Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I knew it, Geno IS in Brawl.  (Read 4031 times)

uma

I knew it, Geno IS in Brawl.
« on: March 15, 2008, 02:26:51 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
*Title unrelated*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwkf77kw-CU&feature=related

Heh, I find this kind of funny because, back when the japanese version of Brawl was released, I posted in someones thread, asking if the Mushroom Forest song from Mario Rpg was in Brawl. WELL guess what? It was going to be.

And to top it all off, theres tons of other amazing songs that got cut from Brawl. Like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UHLCk0OXRE&feature=related (Ballad of the Windfish)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dMervFNzbQ&feature=related (Eight Melodies)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL6lpwKamg8&feature=related (Boss theme from Partners in Time)

Theres even MORE. Just look at the related videos.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
Re: I knew it, Geno IS in Brawl.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 02:31:34 am »
Was.

The rumor that was floating around was that nintendo had to take him out of the game cause of square.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 02:44:07 am »
  • w00t
Where are these "lost tracks" coming from anyway?  A rom dump of the game?

On a side note, I've heard far better remixes of that tune.  I'm actually kinda glad it didn't make it into the game, at least not in the state it's currently in.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 02:49:57 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I would have loved all of them actually, I wonder why they got taken out?
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 02:50:28 am »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
Why in God's name did "Ballad of the Wind Fish" not get in?!?!!? O_o And it sounds real nice too.

And if the "Eight Melodies" aren't in Brawl, then just how much music does Mother have? ...well, actually, I guess it most of the music might come from Mother 3...

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 03:05:19 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
 :'(
Damn you Square! Geno should have been in brawl!
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 03:07:25 am »
Geno was that doll thing right?  It's been awhile since I have even seen the name...lol
  • Super Fan Gamers!

BuffaloBurgers

U B DA WAT!?
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 12:08:05 pm »
Geno was never in Brawl. Cut characters were Dixie Kong (The character that had the copyright issues), Dr. Mario, Roy, and Mewtwo. Geno's no where to be found on the disc, which means that even if he was cut, he was cut back in 2006 or 2005, which means that it wouldn't matter whether or not they got Square's consent, Geno wouldn't be in it.

EEE HUNG HUNG HA HA

COLORADO 27 - OKLAHOMA 24
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 01:33:29 pm »
You can download 'em all here.

It's too bad they took out the Ballad of the Windfish. That was amazing. Still, I was glad to see some Gameboy Zelda recognition in the game.

Also, they should have actually remixed something from The Wind Waker.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 01:36:02 pm by Hylian Lemon »
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 02:23:19 pm »
  • Personal Text
omg. Square is being so selfish right now!
They know that Geno(and Mallow) are in high demand right now, but they refuse to hand it over to Nintendo (who will actually do something with them), just because they want to feel special.
Actually what their doing is keeping fans annoyed with them, and they are ignoring their fans' wants!
Screw off Square >_>...

BuffaloBurgers

U B DA WAT!?
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 04:56:50 pm »

GENO WAS NEVER PLANNED FOR BRAWL. IF YOU WANT TO COMPLAIN TAKE IT UP WITH SAKURAI, HAL, SORA, OR WHOEVER THE HELL WAS IN CHARGE OF PLANNING THE CHARACTERS FOR THE GAME.

EEE HUNG HUNG HA HA

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 05:02:39 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
<_< Geno and Mallow are in demand by SMRPG fanboys, not by the average consumer <_<.

I really saw all of this bitching about them not being in stuff long before brawl came out o.0... Just accept it and deal with it. Don't sit back and point fingers left and right blaming people for them not being in. They're insignificant characters and have no real impact on the Nintendo legacy. Bolded and italicized so my point is not overlooked <_<
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 05:42:17 pm »
  • Personal Text

GENO WAS NEVER PLANNED FOR BRAWL. IF YOU WANT TO COMPLAIN TAKE IT UP WITH SAKURAI, HAL, SORA, OR WHOEVER THE HELL WAS IN CHARGE OF PLANNING THE CHARACTERS FOR THE GAME.

