Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: [WIP] LOZ: Vengeance (56k Warning) - Version 1.2 / Trailer  (Read 29345 times)

Re: [WIP] LOZ: Vengeance (56k Warning)
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2007, 08:27:44 pm »
Played the demo, it had a few glitches here and there but nothing to serious. Pretty impressive considering it came from your own program.
Demo? What demo?
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2007, 08:31:40 pm »
Played the demo, it had a few glitches here and there but nothing to serious. Pretty impressive considering it came from your own program.

O_o... Wrong topic?
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2007, 09:47:36 pm »

O_o... Wrong topic?
And I actually spent a few minutes trying to find the demo in the page, lol...
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2007, 07:23:56 am »
More screenies attached! The first section of the game is done along with most of the underlying engine. Just got to plow on with the rest. Thankfully I've recruited a few people from college to help with the map design so it shouldn't take that long. I've also been doing some compatibility testing, seems to work quite well when all the prerequisites have been properly installed.

I also added basic support for networking to the fusion engine! Works pretty well thus far, needs a fair bit of work yet though.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 07:27:59 am by Infinitus »
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2007, 06:40:55 am »
  • Captain Banana
Looks good, although I hate the LTTP graphics. The Fusion editor looks awesome too :)
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2007, 06:59:09 pm »
 :-[ I missed this update!

It looks pretty neat and I'm deffo looking forward to it! :D
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2007, 09:45:01 pm »
Thanks bert :).

Anyway just got a large chunk of indoor maps done today. All working pretty well.
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2007, 11:27:56 pm »
Hehe, I was rather bored with mapping today so I decided to add some 3D support (well technically it all is 3D hardware accelerated) to the Fusion engine. You can now load in meshs and render them on a 2D plane. It works really well to, though rotation could do with some touching up. I'll post a screenshot to.
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2007, 08:51:58 pm »
Well the project is going pretty good :P. Just plooding along with map design and optimizing the Fusion engine. Hopefully when I get the time I'm also going to port it to the XBOX360 by creating a new graphics driver that uses XNA :P. Should be a fun experiment.

Anyway couple of screenies for those who actually care :P;

« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 09:36:23 pm by Infinitus »
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2007, 10:54:05 pm »
Wow, it really looks exactly like ALttP :O
It's not like the other fangames made in GM XD
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2007, 08:55:13 am »
  • Master Of Disaster
Looks awesome. Just like the real thing.
And the editor looks very interesting too.. Makes me seriously want to try it :D

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2007, 11:53:27 pm »
Well a pretty nice chunk of the game is done, progress is slow but steady. I should hopefully have a demo (up to the end of the first dungeon, including the full editor, engine and source) out for christmas and possibly a trailer. Just touching things up at the moment :P.

And here are some obligatory updated screenshots (attached). First is of map L1R1 of the first dungeon in the editor (pick up the pot and step on the switch to open the sealed doors ;P. Classic), second is of the same map in the engine, and the third is part of the 'dungeon-being-opened/introduced' cutscene.

(Edit: Oh and credit to aab for some of the dungeon stuff I've been using an editing :P)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 11:57:21 pm by Infinitus »
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2007, 11:59:33 pm »
  • 笑い男
that editor is looking mighty fancy :x
lol

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2007, 01:12:26 am »
Yawn, well guys heres a early Christmas Present :P (actually its more like a widescale bug test but what the hey). Its buggy as hell (its still a real huge WIP) but have fun. Its a demo of LOZ Vengeance (up to the end of the first dungeon), complete with a full build of the SDK, source for the game is included in full, source for the Fusion engine will come soon.

To run the game follow these steps;
0.5. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST .NET FRAMEWORK AND MANAGED DIRECTX LIBRARIES (Managed libraries are not the same as the normal libraries :P, so make sure you get them.) You can download an updater from; http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=1A2393C0-1B2F-428E-BD79-02DF977D17B8&displaylang=en
1. Download the Fusion Game Engine from; http://www.binaryphoenix.com/projects/Fusion/Fusion_23Dec2007Install.exe
2. Run Fusion.exe and Login to your account or register a new one (look in the Account menu for the options to do this). These accounts are tied to those at binaryphoenix.com, if you have an account there just use its details to login.
3. Go to the 'Game Library' tab, find 'LOZ Vengeance' and click the download button.
4. When its finished downloading, go to the 'My Games' and click the run button :P.
5. Have fun.

If you want to enable the developers console within the game open up the Fusion.xml file and change the 'ShowConsole' setting to '1'. You can then open it with F1 at any time.
If you want to open up the map editor (don't :P), first create a shortcut to the Editor.exe file and set the command line as '-game:"LOZ Vengeance"'. Run the editor and have fun.

