Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Request] Alttp - Electric cukeman sprites  (Read 3916 times)

[Request] Alttp - Electric cukeman sprites
« on: July 15, 2011, 02:15:15 pm »
The video below says it all. The Cukeman enemy from alttp has a rather funny animation when hit.
Could someone help me get/find/rip those sprites while it's electric?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDisaYKDVaw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDisaYKDVaw</a>
Re: [Request] Alttp - Electric cukeman sprites
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 07:55:22 am »
Just to emphysis how hard these sprites are to find: typing "alttp sprite cukeman" on google leads right back to this page on the first result. You know it's bad if the request is listed way higher then the awnser, if it can even be found somewhere on the internet.

If anybody can give me specific instruction on how to go about ripping that specific animation I would also be most gratefull.

EDIT: Never mind the request. I found that the cukeman is just a buzzblob with some eyes and a mouth attached to it. The colors for a normal cukeman is yellow, but when it becomes electric it's probably just random, like when an enemy get's hit. I've got enough information now to continue.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 10:37:39 am by Martijn dh »

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 04:57:45 pm »
When it's hit, it switches between blue and red. It seems that the mouth is blue if the body is red and vice versa. I found a still sprite of a cukeman that you can take the eyes and mouth from. Also, the cukeman and buzz bob sprites aren't exactly the same.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 05:08:19 pm by jimn346 »
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 05:23:40 pm »
Thanks for your help Jimn346. Any help is always appreciated.
I have Cukeman programmed in now, except for being able to talk to it. Maybe I'll try and fix those problems in a couple of hours. The colors are a little off when it turns electric, but people will probably not notice.

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 05:37:51 pm »
I also found a gray cukeman sprite. They might come in different colors. I'll continue to search for animated ones.

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 10:23:41 pm »
I started a game of ALTTP today on VBA and was able to get far enough to rip the cukeman sprites. Yay! The electric animation repeats itself once (it lasts 8 frames). I'm pretty sure that if the room speed is 30, the animation speed would be 0.25.
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 05:31:30 pm »
Thanks. I'll take another look at Cukeman again in two weeks time. Next weekend I'll be helping a friend with his new garden so it probably won't be any sooner then that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 52 queries.

anything