Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neon Gensis Evangelion *spoilers*  (Read 1102 times)

Neon Gensis Evangelion *spoilers*
« on: February 24, 2011, 05:07:02 am »
Well, I finally sat down and watched all of Evangelion.  Then I watched End of Evangelion.
Am I supposed to understand what happened?  I felt I had a really good grasp of things until about episode 23 or 24.  That's why I started to have "wtf" moments.  Then the television ending of Shinji accepting Complementation was vague until I did some rading online of opinions and what not.

So, if I got this correct, the television ending is basically the acceptance of Complemenation, regardless if someone chose it or not.

In End of Evangelion, Shinji rejects Complemenation and thus returns to human form.  According to opinions, it seems the strangling part is Shinji's confirmation that he is back to reality(also stated on some official card game).

I guess I am not completely understanding everything as there is not that few extra minutes left of closer to the anime.  You are left completely to guess and surmise.  Personally, I thought both endings suck.

One, you completely melt down and become part of the false peace of Complementation.
The other shows Shinji rejecting Complementation only to be, in a way, rejected once more by Asuka.
Though others can return to human form, only Asuka and Shinji arein human form.  I can only suppose Asuka is in human form because of her true desire to be alone(officially stated somewhere, I cannot remember where).  So, she rejected Complementation.  Shinji is in human form because he wanted to face true reality even though it may be painful.

tl;dr
For those of you who watched it, what is your take on the endings and/or plot of Evangelion as a whole?

Oh and I actually really enjoyed the anime on a whole ^^
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: Neon Gensis Evangelion *spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 05:40:09 am »
  • 笑い男
Yeah, the TV ending's a bit O_o But I hear around that time the main man behind it all's wife died and so on, which apparently had effects on the outcome of the anime.
I also spent some days reading stuff online, but can't remember much about the TV ending tight butthole lol

Also, if you haven't already, you may (need to) check out the latest remake films. two are out so far, first one's pretty much same details as the anime, but it starts to get a bit different with the second. Third and fourth will be even more different no doubt with the fourth having a completely new ending.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 05:55:42 am »
Yeah, the TV ending's a bit O_o But I hear around that time the main man behind it all's wife died and so on, which apparently had effects on the outcome of the anime.
I also spent some days reading stuff online, but can't remember much about the TV ending tight butthole lol

Also, if you haven't already, you may (need to) check out the latest remake films. two are out so far, first one's pretty much same details as the anime, but it starts to get a bit different with the second. Third and fourth will be even more different no doubt with the fourth having a completely new ending.
No, I haven't seen those yet.  I am definitely going to try to find 'em.
I just wish they would give a true ending/conclusion that can actually be interpreted 100%, then have the alternative endings be the mysterious ones...:(

Same cliche of alot of animes.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 06:03:13 am »
The main man behind the series went insane during the writing of the series and wrote most of it from an assylum. At least that is what I have been told.

So what can you expect from someone in the looney bin.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 08:14:19 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I've always loved the Eva series as a whole. You can tell when they were having budget issues in the middle of the series though. The End of Evangelion ending is probably one of the best endings to a series I've seen in a long time. Alternatively, Rebuild of Evangelion is turning out very nicely and I'm pretty stoked to see that unfold.
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 04:10:17 am »
  • 笑い男
An anime you can tell when they're having budget issues is top wo nerae where the last episode is black and white and the main battle is a slide show.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 09:12:02 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I kind of really enjoyed the feeling I got after watching Evangelion as a whole. By as a whole, I mean I watched the anime, the End of Evangelion, and the two movies that were released. I don't feel like it's a bad thing to leave the rest to our interpretation; I feel like that makes the series more enjoyable in a sense. It leaves us somewhat guessing...but I'm only saying this after having watched the End of Evangelion. I can definitely relate after only watching the anime...it really was a memorable "wtf" moment for me.

I really like where the movies are heading. I won't say anything more than that since you haven't watched them yet ;).
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.476 seconds with 52 queries.

anything