Anyhow I need some sleep now, I'll deal with the bug reports that are going to amass here in the morning :P. Along with everything else I have forgoten to put in this post >.>

Edit: Oh yeh, here are the controls (you can rebind them in the FusionApps\LOZ Vengeance\Loz vengeance.xml file)
a = Lift / Throw / Dash
s = Display Map (To Do)
z = Swing Sword
x = Use Equiped Weapon / Open / Read / Speak / Swim Faster
enter = Inventory
shift = Save Menu

p.s. Cookie to anyone who finds their way into the 'Divide By Zero' easter egg room and takes a screenshot.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 09:14:01 pm by Infinitus »
Re: [WIP] LOZ: Vengeance (56k Warning) - Demo & ...
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2007, 01:16:31 am »
waiting for this!
ill download it first thing in the morning, lack of sleep imminent :)
coding is... addictive :(

My Child Is Student of The Month at Neverland Ranch!
  • SSEdit
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2007, 02:34:53 am »
  • MetalRidley was here
Sweet, it's nice to see another game not made in GameMaker :D. I ended up getting to about 3 rooms into the dungeon, but it began lagging so much in between rooms that I couldn't really play it anymore.
Anyways here are the bugs I found:

-The first was (kind of) in the downloader, when you try exiting while downloading it asks if you are sure and that downloads will be cancelled, but it only lets you say OK lol.
-Then there were a few grammar errors ("Your a LINK!" from the test thing in the library and "your sure" by the bar guys, and a couple more in the library).
-When I went down the well and got the piece of heart from the chest, movement froze (I'm assuming you forgot to unlock the movement controls after opening the chest?) both times I tried it.
-The snakes in the well were slithering over the empty gap in the floor.
-There were a few times that I somehow sneaked past a room border, one was while I was throwing a bush and other times it was right when the room loaded.
-Also, and these might have to do with my computer, the title screen only displayed half of the scrolling scene. It was like it should be drawing the background twice but only was doing it once, and same with the foreground. Oh and the music skipped between rooms.

If it helps, I have a 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 and 256 MB RAM. Good luck with finishing this; the mechanics are pretty sound and it looks really good so far.

THE MUSIC IS REVERSIBLE, BUT TIME IS NOT. TURN BACK... turn back... turn back...
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2007, 08:42:57 am »
Sweet, it's nice to see another game not made in GameMaker :D. I ended up getting to about 3 rooms into the dungeon, but it began lagging so much in between rooms that I couldn't really play it anymore.
Do you mean each room took a long time to load or that the fps of the rooms was low? Anyway not sure why that is, but I'll look into it.

-The first was (kind of) in the downloader, when you try exiting while downloading it asks if you are sure and that downloads will be cancelled, but i only lets you say OK lol.
Whoops >.>

-Then there were a few grammar errors ("Your a LINK!" from the test thing in the library and "your sure" by the bar guys, and a couple more in the library).
Most of the text in that won't be used in the final game, its just a demo :P.

-When I went down the well and got the piece of heart from the chest, movement froze (I'm assuming you forgot to unlock the movement controls after opening the chest?) both times I tried it.
Yeh I noticed that a few minutes ago to, not sure why its doing that >.<. I'll fix it in a sec.

-The snakes in the well were slithering over the empty gap in the floor.
Probably a delta-time problem, what fps are you getting (open the developers console and type 'toggle_fps' to find out, also type 'toggle_delta' and 'toggle_delta_graph' and give me the results of that)

-There were a few times that I somehow sneaked past a room border, one was while I was throwing a bush and other times it was right when the room loaded.
Probably a delta-time problem again, post your fps.

-Also, and these might have to do with my computer, the title screen only displayed half of the scrolling scene. It was like it should be drawing the background twice but only was doing it once, and same with the foreground.
Screenshot? Not sure why that is, probably a graphics driver error.

If it helps, I have a 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 and 256 MB RAM. Good luck with finishing this; the mechanics are pretty sound and it looks really good so far.
I have to say I kind of went overboard on the graphics and speed requirements so that may be one of the reasons.
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2007, 02:25:15 pm »
Whoops just noticed I left in one gaping cpu / memory hole (stupid debugging stuff >.>). I'll release an updated version in a second. Most of the bugs posted above have also been fixed, most of them were just my own stupidity >.>
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2007, 02:38:21 pm »
the directx package is the nov2007 one right?

My Child Is Student of The Month at Neverland Ranch!
  • SSEdit
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2007, 04:12:29 pm »
the directx package is the nov2007 one right?
Shouldn't make any difference, dx is backwards compatible. As long as you update with the latest (online) installer you will get all the packages you need.

Though if you really wish to know the managed version I'm using is 1.0.2902.0 (Summer 04).
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 04:19:20 pm by Infinitus »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 77 queries.