Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [fixed] Online/Offline  (Read 3309 times)

[fixed] Online/Offline
« on: March 11, 2007, 07:13:23 pm »
  • IBV
Maybe not really a bug but more of a... well, it just looks odd. Well, the ONL/OFL lamp would be better if it looked more like this:

Instead of always saying "online" with a lamp.

Also, the two icons are not similar. They are different sizes so the text get offset by some pixels, plus the handle is not transparent in the online one.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 06:12:24 pm by Infinitus »
My signature is empty.
Re: Online/Offline
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 07:15:52 pm »
Ok, I'll deal with it later.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 08:41:54 pm »
It makes sense to me >.>
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 09:16:30 pm »
  • hungry..
Same with rupees, get a little icon going >_>
  • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 10:19:28 pm »
  • w00t
It makes sense to me >.>

If you mean the current method, then it doesn't make too much sense to me.  To have the word "online" itself plus an icon that indicates that he's offline sends mixed messages.  I'd prefer the word to reflect the user's status, or perhaps just change the actual text to "online status:" or something. 
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 01:58:53 pm »
  • Minalien
If Infinitus is one in about 2-3 hours and I can grab FTP information from him again, I'll take care of this, along with a few other minor modifications that need taken care of.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 03:10:53 pm »
  • hungry..
Having it as a prefix seems a bit pointless though Sol. If anything it should be "[icon] Male" or "[icon] Online". That makes far more sense.
  • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 03:48:27 pm »
  • Minalien
That's what, with Sol's idea, I'm planning on setting it to, once I get the FTP information

Fixed. I'm also working to fix some other things, like Gender & Rupees :D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 04:10:01 pm by Madilim Kagalakan »
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 05:08:11 pm »
Though it is fixed, it made sense to me because there are two separate images, one that represents that the image is online, the other that represents its off-line. Thats why it made 100% sense. :p

I think it's wise to also change the gender system so instead of "Gender:" it says "Male:" or "Female:" to ensure consistency and to make things more obvious to people who are not familiar with the icons. Plus there's very little difference between the two gender icons.

Again with the icons. BLUE in most cultures represents BOY PURPLE/PINK in most cultures (western ones) means GIRL. I disagree with both of these modifications. :\
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 05:10:07 pm by Andrew »
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 05:21:50 pm »
  • hungry..
You disagree? What you said didn't make much sense. How they are now ([icon] Value) makes complete logical sense and looks nice.
  • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 05:22:59 pm »
  • Minalien
I really dont care one way or the other, they're fine in my eyes. I mean, they're kinda different icons for each value, and it's not exactly hard to tell the difference

• Development Blog
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 05:46:26 pm »
  • I murder your toys as well
I use the SMF theme, so I don't notice. :P But when I used the green theme I did notice this. Its pretty confusing.

This user is on indefinite hiatus.
  • Facebook - Jeremy Elliott
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 05:47:07 pm »
  • Minalien
*HOW* is it confusing?

• Development Blog
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 09:52:31 pm »
  • Minalien
That's what I'm talking about. I still have yet to see how it was confusing

• Development Blog
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 10:11:13 pm »
  • w00t
Andrew, I think you're the only one who wasn't confused by the old system.  Even if it had just said "Online Status: [icon]" it would have been much clearer.  As it was however, it made little sense to say "Online: [offline icon]"

I like the current system, thank you MiN.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 11:00:50 pm »
  • Minalien
... perhaps I'm not saying it properly. I wasn't confused by the old system, I seen no problem with it, and I seriously don't know how you could be confused by it, it's more laziness than anything. If the lamp has a flame in it, they're online, if not, they're offline. If their potion bottle is blue, they're male, if it's pink, they're female, not very hard...

• Development Blog
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2007, 12:00:25 am »
  • w00t
It wasn't really confusing per say, just bad design.  At first glance, one sees the word "online" and assumes that the user is online.  Regardless of whether or not it was confusing, I'm still glad that you changed it to the current system, which is much more self-explanatory.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 68 queries.

anything