Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ocarina of Time: Master Quest  (Read 3048 times)

Ocarina of Time: Master Quest
« on: April 18, 2008, 09:01:32 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
(I hope this topic wasn't made before)

So.. Who here has ever played Ocarina of Time: Master Quest? Did you beat it? What did you think of it?

I played through it once; it wasn't much more difficult than the original. I think it's refreshing to play because I've played the original so many times I can beat it with my eyes tied behind my back.

I started playing it again last week (zomg ROMz). I just beat the Deku Tree dungeon, and I'm probably going to play it some more this weekend. Fun fun.

Discuss, etc.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
Re: Ocarina of Time: Master Quest
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 10:09:11 pm »
  • The Mike
I borrowed it from a friend. I completed all the dungeons except for the Shadow Temple. It's funny how some of the dungeon items appeared right at the beginning of the dungeon such as the Megaton Hammer in the Fire Temple. The Spirit Temple was hard as sucking ass from a straw.

It's a fun experience to try out. I think I'll borrow it again and finish what I started. Did I mention it was a great game by the way?

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 10:12:27 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
Yeah i completed it, it was a bit harder then the original, but still not nearly impossible.
But i loved it, it added new spark to the AMAZING original.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 10:14:56 pm »
I recently bought it via ebay. I got the urge to play it after beating TP finally (I set it down when I started my job). My room is trashed right now, half painted, the roof leaks everywhere, so I really don't even have my TV plugged in right now... I need to figure out where I can safely put things so they don't get wet. :(

Great game though, very amusing with the cow heads.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 10:16:58 pm »
Me and my brother played and beat it, it wasn't hard.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 10:18:01 pm »
  • The Mike
I like this one more than the actual Ocarina of Time. I love tough challenges. If they made a Master Quest for Majora's Mask, then I would be amazed. Even though the challenges in MM were tough, I'd love a harder experience for that game.

Quote from: Andrew
very amusing with the cow heads.
I was surprised to see those as well. It's funny how they turned things into switches such as those cow heads.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 10:27:47 pm »
  • If words are scarce they are seldom spent in vain
Yeah I got it years ago, and finished it shortly after ( with Zelda games I tend to have 23 hour gaming days :s ), but yeah I liked it. 'Twas not harder just different.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 10:31:01 pm »
  • The Mike
You didn't find the Spirit Temple a !@#$% at all? It took me hours to beat it. I actually died quite a few times and it was sad that I died, at a Zelda game.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 10:48:06 pm »
  • If words are scarce they are seldom spent in vain
Nah, but then again I generally have little problem with adventure/platform games. Not to say I'm a great gamer or something, but I generally figure out the lay out of the level and what to do pretty quickly. That added to the fact that I've got pretty good reflexes enable me to go through games pretty easily (Still I'll never have some kind of high score, simply 'cause I pick up very little)

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 11:07:09 pm »
  • Xiphirx
I have/played/beaten it and it is not hard.

Even though it is master quest I think that they should of put a brand new dungeon in and/or a new enemy (I mean, Tekitties are completely useless enemies).
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 01:58:35 am »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
I played it all the way up to the Water Temple. Then I... don't know what happened. :/

Either way, once the PSP N64 emulator gets back on track, I'm gonna give it another go.

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 02:05:04 am »
For me Master Quest was way easier than the original. For one, the only problems I had with the original were learning how to play the game, and then the Water Temple. In MQ the water temple was easy, and the only problems I had with MQ were Jabu-Jabu's Belly, and Ganon's Castle. All the other parts were only slightly more difficult, or a bit easier.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 01:10:34 am »
  • Silly cat!
Yeah, I finished it.

I remember being stuck in the Deku Tree, the Spirit Temple and Ganon's Castle (especially the Fire Temple room where you're required to do a backflip to collect a Silver Rupee - God, took me ages to figure out). It wasn't really hard than the first time I played it... it was just sort of different styled puzzles, plus a lot of cows lunged into walls and so on.

I suppose it would've been harder if I was playing it at 10. I remember Gohma killed me the first time I played OoT...

Hoffy.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 01:19:53 am »
  • The Mike
Like I said before, the Spirit Temple was a real !@#$%. Even though it's the last dungeon before Ganon's Tower. I hadn't beaten the Shadow Temple though. I borrowed it so yeah. It's a hard yet fun experience and I like the dungeons in Master Quest over the real game any time. I wonder if it will be brought onto the VC though. There's a possibility since it is technically an N64 game.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 01:20:45 am »
  • :'O
When I first got my gamecube it came with a free game (Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, Animal Crossing, and one more) If you picked wind waker you would get the Ocarina of Time bonus disc as well. I chose Metroid Prime (no regret) because my brother said to. Shortly afterwords I got a copy of this and beat it.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2008, 01:23:53 am »
  • The Mike
I still want to get this game. I got my aunt to get me Banjo-Tooie off of eBay so I guess I might have no trouble getting Master Quest. I still wish Nintendo made a Master Quest for Majora's Mask. That would be epic!

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2008, 04:23:07 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
This made me remember OOT again...such a good game. I beat it all today. Master Quest is fun, but slightly challenging. I forget, do they change Ganon's Tower?
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2008, 04:47:26 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I still want to get this game. I got my aunt to get me Banjo-Tooie off of eBay so I guess I might have no trouble getting Master Quest. I still wish Nintendo made a Master Quest for Majora's Mask. That would be epic!

<_< Majora's Mask is what the originally intended Master Quest turned into :p Which is 99% of the reason you will never see a MQ for Majoras Mask

Also;

I got Master Quest with WW, and then I got my Zelda Collection thingy from Nintendo Power :D

I didnt find Master Quest that hard though; but I was very very pleased that the water temple was simple as pie in it
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2008, 05:28:10 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I wouldn't be that enthusiastic about a Majora's Mask Master Quest. Ocarina of Time is more the type of game that you can mix up and have fun with, but Majora's Mask is best left the way it is.
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2008, 05:31:10 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I wouldn't be that enthusiastic about a Majora's Mask Master Quest. Ocarina of Time is more the type of game that you can mix up and have fun with, but Majora's Mask is best left the way it is.
QFT.

Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.375 seconds with 74 queries.