Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sophia III Sprites  (Read 2578 times)

Ryuza

That one guy
Sophia III Sprites
« on: March 04, 2011, 06:03:28 am »
  • RyuKage2007
Hey everyone, been working on a bit of an upgrade of the sprites for Sophia III from Blaster Master for fun and practice. The sprite is from scratch but the layout and design of things is based on a combination of the original sprites and the official art for the game. So here it is, let me know what you think, here are the past versions:
-> -> ->

The current version(s):
-

And the main pieces of reference:

^ From the manual

^ From the opening
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 03:43:54 pm by Ryuza »
<- Koholint Island - MC Style  <- Link's Awakening Photo Recolors  <- Wind Waker 3D Resources <- Super Mario Bros Crossover
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Sophia III Sprites
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 06:30:20 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Looks pretty good, although honestly I've never liked the intro tank... I've never considered it to be an accurate representation due to it being the localization team's "redesign" of sorts :P

I'd also try to use an alternate palette, since it doesn't seem to "pop" as much as it should on some parts, and it looks a bit too blendy.

DJvenom and myself had made an HD variant to the tank a couple of years back; can use it for color selection, etc:

Ryuza

That one guy
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 07:26:05 am »
  • RyuKage2007
Very cool, I made a few changes with using the colors from it, I think it's looking much better:

Edit: Changed a bit more:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 06:01:27 pm by Ryuza »
<- Koholint Island - MC Style  <- Link's Awakening Photo Recolors  <- Wind Waker 3D Resources <- Super Mario Bros Crossover
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube

Ryuza

That one guy
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 03:43:18 pm »
  • RyuKage2007
Not sure if it's alright to bump this up but I made a lot of changes on the old version, I updated the first post with the older versions and the newest one.

Here are the two versions I'm working with right now, the second one has a minor change on the body where it connects to the glass and I'm still deciding which version I should continue with, I'm liking the second better though.
-

Let me know what you think. Also, I'm basing most of the design off of the top reference.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 03:52:41 pm by Ryuza »
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 45 queries.

anything