Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Bisexuality  (Read 6411 times)

Bisexuality
« on: January 01, 2008, 03:51:44 am »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
I started going down this line of thought the other day. I was laying on the floor playing my DS, and my sister was watching TV. As she usually does, she left the living room with the TV on. The channel was set to MTV. As shows went by, it eventually switched to Tila Tequila (In case you are new to the internet, look on anyone's MySpace friend list. She's probably there.), and it wasn't long before my half-attentive ears started to hear a repeated subject of speech. It was them making some deal about Tila being a bisexual. Sure, it's an odd characteristic, and certainly note worthy, but it wasn't long until I realized that the entire concept of the program was pretty much just "LAWLZ LET TAKE DAT MYSPACE GRIL AND MAKE HER AN SHOW CUZ SHES BI KAY?". Anyway, I started thinking about that concept. There is a strange cultural fascination with bisexuality. In a middle or high school class, a teacher can't use the prefix "Bi" without having a bunch of giggle and murmur "bisexual". It really annoys me.
First I'll look at the sexual fascination that males have with it. I don't seem to be included in the large group of guys that are turned on by girls kissing. Once a girl declares having a girlfriend, many of the surrounding guys will take sudden interest in a conversation they couldn't have given a !@#$% about prior to any mention of lesbianism (or possible bisexuality). Now, given that bisexuality will give a girl effortless male attention, a lot of heterosexual females will pose as bisexuals for the sake of receiving male attention. Girls will often wear this bisexuality, real or forced, as a badge. Sometimes it just get ridiculous. One time a girl I met announced that she was bisexual immediately after telling me her name. Why? Probably because it was a successful tactic in gaining male attention. A similar trend goes for guys that want to show how sensitive and sexually open they are to girls, and then cower when it comes time to take the !@#$%. I am fascinated and disgusted by what idiot tactics people use for attention.
Any ideas and opinions?
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
Re: Bisexuality
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 04:00:02 am »
I don't disagree with bisexuality or homosexuality, or heterosexuality in any aspect.. I want to respect all people. However when people flaunt their sexuality I have a problem... such as "i'm bisexual, so I'm automatically different and more awesome!". That is what really bugs, people who flaunt something about themselves.. its indifferent to me, I don't care about someones sexuality, its part of who they are. If I like them, I like them for some other purpose other than their sexuality, its most likely their personality.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 04:57:37 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I agree with andrew 100%

I had an incident at #ZFGC once actually, and I wont name any names, but it pissed me off-

The user had come out and said "Everybody! I'm bi!" and I'm like "Thats great dude, but it doesnt really matter, you're still you" and that user got PISSED OFF because he thought he should have special treatment; even to go as far as to call me a ruthless dog over the issue, when all I was saying was; straight, bi, or gay, it doesnt matter, as long as he isn't flaunting it like his way is proper.

I personally don't give a !@#$% what people do, because I don't have to atone for their dealings in life :p As long as it doesnt affect me, I'm good.

uma

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 06:04:59 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
Dude! I love bisexual women! Almost as much as I love lesbians... :3

Some people are just more open about their sexuality than others, you know? Some of my friends are bixesuals and there open about it. But, like you said, you don't know if there doing it just for attention or if there true bixesuals.

It's not even an odd characteristic. 1 of my friends even said "Like everyone on myspace is bisexual" so it isn't THAT strange. I do find it odd when a dude is bisexual though(Seriously, think about that for a sec).

Er-... My point is, it's all a matter of being real to yourself and people around you. Heh... if a striaght girl said she was bi and a really bi/lesbian girl got on her, that would be her problem. :P
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 06:43:41 am »
  • b e p i s
I don't disagree with bisexuality or homosexuality, or heterosexuality in any aspect.. I want to respect all people. However when people flaunt their sexuality I have a problem... such as "i'm bisexual, so I'm automatically different and more awesome!". That is what really bugs, people who flaunt something about themselves.. its indifferent to me, I don't care about someones sexuality, its part of who they are. If I like them, I like them for some other purpose other than their sexuality, its most likely their personality.

!@#$% QFT.

