Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: HackerWall - Anti-hecking Protection Program  (Read 7885 times)

HackerWall - Anti-hecking Protection Program
« on: October 27, 2006, 10:39:03 pm »
Hacker Wall
Anti-hecking Protection Program

Summary:
HackerWall was first designed to block hackers from NinjaStory, later on it was planned to be used in Oracle of Life.  But was removed because of a major glitch which closes mIRC.  However now that glitch is fixed and I plan to continue to work on HackerWall.

Free or Paid?:
HackerWall WILL have to be bought by the user.  It is only a one time $5 fee.  Buying it also guarantees updates to occur.  As continuing to develop HackerWall takes time.

How to purchase?:
Currently HackerWall is still in testing stages and may not be purchased yet.

Sample of HackerWall
Download the Sample of HackerWall by clicking on the below link.  This version shows HackerWall in work!  How would you test HackerWall?  Well download a common hecking program.  Try downloading CheatEngine from www.cheatengine.org.  Then when you are finished, install it and try to open it.  You will find that it will not open.  But if you close the sample program you are able to open it.  Coincidence?  I think not.  Now when CheatEngine is open try opening the sample program.  You will find that CheatEngine closes while the test program is still open.
Download Sample Now

How would I be able to include HackerWall into my game?
On the first room of your game you just add:
Code: [Select]
if file_exists("HackerWall.exe") {
execute_program("HackerWall.exe",0,false)
}
else
{
show_message("HackerWall Error!  HackerWall.exe not found.");
game_end();
}
.  But now you wonder can't anyone just OPEN HackerWall and use it will their own programs?  Well that is false!  You can't HackerWall only attaches to certain programs.  For example make a new game called test2.gm6.  Then compile it with the code on the first room.  Once you open it you will find out the HackerWall just closes.

Does HackerWall have a website?
http://www.freewebs.com/hackerwall/

Screenshots

http://www.freewebs.com/hackerwall/screenshot1.PNG
EDIT:  Instead of not showing anything working I will show this!  It shows me developing HackerWall.

Only for Online Games?
Nope, you can also use it for offline games.  If you created a super hard game and you don't wanna risk it being beaten the first day using hacks then you can use HackerWall to prevent most of the hacks from comming in.  But usally HackerWall is used for online games because those are the ones that are hacked the most.

Current Games under the HackerWall system!:
???Oracle of Life
If you would like to beta test HackerWall in YOUR game, please PM me with a logical reason why you could use HackerWall efficiently in your game.  If your game gets accepted HackerWall will be avalible to you for free, you may pick it up via MSN or AIM.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 02:56:38 am by Penguin »
Re: HackerWall - Anti-hecking Protection Program
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 10:57:55 pm »
WOW... you make this in C++...
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 11:29:47 pm »
WOW... you make this in C++...
Huh?  Actually it's Visual Basic.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 11:34:47 pm »
Cool. Keep up the good work, I hate people who heck games. :)
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 11:37:32 pm »
Thanks.  Also I am currently working on a way to make it so HackerWall can connect to game servers and compare data with the games.
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 12:07:04 am »
  • [sic]
Are you planning to implement functionality to stop people from using memory viewers to see GM code? If so, then I will definitely buy this.

EDIT: I just realized that this won't do any good. All the hacker will have to do is move or delete the HackerWall.exe file, then when the game error comes up, just click ignore and hecking will still be possible. Unless the game tells itself to shut down unless HackerWall is running.
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 12:11:34 am »
Are you planning to implement functionality to stop people from using memory viewers to see GM code? If so, then I will definitely buy this.

EDIT: I just realized that this won't do any good. All the hacker will have to do is move or delete the HackerWall.exe file, then when the game error comes up, just click ignore and hecking will still be possible. Unless the game tells itself to shut down unless HackerWall is running.
Editing code in the game is easy, just make it to check in HackerWall is running then if its not then make it run.  And make it keep repeating, so if you keep closing it eventually you will get annoyed.
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 12:37:36 am »
  • [sic]
No, I mean, moving or deleting the file, then hitting Ignore when an error comes up saying it doesn't exist.
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 02:46:39 am »
No, I mean, moving or deleting the file, then hitting Ignore when an error comes up saying it doesn't exist.
Yes, I know.  All you have to do is make a little more coding in your game.

