Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The FFVII milking will continue.  (Read 2306 times)

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
The FFVII milking will continue.
« on: March 22, 2008, 02:25:44 pm »
http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8672108&publicUserId=4549175

1UP: Does Crisis Core mark the finale for the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series?

Hajime Tabata: No, it does not. The Compilation's finale will take some other form.

In other news, the sun rose today.
Re: The FFVII milking will continue.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 02:34:32 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
We all know it. FFVII remake. It's really impossible for it to not happen.

I </3 Sol
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 04:02:51 pm »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
Amen to that.

Although it *would* be nice for them to make a sequel where they resurrected Aeris/Aerith.  Not because I'm an Aeris or a FFVII fanboy, but because I think it would make all the hardcore American JRPG gamers that thought Final Fantasy VII was the epitome of JRPG gaming rethink their decision.

Anyway, yeah, FFVII, not really that great.  But hey, at least Square's giving us SOMETHING.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?

uma

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 04:05:01 pm »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
God stoop the spin-offs/remakes Squeeny, give us more new stuff, like the old days!
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 05:08:27 pm »
Wasn't the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series already confirmed to be a project spanning 10 years, likely ending with a remake? I thought I read that somewhere.

But I have to agree with just about every other gamer ever on this one: The milking has to stop. It won't, but it needs to. Square Enix is losing so much respect from all of the people that used to be their core(lolz) fanbase. I really hope the majority of huge publishers/developers die out soon, so that the way can be made for the indie developers to take over. It, too, is not going to happen, but it would be nice.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 05:17:55 pm »
Before they do anything else, they NEED to release FFI&II for the VC, PSN, XBLM, iPod, Gizmondo, TI-86 graphing calculator, and Atari 2600.  Hopefully they'll announce those releases at E3. I can only assume they will.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 06:02:53 pm »
Wasn't the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series already confirmed to be a project spanning 10 years, likely ending with a remake? I thought I read that somewhere.

But I have to agree with just about every other gamer ever on this one: The milking has to stop. It won't, but it needs to. Square Enix is losing so much respect from all of the people that used to be their core(lolz) fanbase. I really hope the majority of huge publishers/developers die out soon, so that the way can be made for the indie developers to take over. It, too, is not going to happen, but it would be nice.
Huh?  Losing their fanbase?  I see a shitload of fans that are denouncing Square because they WON'T CONFIRM a FF7 remake or release info on the FFXIII trilogy thingy.  I have yet to see any real fans of Square say ,"!@#$% YOU SQUARE!  QUIT REMAKING FINAL FANTASY GAMES!"  even magazines I read say that the only remakes/spinoffs that were not worth the time were FF1 and FF2 remakes for PSP...They said just go out and buy the GBA version because you can get it used for under $20 and has BOTH games on one cartidge.  Most of you guys don't even like Square to begin with,but it's a Zelda board so I already knew that.

Although I defend Square ALOT!  The Enix side of it is getting very better than Square.  They don't pump out nearly as many games(would you want Dragon Quest remakes for the DS or PSP, I sure the !@#$% do!) as Square does but when they do release one like Dragon Quest VIII, that game was beautiful.
DQIX is going to be on two DS cartridges so you know it is going to fulfill the DQ requirements of being a long ass game.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 07:49:27 pm »

Huh?  Losing their fanbase?  I see a shitload of fans that are denouncing Square because they WON'T CONFIRM a FF7 remake or release info on the FFXIII trilogy thingy.

I think you're confusing FFVII fans with actual Square-Enix fans, (not to say that you can't be both).  People who denounce an entire company with a great history because they don't re-make FFVII are simply fanatically obessed with a single wildy overrated game and fall under the former category.  I'm not saying the game is bad, I've honestly never played it and I'm sure it's good, but to worship it the way that many do is just illogical.

Square-Enix is a great company that's produced a countless number of classics, essentially paving the way for all other JRPGs, they just need to get past this whole habitual remake phase....well, first they need to remake Chrono Trigger. >_>

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 07:52:33 pm »
  • Things to see and people to do.
Square-Enix is a great company that's produced a countless number of classics, essentially paving the way for all other JRPGs, they just need to get past this whole habitual remake phase....well, first they need to remake Chrono Trigger. >_>

No, they need to leave Final Fantasy behind. As far as I know, none of the FF games actually have anything to do with each other, and they can, for all intents and purposes, work as stand alone original games on their own. I mean, FFVII could've easily gone by the name of Life Stream or Shinra or something.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 07:54:41 pm »

No, they need to leave Final Fantasy behind. As far as I know, none of the FF games actually have anything to do with each other, and they can, for all intents and purposes, work as stand alone original games on their own. I mean, FFVII could've easily gone by the name of Life Stream or Shinra or something.

FFX - FFX-2

Also, Life stream and Shinra would be crappy names for games.

FF12 - FF12 Relevent Wings

Pretty much all of the FF Tactics games.

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 08:13:48 pm »
Final Fantasy doesn't need to be linked...Why should they stop FF?  Final Fantasy MADE Square-soft  literally.  If FF1 hadn't been such a hit in Japan, Square would've ceast to exist and Enix would be the father of the JRPG.

None of the Dragon Quests were linked as far as I remember.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

alirazaq

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 08:16:22 pm »
quoted

They will just add a ton of extras to the remake making it WITHOUT A DOUBT the greatest game to ever be made or that will be made
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 08:20:53 pm »
None of the Dragon Quests were linked as far as I remember.

I think most of them are linked together actually... >_>
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 08:31:40 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
DQIX is going to be on two DS cartridges so you know it is going to fulfill the DQ requirements of being a long ass game.
How would they pull this off? Aside from using a password system (which leaves it more open to cheating), how would the second cartridge know that you actually beat the first one/know your party stats n stuff/etc.?
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2008, 08:38:02 pm »
How would they pull this off? Aside from using a password system (which leaves it more open to cheating), how would the second cartridge know that you actually beat the first one/know your party stats n stuff/etc.?

The DS does have internal memory you know.  I'm guessing the save file would be similar to how downloadable demos work except the data would be transfered to the other cart once you insert it.

alirazaq

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 08:41:21 pm »
Yeah Domo pretty much has it right there
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 12:02:13 am »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
Guys, Final Fantasy isn't great.  I mean, they're just AVERAGE JRPG games.  You know what WILL be awesome, though?

Square's new PS3/360 IP, Last Relic.  At least, I THINK thats the name.  I want that.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 72 queries.

anything