fixes).

I will purchasing my own domain space and host a forum of my own, but I will not be taking over ZFGC as was stated in the past... that train has sailed (lol).

So in conclusion, goodbye ZFGC forums, this will be my last post about OoT2D here.

Until the release

"May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce."

w00t!

FISSURE

Re: My last post about OoT2D on ZFGC
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 02:51:05 am »
Technically, this is a topic, but just being technical.

Anyway, i really don't believe in OoT 2d.

But i guess i will be proven wrong if, and when you do bring it out.

Patience is a virtue.

2awesome4apossum

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 02:52:21 am »
Yes I have made some high handed promises in the past which unfortunately could not be fulfilled
And we can understand that.  My only thing is that I want demo 4, before having to wait for the final thing ^_^

I mean, I understand the mindset... I have a similar one for my project (thus I've been stalling to release a demo, because I don't like "building up demos"), but I'd really, really like to see demo 4 :)

I will send him the demo first for his take and have him send me his fixes
:(

Well, I hope he can tell us all about it soon enough ^_^

And, bye.
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 02:53:26 am »
that train has sailed (lol).

Best line ever  :D

Well, sure go make your own domain. You should rebuy Oot2d.com  :o
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 02:54:42 am »
  • ZFGC Founder

Old image.

FISSURE

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 02:55:07 am »
Whatever happened to that rpg you had, plains of chaos
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 02:58:15 am »
  • ZFGC Founder
It's also in development, OoT2D is my priority right now.

FISSURE

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 03:02:02 am »
Ahh i see, thats cool.

If thats also real, i look forward to playing it.

If both OoT 2D and that game are real, i will personally eat my words.

OoT 2d i have my doubts, but the other project i see no reason for doubts.

If it does, awesome, if it doesn't, meh it's fine.

Although i have my doubts it exists, i still want it too.

But only time will tell.

If it does indeed exist, take as much time as you need.

You were the one with that shiggy quote

A bad game is bad forever, but a delayed game eventually becomes a good one

or something like that
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 03:02:37 am »
  • Huzzowee!
I always liked that one more than OoT2D. Seemed cooler and more original than just some remake.

So, are you actually leaving, or just not posting about OoT2D? 'Cuz it'd be kinda cool to have you back as a member again sans OoT2D. Although, it's not like news of it won't reach here as soon as you post it :P. It always does XD.
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 03:03:21 am »
I like the fact that you at least came here and made a statement instead of leaving us to talk about rumors and what not. I don't really know what to believe. But that doesn't matter. I hope you have fun making your project, and I will definately give it a look when it gets complete. But if it never dose Ive reached to the point where I can understand. I don't think I could ever possibly be mad and say this was a wasted few years, because if you didn't start this whole thing, I would never have met a lot of the people I am now friends with over all this time. Ive had some great memories from this forum. If I was still ignorant about time wasted over the whole OOt2d thing I would be crazy. Ive gotten way to much back from signing up on this forum. Regardless of the project. So thanks for even creating this place in the begining.

Good luck with completing your game.

-skully
We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2006, 03:24:08 am »
Haha, given the simple fact that you've used every excuse in the book to constantly delay this project, I simply cannot believe you.

All you've gave us besides easily mock-able screenshots was a crummy walking engine that a n00b GM prgrammer could make in 20 minutes. How you caught such a huge fanbase is beyond me... I guess it must have been from all the false hope that zelda fans had of re-enjoying an awsome game from a 2D perspective.

And like I stated in another thread, for all we know you could have been faking it the whole time untill you relised you had a bunch of non-belivers, then decided to actually start making this.

If I started making my own OoT2D now, I could probably finish it and MM2D before you even get OoT done in 2D... >_> And yes I do have a life and all that junk you'll probably mention as an excuse.

All in all, I'd love to see the day that you actually manage to make this game and rub it in my face.

P.S. I think I'm saying what many are too scared to, they all talk about you behind your back but then suck up to you when you're around. haha
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2006, 03:33:04 am »
Haha, given the simple fact that you've used every excuse in the book to constantly delay this project, I simply cannot believe you.

All you've gave us besides easily mock-able screenshots was a crummy walking engine that a n00b GM prgrammer could make in 20 minutes. How you caught such a huge fanbase is beyond me... I guess it must have been from all the false hope that zelda fans had of re-enjoying an awsome game from a 2D perspective.

And like I stated in another thread, for all we know you could have been faking it the whole time untill you relised you had a bunch of non-belivers, then decided to actually start making this.

