Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Majora's Mask Discussion  (Read 3075 times)

Majora's Mask Discussion
« on: August 10, 2009, 07:11:37 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
So I replayed through Majora's Mask and just finished it again last night.

Man, I forgot how much I love this game. I flows (no pun) so well, it's got a great concept and executes it well. While a lot of the graphics are recycled from Ocarina of Time, it's still great for it's time.

The mask concept is really great, and I love it. I love being able to play as some of the other many races of Hyrule. Zora Link is my favorite, aside from Fierce Deity, of course, it could only be used in boss battles D:

The storyline is different from usual Zelda games, and that makes it great. It's not the same old "Save Princess, Save Hyrule" although it's still got the "Save the Land" part. Termina, while slightly small, is still a really great place, I do hope it's revisited some day. It has some interesting terrain.

I'd love to see a sequel. They've got a ton of options they could do, like bringing Majora's Mask back, and having it's power restorted taking over the body of someone else, or they could even do every fanboys dream and stick the mask on Ganondorf, but, while awesome, would be kind of stupid, it could work though :P

Overall Majora's Mask is great, I want more :(
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
Re: Majora's Mask Discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 07:19:35 pm »
  • Fight the Power
I was playing through it the other day, just for kicks. Still remains on my top 3 list. I got stuck on my way to the Snow Temple though. >_<

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 07:20:41 pm »
I didn't like it the first time.. I just got it on my wii and I'm attempting to play through it again..

I also just bought Twilight Princess for the Wii.. I intend on playing through that as well.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 07:25:14 pm »
  • Personal Text
Majora's Mask IS my top favourite =D
I also played it through again recently, and it is STILL nerve wracking when there is only 1 hour left. In my opinion, they did everything right in that game except the Kokiri Sword. It bothers me that they made it look different.. not to mention stupid.
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 07:30:39 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
I got stuck on my way to the Snow Temple though. >_<

Where did you get stuck? :P

I didn't like it the first time.. I just got it on my wii and I'm attempting to play through it again..

Play it, not Twilight Princess :( It's something you need to sit down and take time out to enjoy, especially if you want to complete the game 100%. The side quests are really fun.

and it is STILL nerve wracking when there is only 1 hour left.

Yeah, I had about 2 hours to get to Snowhead, defeat Goht again, then gather all the frogs together to get a heart piece cause I didn't feel like beating the other two bosses and doing the temples again to get to the two Gecko bosses :P

In my opinion, they did everything right in that game except the Kokiri Sword. It bothers me that they made it look different.. not to mention stupid.

I didn't really mind the Kokiri Sword, especially since I eventually got the Razor Sword :P The only thing I hated was that you HAD to have these weapons, you couldn't change them like in Ocarina of Time. Some of the time I didn't want the Mirror Shield anymore :(
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 07:33:29 pm »
  • Fight the Power
Where did you get stuck? :P
Somewhere after making the crying baby shut up. I can't really remember, I'll go check. :P

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 07:43:15 pm »
I got stuck the first time too... You see.. I didn't take the time to collect the faeries you needed to collect. :p

Long story short, you can only play so far when your magic meter is still the same size it was when you started.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 07:50:20 pm »
Majora's Mask is my most favorite game of all time. I still love playing through it whenever I get the chance. And it's just got a different tone than any of the other Zelda games. It's much darker and uses some damn good imagery to get you thinking. I read this article about "The Message of Majora's Mask." It's really interesting and makes you think a whole lot more of the game.
  • https://colbydude.com
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 08:00:54 pm »
It's a shame we haven't seen the masks since this game... ::)

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 08:16:32 pm »
  • The Mike
Glad to see some Zelda-related topics for once. Majora's Mask is my favorite game of all time. It's different from the other games and that kind of makes it more appealing to me. They really need to make some sort of sequel. I know the game inside out.

They've got a ton of options they could do, like bringing Majora's Mask back, and having it's power restorted taking over the body of someone else, or they could even do every fanboys dream and stick the mask on Ganondorf, but, while awesome, would be kind of stupid, it could work though :P
I made a fanfic when I was younger similar to that. The two of them merged together into some being called "Majoradorf" or something but they were easily beaten by a merge between Link and the Baby Goron. :P

It's a shame we haven't seen the masks since this game... ::)
A few of the masks are seen at the Nintendo Gallery on the wall in The Wind Waker. XD

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 08:29:44 pm »
  • Fight the Power
They really need to make some sort of sequel.
Nooo no sequel. They tend to ruin things by making sequels because fans just can't get enough of it. :(

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 08:46:12 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
They really need to make some sort of sequel.
Nooo no sequel. They tend to ruin things by making sequels because fans just can't get enough of it. :(

If they were any other game company (besides a few).

Nintendo can execute sequels nicely, look at the whole franchise of Zelda. None of the games, imo, have been a disappointment or have ruined the series. Some aren't as good as others, but they're still good.
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 08:58:34 pm »
MM is definately an awesome game. What makes it are the sidequests. Sooo much to do! The areas were also refreshing, as well as the concepts. <3 stone tower All in all, very unique game, and one everyone should play.
EDIT; I've also read the message of MM thing you posted colby, I quite enjoyed it back when I read it
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 09:02:24 pm by ZoSo »
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 09:01:00 pm »
  • Fight the Power
Nintendo can execute sequels nicely, look at the whole franchise of Zelda. None of the games, imo, have been a disappointment or have ruined the series. Some aren't as good as others, but they're still good.
Yeah, but they were also completely unrelated between them, so you can hardly call them sequels. :P

Btw, that link Colby posted is really intersting, you guys should check it out.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 09:25:38 pm »
  • The Mike
I read that on ZeldaInformer before. It's better if you read it while listening to this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ZTyCxbdok" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ZTyCxbdok</a>

• Zelda Eternity

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 02:50:59 am »
  • b e p i s
I love MM. It's got some of the best writing and character development I've ever seen in a game. It's the embodiment of what makes Nintendo games great: that implacable charm that you just can't replicate.

Kind of wish there had been more dungeons, but the amount of sidequests offsets that.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 04:52:00 am »
I don't think I've seen any other game with more sidequests, no, sidequests that you kindof CARE about, seriously, when I first played the game, I was about 9 or 10, and I was obsessed with trying to fill the entire Boomer's Notebook, and I did XD
The only thing I didn't do in the game was get all the stray faeries in Woodfall and all the Heart Pieces, everything else: yep.

And the dungeons, Stone Tower is still amazing, I mean,
Show content
flipping the entire dungeon upside down? Amazing Concept.
(Spoilers if you haven't played that area yet)

Manly men don't sass. Manly men get in FIGHTS! Fist fights using manly fists!
  • JetDesigns
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 02:21:08 pm »
  • Fight the Power
Damnit, I lost my save file. :( I remember I was already in the Snow Temple, infact I was almost done with it. Well you made me start all over again. D:

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 02:59:02 pm »
Damnit, I lost my save file. :( I remember I was already in the Snow Temple, infact I was almost done with it. Well you made me start all over again. D:

And you really hate that so much don't you  :P XD
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 03:05:58 pm »
  • Fight the Power

And you really hate that so much don't you  :P XD
Actually it ain't that bad. :) I just started over and am going through the game doing every sidequest and everything there is to it, so it's not such a bad thing. :P

i liek teh mask turn u into jarodeo lol maek u look neit
Sorry, what?

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 78 queries.

anything