I know several bisexuals, but as far as I know most of them are genuine...however I have encountered people who are obviously bi just to be "different" and "edgy." Tila Tequila is a dumb !@#$% anyway.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 04:43:43 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I know the odd bisexual/lesbian. None of them really flaunt it, at all. One of the bisexual guys sometimes he wears a headband, but that means nothing really, and I'll be damned it looks manly on him. The lesbian sometimes takes tests meant for the guys, like this one trying to find out what they find attractive in women (it was a test about Anorexia) but that's not really strange, as she couldn't exactly take the women one (what they like in Men).

What I don't like is when people seem to think people who are 'feminine' and male are homosexual/bisexual, or butch women are bisexual/lesbians.
I don't care if people are 'effeminate' and don't see it as flaunting your sexuality. Hell, I'm (mostly) straight but can act 'flaming' at times which confuses some people I know...like my parents.

Also I guess some people like to get the whole "I'm *whatever*" off of their chest straight away. If they don't know you when they tell you, then if you are all "Eww get away from me" over it, at least they don't have the pain of a friend doing that to them.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 04:46:46 pm by TheDarkJay »
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 05:08:59 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
I went out with a girl who, after i split up wit hher, announced she was Bi. Everyone thought i was gonna be really pissed about it, but i didnt/dont mind. I have no problems but like a few people have said, i dont like it when people flaunt there sexuality. People who base thereselves on the fact theyre gay or straight or bi need to realise that if thats all there is to their character, they are quite pathetic. Also I hate it when people confuse disliking a homosexual/bisexual person with being homophobic.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 05:36:50 pm »
...okayy...

Some people are just more open about their sexuality than others, you know? Some of my friends are bixesuals and there open about it. But, like you said, you don't know if there doing it just for attention or if there true bixesuals.
There is a way to tell. Watch them. Ask them why they think they're bi, watch their reaction. Dont listen just watch. I guarantee they'd lose their cool.

It's not even an odd characteristic. 1 of my friends even said "Like everyone on myspace is bisexual" so it isn't THAT strange. I do find it odd when a dude is bisexual though(Seriously, think about that for a sec).
Whats so different about it? What makes that strange over bisexual females?
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 05:40:27 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
I agree with andrew 100%

I had an incident at #ZFGC once actually, and I wont name any names, but it pissed me off-

The user had come out and said "Everybody! I'm bi!" and I'm like "Thats great dude, but it doesnt really matter, you're still you" and that user got PISSED OFF because he thought he should have special treatment; even to go as far as to call me a ruthless dog over the issue, when all I was saying was; bla bla etc.
Are you talking about Americanto?  That guy always said !@#$% like. "I like pie.....btw, I'm gay!"

I </3 Sol
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2008, 06:02:28 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
...okayy...
Don't be shy Bert, you know you do too.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2008, 06:03:45 pm »
...okayy...
Don't be shy Bert, you know you do too.

ohohoh XD I read it as men.

ermm wait...

>_> <_<   ;)
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2008, 06:24:30 pm »

Er-... My point is, it's all a matter of being real to yourself and people around you. Heh... if a striaght girl said she was bi and a really bi/lesbian girl got on her, that would be her problem. :P

Avoiding naming names, I believe one of my very close relatives is bisexual, she doesn't flaunt the fact she is, its just a personal thing. There is being open and accepting about sexuality, then there is flaunting it, which is two vastly different things. I'm not attempting to be modest here, I just hate how people flaunt insignificant facts about their life. Your sexuality is who you are.. you being bisexual, homosexual, heterosexual, should not (in theory) change the way people view you.

Knives, quit !@#$% talking, or quoted for truth? :(
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2008, 07:31:16 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I agree with andrew 100%

The user had come out and said "Everybody! I'm bi!" and I'm like "Thats great dude, but it doesnt really matter, you're still you" and that user got PISSED OFF because he thought he should have special treatment; even to go as far as to call me a ruthless dog over the issue, when all I was saying was; bla bla etc.
Are you talking about Americanto?  That guy always said !@#$% like. "I like pie.....btw, I'm gay!"