Even if he wasn't, Square is still keeping him. I understand that he wasn't and I am fine now.
And to be honest, if I really did ask him, they would say no; becuase if they said that they DID plan it but took him out, then they would be neck deep in annoyed and angry fans for taking him out.
So that means that I still think that he was in, but deleted...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 05:44:29 pm by Mewgull »

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 06:15:21 pm »
  • :3

Even if he wasn't, Square is still keeping him. I understand that he wasn't and I am fine now.
And to be honest, if I really did ask him, they would say no; becuase if they said that they DID plan it but took him out, then they would be neck deep in annoyed and angry fans for taking him out.

By your logic: OMG NINTENDO IS BEING SO SELFISH THEY REFUSE TO HAND LITTLE MAC OVER TO EA SO THEY CAN PUT HIM IN FIGHT NIGHT AND DO SOMETHING WITH HIM!! Jeez, they're a corporation. Do you really expect them to "hand over" their property to Nintendo for them to make money out of? And Smash Bros deals with characters of actual importance, such as Snake, Mario and Fox. They're not going to waste time on a character that's been unused for 10+ years and most likely never will be. Waste of time and money.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 06:17:58 pm »
  • w00t
LOL ARGUMENTS.  Geno isn't in, there's no use debating whether or not he was planned to be in.  <trm>END OF LINE</trm>

The remix still sucks >_>
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 10:58:32 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.

By your logic: OMG NINTENDO IS BEING SO SELFISH THEY REFUSE TO HAND LITTLE MAC OVER TO EA SO THEY CAN PUT HIM IN FIGHT NIGHT AND DO SOMETHING WITH HIM!! Jeez, they're a corporation. Do you really expect them to "hand over" their property to Nintendo for them to make money out of? And Smash Bros deals with characters of actual importance, such as Snake, Mario and Fox. They're not going to waste time on a character that's been unused for 10+ years and most likely never will be. Waste of time and money.
Holy crap, that was an amazing argument...no sarcasm. Actually I have changed my opinion now, I don't think Geno deserved to be in Brawl...
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 11:00:56 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Screw Geno.

What I don't understand is that they cut out all of these awesome songs? Ballad of the Wind Fish? Boss theme from Partners in Time? Sons of Liberty main theme? Radio Exercises from Animal Crossing? And then look at all of the Mother music O_o. That's just downright weird, Sakurai.

Hoffy.

BuffaloBurgers

U B DA WAT!?
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 11:29:12 pm »
Could be anything from a lack of disc space to the music cutting off proportions (AKA Green Hill Zone might have too much music compared to other stages, so they'd cut You Can Do Anything) to copyright issues. (Which is why You Can Do Anything was cut)

Also,

If a solution is too complex, it's probably wrong. Geno was never on there, they wouldn't go through the effort of deleting all traces of him if he was. Not to mention the fact that since he's a Square-Enix character, they'd have to get permission to use him, and it looks like Sakurai only dealt with Konami and eventually SEGA. It's understandable considering what a pain that kind of thing is.

EEE HUNG HUNG HA HA

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 11:30:29 pm »
  • :3

Holy crap, that was an amazing argument...no sarcasm. Actually I have changed my opinion now, I don't think Geno deserved to be in Brawl...
Some kind of double bluff, or actually serious?
Gannon-banned brother.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 11:39:27 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Could be anything from a lack of disc space to the music cutting off proportions (AKA Green Hill Zone might have too much music compared to other stages, so they'd cut You Can Do Anything) to copyright issues. (Which is why You Can Do Anything was cut)
Still, the main theme from Sons of Liberty is my favorite in the Metal Gear Solid franchise... someone please tell me that song is in Brawl in some form.

Hoffy.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.246 seconds with 74 queries.