If I started making my own OoT2D now, I could probably finish it and MM2D before you even get OoT done in 2D... >_> And yes I do have a life and all that junk you'll probably mention as an excuse.

All in all, I'd love to see the day that you actually manage to make this game and rub it in my face.

P.S. I think I'm saying what many are too scared to, they all talk about you behind your back but then suck up to you when you're around. haha

A little harsh maybe?! TRM I BELIEVE IN YOU!
P.S. Send me a beta demo before everyone else...  ;D
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2006, 03:35:29 am »
Why in the heck would you make another topic?  On top of that, you put it in community speak...  I don't care whether you finish the game or not.  If you were going to post about leaving, you should have left OOT2D completely out of it.  If you're not leaving, I still don't understand how this has anything to do with the community.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 03:37:23 am by Fernando »
Well the wind that blows, it's blowing colder.

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 03:42:40 am »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
Oy another topic? we get the point -_-() Advertise and run...great riot starters really, good luck with w/e your doing tho....
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006, 03:43:28 am »
farewell, TRM, and good luck with life and your projects and such.

May your train sail off into the horizon.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2006, 03:45:15 am »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
THE SENTENCES! THEY BURN FERNANDO'S EYES!

(Note: You'd have to have been on the chat right now to understand this post)
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2006, 03:48:07 am »
  • Silly cat!
Okay then.

I patiently await the completed game.

Hoffy.
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2006, 03:56:50 am »
  • w00t
The stupidity of all this drama is actually pretty funny when you think about it.

To be perfectly honest, I don't really believe in the project that much.  But, also brutally honestly, I really don't care.  It's just a game people.

I will say though that it must be pretty sad to see the forum you created turn against you.  That's not to say that it was without reason, but it's sad nonetheless.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame

Lunar

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2006, 04:01:23 am »
You know what? Maybe I'm alone on this, but..

I really don't care. Seriously, I don't give a !@#$% rat's ass. I'll bet that most of the other members don't really care anymore either.

There was a time when OOT2D was big, everyone was freaking out about it.. It was all you heard about, Demo 4 was the !@#$% holy grail of the internet. But thats all changed. You're not going to be in anymore magazines, there isn't going to be any petitions, nobody is going to !@#$% slit your throat and heck your ass if you've been lying this whole time. Its all blown over, Danny.

Personally, I do believe you. I don't see any reason for you to lie, aside from maybe being narcisstic and wanting a little group of fanboys washing your feet for you.

It seems like you had achieved almost god-like status back on Invision Free. Talking to you was like having dinner with Jesus. You were worshipped, Daniel. I'm not exaggerating, I know a few people that actually thought you were the greatest thing on earth.

Your game isn't that great. Actually, I can't say that. Because I don't know. Nobody does, except you and whoever else has been helping you with this (gourry has, I think?). You posted a couple of screenshots, not any better than any other fan games. Hell, most other fan games looked better. No offence meant.

But there is one thing I respect you for.. Not giving into whining losers. "LOL POST SCREENSHOTS AND ILL BELIEVE U".. You're better off without them, really. If someone doesn't believe you, oh well. Why should you care? If they truly wanted OOT2D to exist, they'd believe you.. Hell, its kinda like a religion isn't it?

You're our god.. and this is your church. We pray to you that you'll show your work, but unless we believe in you we won't get it.. Since most non-believers left zfgc.

I'll leave on this closing note..

moved to off-topic.

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2006, 04:06:11 am »
  • Huzzowee!
Why in the heck would you make another topic?  On top of that, you put it in community speak...  I don't care whether you finish the game or not.  If you were going to post about leaving, you should have left OOT2D completely out of it.  If you're not leaving, I still don't understand how this has anything to do with the community.
He made this one in community speak because it's not about OoT2D, but rather his intentions towards the community involving OoT2D. Of course the maturity of some people has made the move necessary. He is actually and officially separating OoT2D from ZFGC. Which is sort of a good thing. This belongs here, and I will not tolerate flaming poping up here. If you want to !@#$% about OoT2D in the same way as every other time, you can do it somewhere else. NOT HERE. Just let him be.

I don't see any reason for you to lie, aside from maybe being narcisstic and wanting a little group of fanboys washing your feet for you.
I can actually think of good reasons, but we won't get into that.

Now please will everyone get off the topic of OoT2D and focus on at least respecting Daniel as a person? Punishment will otherwise ensue.
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.296 seconds with 77 queries.

anything