Nah, lol I didnt even know he was gay XD

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008, 08:06:11 pm »
  • Things to see and people to do.
I believe that all humans are "by default" bisexual. Since we as humans desire closeness and all with other humans, it would make sense. I believe that heterosexuality/homosexuality is a product of society. (and before you jump on me about "LOL HOMOSEXUALITY IS GENETIC NUB," !@#$% off.)

Also, since we're talking about people we know who are bisexual, my younger sister is. So far, I'm the only one who actually knows, and I discovered this when I walked in on her and other girl kissing. To hear her beg for mercy like she actually thought I'd hate her for it was offensive and funny all at once. She made me swear that I wouldn't tell our parents or my older sister, so me and her are in cahoots.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2008, 08:23:48 pm »
I believe that all humans are "by default" bisexual. Since we as humans desire closeness and all with other humans, it would make sense. I believe that heterosexuality/homosexuality is a product of society. (and before you jump on me about "LOL HOMOSEXUALITY IS GENETIC NUB," !@#$% off.)

Also, since we're talking about people we know who are bisexual, my younger sister is. So far, I'm the only one who actually knows, and I discovered this when I walked in on her and other girl kissing. To hear her beg for mercy like she actually thought I'd hate her for it was offensive and funny all at once. She made me swear that I wouldn't tell our parents or my older sister, so me and her are in cahoots.

Lemme guess, filed under 'B' for Bribary? :P

A friend of mine was Bi, and she wasn't doing it for the attention. She only said it when some chav was trying to bully her for something I cant remember. Put it this way, when she said it. The chav stfu XD.

But; I do have a gay friend. And this will seem incredibally homophobic to some. But stfu, k?
Basically, he flaunts it. But not just every know and then. All the pissing time, its an in your face kind of thing. And even the slightest use of the word gay that isn't by him hes all over you like a !@#$% STD. (Or STI as its been changed too now). If he cant get something right; he'll treat you like a homophobe if you try to help him. Heck he hated me for a while because I didn't like shopping, I preferred gaming... Theres more. But I'm trying to write a review.
/end-baskstabbing-of-a-friend-through-rant
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2008, 08:52:06 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!

I disagree there. You don't need to have a sexual relationship with someone to be close to them. But blegh. Sexuality is a simple human mechanism for refreshing the population, nothing more. Your sexuality comes through your nature, unless you force it, as so many fake bisexuals have done to themselves. I guess there were some fake hetrosexuals, too, if they wanted to deeply closet themselves. Yeah.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2008, 08:54:35 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Yes, humans seek companionship from the start of life, but that has nothing to do with their sexuality :p A lonely person will take on an animal for their companion, and obviously its not a sexual thing, so I cant really agree there o.0 huge difference between a mate and having "closeness with all other humans"

S2

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2008, 09:28:21 pm »
Yes, humans seek companionship from the start of life, but that has nothing to do with their sexuality :p A lonely person will take on an animal for their companion, and obviously its not a sexual thing, so I cant really agree there o.0 huge difference between a mate and having "closeness with all other humans"

You'd be surprised, Mammo.

More like C for Commitment. My parents are deeply homophobic, so there's no telling what they'd do if they found out that Jenna were bisexual. For all I know, I could actually be protecting her from harm. Of course, I doubt my parents would go that far, but someone in the community might.
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2008, 09:36:32 pm »

More like C for Commitment. My parents are deeply homophobic, so there's no telling what they'd do if they found out that Jenna were bisexual. For all I know, I could actually be protecting her from harm. Of course, I doubt my parents would go that far, but someone in the community might.
'B' For Bribary
Sub Catagory 'C' for Commitment or the other way round then :P

And if your parents did find out about it, I doubt they'd do anything. They'd probably stop being homophobic or something. Of course I'm assuming your parents love their children a big huggy bunch. :P

S2

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2008, 09:49:06 pm »
'B' For Bribary
Sub Catagory 'C' for Commitment or the other way round then :P

And if your parents did find out about it, I doubt they'd do anything. They'd probably stop being homophobic or something. Of course I'm assuming your parents love their children a big huggy bunch. :P

Curse those subdirectories. ;(

Anyway, they probably wouldn't do anything. Like I said, if anything, the people in the community would be the ones to cause trouble.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 79 queries.