Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Telekinesis: Cool 1337 h4x0r ability or load of crap?  (Read 8248 times)

Telekinesis: Cool 1337 h4x0r ability or load of ...
« on: June 19, 2006, 09:36:25 pm »
  • ..Goodbye..
I have always wondered what everyone thought on the subject, I know alot of you are gonna say "lawl its faek stfu nob!1" but I actually wanna see how many people are open minded. In case you can't tell, I am a strong believer in telekinesis. I do not think of telekinesis as something supernatural, I think of it as something scientifically (even if there isnt a scientific explaination for it yet). I may sound like a babbling idiot, but until someone can actually find a way to disprove telekinesis, I don't think its fair to say that it doesn't exist, but thats just my opinion.

Discuss.
Helios did it.
Re: Telekinesis: Cool 1337 h4x0r ability or load...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 09:39:11 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
I have heard of Asian monks capable or lifting a stone without even touching it, believe it or not, I feel it is true. There are too many things we still can't control on our brain and I have always felt that the theory stating that we are all linked together is true.

Pyru

ow
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 09:53:17 pm »
Who knows? I've met Uri Gellar in person several times (he lives down the road from me) and I've seen him bend an ordinary spoon doing nothing more than stroking it, as well as make a broken watch start again. The watch died shortly after we left, though.

So, yeah. Maybe. It could be a trick, but it's a trick I've yet to see properly explained.

officespace16

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 09:54:11 pm »
you should join jediism in England, it's a national religion
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 09:56:19 pm »
  • ..Goodbye..
Didn't you know Uri Gellar is fake? >_>;
Helios did it.

Pyru

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 10:02:00 pm »
you should join jediism in England, it's a national religion

Not national. Just official.

But there is no established organisation of the Jedi. And there are no unified beliefs.

Didn't you know Uri Gellar is fake? >_>;

Didn't you know you're fake? :O

Limey

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 10:07:11 pm »
I dont think its real or possible.  I do however think that there is something hiddden in the part of the brain we dont use...  I just don't know what it is.

officespace16

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 10:08:04 pm »
well, we only use 10% of our brain. what does the other 90% do exactly?

Limey

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 10:09:30 pm »
well, we only use 10% of our brain. what does the other 90% do exactly?

That's my point, there is no way of knowing.

officespace16

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 10:12:28 pm »
well, maybe scientists could test on people's brains like applying pressure or electric charge to unused parts and see what happens

but i guess that's unethical
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 10:15:38 pm »
Having a small chunk of grey-matter minipulate the fabric of time and space? Unlikly. Its just the human condition to think that there must be something more, and as such they're imaginations tend to bring up this kind of thing.

But hey, what do I know, as is true with most humans, i'm ignorent.

officespace16

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 10:23:55 pm »
but, look at all the things the rest of the human body can do, we are made of billions of cells, that work together to do something extrodinary

Limey

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 10:31:53 pm »
Yes, our bodies can move things ATTATCHED to ourselves.  Being able to 'read minds' or 'move objects in the air' just doesnt make any sense.

Pyru

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 10:33:28 pm »
Having a small chunk of grey-matter minipulate the fabric of time and space? Unlikly.

We're not talking about manipulating the fabric of time and space, merely transferring an amount of energy to do a task in a way that cannot normally be done through physical contact.
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 10:35:07 pm »
Having a small chunk of grey-matter minipulate the fabric of time and space? Unlikly.

We're not talking about manipulating the fabric of time and space, merely transferring an amount of energy to do a task in a way that cannot normally be done through physical contact.

Which as far as I can tell is impossible. But hey, to each there own.

Pyru

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2006, 10:37:11 pm »

Which as far as I can tell is impossible. But hey, to each there own.

As far as you can tell, changing one substance into another could be impossible, but it doesn't mean it's true.

You are not the definition of everything that's true. :P

officespace16

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2006, 10:43:15 pm »
Yes, our bodies can move things ATTATCHED to ourselves.  Being able to 'read minds' or 'move objects in the air' just doesnt make any sense.

it's not just that, there are things going on inside you that a machine can't do, i mean okay take this for example

a man was climbing kilamanjaro and fell and broke his ankle in half, tho it was still attached to his body

he spent 5 days waiting to be rescued, when the doctor got there his leg was consumed by gang green

in two weeks his body had fought off  the gang green in negative degree weather

i mean c'mon thats freakin' amazing
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2006, 11:00:06 pm »
Well in my opinion to discount it really, but then I would remain on the fence as if there is no evidence either way then who knows... but at the same time you can make something up and apply the same rule, ie theres a giant waffle that floats through space absorbing stuff, so far, no evidence against, non for either, so we cant know for certain either way, but at the same time its unlikely that many would endorse its existence.

I ♥ Open Girlfriend (What!? I didn't add this.. must have been Solly!)
  • My DevArt Account
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 01:57:07 am »
  • Its the joeshmo!
http://www.psipog.net
Look in the videos section and be amazed. Although many of these could be faked, it is unlikely. Anyway, I have semi telekenisis. I can move objects slightly with the utmost concentration. Almost by willing something hard enough and having a purpose. Like I can move the dial of my air conditioner when its really hot in my room with my mind sometimes. Its almost subconcious(sp?) when I do it then. In the day, I can make pencils roll down desks, but thats about it.
  • Netterra Virtual Pets
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 01:59:01 am »
  • ..Goodbye..
Yeah, thats where I used to go alot when I was training. Some of them probably are fake, but annie's video has me convinced. :P
Helios did it.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 73 queries.