EDIT:  Here are the exact coding:
Code: [Select]
if file_exists("HackerWall.exe") {
execute_program("HackerWall.exe",0,false)
}
else
{
show_message("HackerWall Error!  HackerWall.exe not found.");
game_end();
}

This basicly says if it finds HackerWall it will open it, if it doesn't then it will return an error and the game will close.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 02:54:38 am by Penguin »
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 03:15:43 am »
I couldn't get this to work properly.
I had no problem opening the memory tools I use.

I was also able to end HackerWall through the task manager and i could even place a fake version inplace of the real one.

For a sample it really doesn't look good if it can be circumvented that easily :/
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 04:18:28 am »

I was also able to end HackerWall through the task manager and i could even place a fake version inplace of the real one.

For a sample it really doesn't look good if it can be circumvented that easily :/
>_>... It's just rev24...  Don't get so picky...
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 05:31:20 am »
Its better than nothing.
the a o d c
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 05:42:53 am »
Its better than nothing.
I guess it might be understandable since it isn't a proper release, so i'll wait until it has a proper version released before passing final judgement on it >_>
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2006, 09:19:22 am »
... Is it j ust me or does this seem pointless? I mean just like WWFan said you could easily shut it down or replace its exe. Idealy you want to release the source code so that people can compile it into their own exes removing said problems.
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2006, 12:41:11 pm »
  • [sic]

It's not being picky. It makes no sense to release a version that has no use.
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2006, 01:44:37 pm »

It's not being picky. It makes no sense to release a version that has no use.
Awww, now everyone is against me...
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2006, 02:21:07 pm »
  • [sic]
Woah, woah, no. I'd love to see this done and it's a great idea, but if it's so easy to circumvent, it obviously still needs lots of work on it. How often do you work on this?

EDIT: I've just thought of something else. Since you said it closes certain running programs, obviously it keeps a list somewhere of what to close. but this would be useless without updates, so I assume that it does something like Spybot and will check for updates to a list of harmful programs? But if so, how are you going to make sure it checks for updates on the computer of someone who downloads the game? Presumably they aren't going to do so, because it only hampers their apabilities.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 02:23:19 pm by Kame »
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2006, 02:47:18 pm »
Woah, woah, no. I'd love to see this done and it's a great idea, but if it's so easy to circumvent, it obviously still needs lots of work on it. How often do you work on this?

EDIT: I've just thought of something else. Since you said it closes certain running programs, obviously it keeps a list somewhere of what to close. but this would be useless without updates, so I assume that it does something like Spybot and will check for updates to a list of harmful programs? But if so, how are you going to make sure it checks for updates on the computer of someone who downloads the game? Presumably they aren't going to do so, because it only hampers their apabilities.
Come again?  Also I work on this every few hours.  Also I am working on an update system.  Another thing is this isn't that easy to circumvent, its just that Windy is a vb pro.
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2006, 02:53:38 pm »
  • [sic]
No... he just made a new file. I could have done that, and I never learned VB. Anyone could have done that.

What I am saying is that, you've revealed that one way the program stops Hackers is by shutting down known hecking programs. So how does it keep a list of new hecking programs? A text file on a server? And updates would need to be automatic to ensure safety. But if the server goes down... useless.

This is a great idea, and like I said, when it's done, if you've fixed all these problems, I'm definitely going to buy it. I'm just thinking of ways it can be worked around, because if I can do it, a hacker can definitely do it. Which is what you're trying to prevent.
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2006, 03:29:25 pm »
No... he just made a new file. I could have done that, and I never learned VB. Anyone could have done that.

What I am saying is that, you've revealed that one way the program stops Hackers is by shutting down known hecking programs. So how does it keep a list of new hecking programs? A text file on a server? And updates would need to be automatic to ensure safety. But if the server goes down... useless.

This is a great idea, and like I said, when it's done, if you've fixed all these problems, I'm definitely going to buy it. I'm just thinking of ways it can be worked around, because if I can do it, a hacker can definitely do it. Which is what you're trying to prevent.
Actually, the list is stored internally inside the file.  Maybe, I can make it so it checks how big the file is and if it doesn't match one on the server then it will close...  It's a possibility.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 75 queries.

anything